-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2019-2020 Weill Cornell
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I did not go through all these threads, it was listed in last years thread, and I added last cycle date.
2019: Friday March 8
2018: Thursday March 8
2017: Thursday March 9
2016: Wednesday February 24
2015: Thursday March 12
2014: Thursday March 13
2013: Monday March 11
2012: Thursday March 15
2011: Tuesday March 8
2010: Wednesday March 3
2009: Friday February 27
2008: Friday March 7
It's looking like the end of the first full week of March, maybe March 5/6. It also could be Monday the 9th. It could be right now. I honestly don't know I'm a guy just hoping Weill Cornell likes me as much as I like it.
Thanks @Bucgator24! The February release dates scare me a bit. Now I shall make a request to increase everyone’s tension, anxiety, and generally fruitless discomfort. Do you know when the last interview date was for those (February release) years?
And in terms of post-II thank you responses, only one person (adcom) responded. Other interviewer is super busy so no response there. Again, something like that probably doesn’t matter.
If it’s of any help, I called last week and was told final committee meetings weren’t happening until next week. So I’m assuming decisions will come out the week after next week (03/02-03/06)I did not go through all these threads, it was listed in last years thread, and I added last cycle date.
2019: Friday March 8
2018: Thursday March 8
2017: Thursday March 9
2016: Wednesday February 24
2015: Thursday March 12
2014: Thursday March 13
2013: Monday March 11
2012: Thursday March 15
2011: Tuesday March 8
2010: Wednesday March 3
2009: Friday February 27
2008: Friday March 7
It's looking like the end of the first full week of March, maybe March 5/6. It also could be Monday the 9th. It could be right now. I honestly don't know I'm a guy just hoping Weill Cornell likes me as much as I like it.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
jfijiefjieji
Full Member
Apparently in the 2016 thread where they released decisions Feb 24, interviews ended on Feb 11. The last reported interview for this year was Feb 13.Thanks @Bucgator24! The February release dates scare me a bit. Now I shall make a request to increase everyone’s tension, anxiety, and generally fruitless discomfort. Do you know when the last interview date was for those (February release) years?
And in terms of post-II thank you responses, only one person (adcom) responded. Other interviewer is super busy so no response there. Again, something like that probably doesn’t matter.
Bucgator24
Full Member
I think the last committee meeting will be next week as another poster has pointed out. The question is are they going to release at the end of next week or the week after..... no body knows...Apparently in the 2016 thread where they released decisions Feb 24, interviews ended on Feb 11. The last reported interview for this year was Feb 13.
Why is that unfortunate lolIt’s unfortunate that Cornell said on February 14th when answering a phone call that more II invites were being sent out..
SleazySalesMed
ABC's - Always Be Closing
Why is that unfortunate lol
1. A delay in decisions since they have to consider more applicants and 2. More competition for a set amount of seats
oh but its good news for people w/ silence rn 🙂1. A delay in decisions since they have to consider more applicants and 2. More competition for a set amount of seats
D
deleted994247
That would be pretty controversial. So I would say definitely not.do y'all think this new debt-free initiative will affect the amount of low-income students that cornell accepts? will it be lower than in past years so that they don't have to spend too much money?
(if anything it will lead to more low income because they’ll have full rides and therefore be more likely to matriculate)
Last edited by a moderator:
Believe admissions everywhere are need blind. However, we would be naive to think it is 100% blind if URM essay spoke about the low income hardships etc. But, even if not blind, I believe the admittance decisions are need independent!I don't think so, I think their admissions are need-blind -- can someone confirm?
Throwaway33130
Full Member
Have we confirmed how people were notified in past years. Phone? Email?
Sending positive vibes to everyone. I know we're all sweating it out.
Sending positive vibes to everyone. I know we're all sweating it out.
