2019-2020 Wisconsin

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
The Walgreens near me does not sell them. There is a Walgreens along the way that opens at 7 am but I doubt they may have them, but I’ll call. TheTarget near me opens at 8 am and that may be my best bet. I can make it just barely on time if I haul ass.... ugh, what a mess I made for myself.

If you‘re minutes late, it would be a good ice breaker

Members don't see this ad.

Good news, guys! My Airbnb host was gracious enough to lend me a tie! To say I’m relieved is an understatement!

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Are they receptive to LOI? Because I fell in love with this school during my interview and even though I had conveyed that to my interviewer, I want to express it in writing if it would make any difference.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Are they receptive to