I love you too 🙂 and I love everyone 🙂Man I love you guys. I hope the best for everyone here :')
Sorry if this is a dumb question but presumably a later interview means that you're less likely to get in, yes? Despite the fact that it's "non-rolling." Just trying to see how proactive I should be in beginning looking for housing and whatnot based on my second choice A.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Sorry if this is a dumb question but presumably a later interview means that you're less likely to get in, yes? Despite the fact that it's "non-rolling." Just trying to see how proactive I should be in beginning looking for housing and whatnot based on my second choice A.
Cornell interviews in the order that applications are received/marked complete. Even if you submitted early, I wouldn't think too much about when you interviewed. Focus more on your performance and how you felt. For example, I've been ghosted by two top tier schools even though I interviewed at the first available dates. I wouldn't consider myself a bad interviewer either based on my current number of acceptances, it all comes down to luck and the class profile they aim to build.
Best of luck to you <3
Just trying to see how proactive I should be in beginning looking for housing and whatnot based on my second choice A.
Until you see an acceptance, it is ill-advised to do this in general lol
Until you see an acceptance, it is ill-advised to do this in general lol
Nah, I meant for schools that I'm already accepted to -- not for Weill lmao
s are received/marked complete. Even if you submitted early, I wouldn't think too much about when you interviewed. Focus more on your performance and how you felt. For example, I've been gh
Cornell interviews in the order that applications are received/marked complete. Even if you submitted early, I wouldn't think too much about when you interviewed. Focus more on your performance and how you felt. For example, I've been ghosted by two top tier schools even though I interviewed at the first available dates. I wouldn't consider myself a bad interviewer either based on my current number of acceptances, it all comes down to luck and the class profile they aim to build.
Best of luck to you <3
Thank you!!
Nah, I meant for schools that I'm already accepted to -- not for Weill lmao
Oh, my fault. I have a friend like that already planning her life around her unreleased first choice lol. I would wait until the initial round of acceptances are released before making those plans IMO. It isn't unheard of for people in February to get in, but from the one post I remember from last cycle it was a WL --> A decision
Oh, my fault. I have a friend like that already planning her life around her unreleased first choice lol.
Ouch. hope it works out
I’m on the other side of this, saying that earlier interviewees in general are at an advantage. Current students at the lunch said they start putting people in piles already and non rolling just meant they don’t give decisions until later.
logistically that makes sense. Going through all 800 interviewees files only after the final interview is done to make decisions? I personally think that’s unlikely
logistically that makes sense. Going through all 800 interviewees files only after the final interview is done to make decisions? I personally think that’s unlikely
I knew this was the case for Columbia when talking to students, didn't know cornell did this semi-rolling thing too.I’m on the other side of this, saying that earlier interviewees in general are at an advantage. Current students at the lunch said they start putting people in piles already and non rolling just meant they don’t give decisions until later.
logistically that makes sense. Going through all 800 interviewees files only after the final interview is done to make decisions? I personally think that’s unlikely
I mean I’m sure there is some changing of decisions but I’d argue that the majority of them are made.I knew this was the case for Columbia when talking to students, didn't know cornell did this semi-rolling thing too.
I wanna say another student who was interviewing on my day said his interviewer (student or faculty) said the same thing... but that may be from Columbia.
This is what I’ve heard about other non rolling schools. It makes sense, I think there’s just more flexibility since technically no seats have been taken yet. They’d be much more willing and able to swap out a strong, later interviewee for a seat an earlier interviewee held versus rescinding an A from someone to offer it to the later interviewee lolI’m on the other side of this, saying that earlier interviewees in general are at an advantage. Current students at the lunch said they start putting people in piles already and non rolling just meant they don’t give decisions until later.
logistically that makes sense. Going through all 800 interviewees files only after the final interview is done to make decisions? I personally think that’s unlikely
i was under the impression that all non rolling schools did this lol whoopsI mean I’m sure there is some changing of decisions but I’d argue that the majority of them are made.
I wanna say another student who was interviewing on my day said his interviewer (student or faculty) said the same thing... but that may be from Columbia.
Last edited:
Pre-II R just now. I can finally unwatch this thread in peace.
Pre-II R. Now I can finally rest in peace
+1Pre-II R. Now I can finally rest in peace
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Unsurprisingly, R.
Also just received the pre-interview R. Best of luck to those who have interviewed already and are anxiously awaiting a decision.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Member when we were talking about initial acceptance sizes and I messed up?
I present to you, from the 2018-2019 thread, the following quote:
I present to you, from the 2018-2019 thread, the following quote:
hey y'all! MS1 here. My friend on adcom said that they had their last meeting yesterday and decided on the class, so news should be coming out soon! They only accept as many people as the class size initially (~106) so many people are waitlisted. There is a lot of WL movement once May and June roll around so don't be too disappointed if you do get on the WL. Good luck!!!
Member when we were talking about initial acceptance sizes and I messed up?
I present to you, from the 2018-2019 thread, the following quote:
that’s.....scary
Member when we were talking about initial acceptance sizes and I messed up?
I present to you, from the 2018-2019 thread, the following quote:
Hey I realized I misspoke! I found out recently that this year they accepted more than 106 people in March so I apologize for the confusion!
I'm not sure if in previous years they only initially accepted 106-- I could just be misremembering something an upperclassman told me.
100% they accept more than 106 considering I think my student tour guide said like 20-30% of their current class is from the WL too... ugh I'd like to just have the decision and not have to think about silly things like this 🙁
StormPhoenix
Full Member
So in terms of release date. We’re pretty certain on March 6 and 9 right? I’m kind of hoping for a February release date due to a few release dates in previous years being in February. But I’m also not trying to get my hopes up
But sir, how could they be certain? Has anyone confirmed it with the school? They just trended dates and made an educated guess based on prior history
Why are we pretty certain on 6 or 9th?So in terms of release date. We’re pretty certain on March 6 and 9 right? I’m kind of hoping for a February release date due to a few release dates in previous years being in February. But I’m also not trying to get my hopes up
juliannewman
Full Member
Member when we were talking about initial acceptance sizes and I messed up?
I present to you, from the 2018-2019 thread, the following quote:
so think there will be exactly 106 initial acceptances?
medschoolthrowaway2020
Full Member
Someone posted that was a follow up post in the previous thread saying that the quoted information was incorrect lmao. So convoluted.so think there will be exactly 106 initial acceptances?
Idk why we don't believe the msar. It literally says March 12.
That vast majority of my acceptances were later than the reported date on MSAR.Idk why we don't believe the msar. It literally says March 12.
StormPhoenix
Full Member
I don’t own MSAR so I didn’t know that. Nice to know they put a date on MSAR
My last 2 decisions didn't match their MSAR date. Both came before 😎
last year's MSAR said Mar 12 but they heard back Mar 6 so...maybe we will too?
Last year they also interviewed all the way through February so maybe it could even be earlierlast year's MSAR said Mar 12 but they heard back Mar 6 so...maybe we will too?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
MSAR lies
On US News it says
Regular application acceptance notification
March 9 (Begins)
Aug. 18 (Ends)
They be giving arbitrary dates to US News and MSAR
Regular application acceptance notification
March 9 (Begins)
Aug. 18 (Ends)
They be giving arbitrary dates to US News and MSAR
Bucgator24
Full Member
I heard speculation that the last interview date was mid February. However, does anyone actually know? They could be interviewing today.Last year they also interviewed all the way through February so maybe it could even be earlier
I think it was.I heard speculation that the last interview date was mid February. However, does anyone actually know? They could be interviewing today.
Hey I realized I misspoke! I found out recently that this year they accepted more than 106 people in March so I apologize for the confusion!
I'm not sure if in previous years they only initially accepted 106-- I could just be misremembering something an upperclassman told me.
Soooo looks like they accept more than 106
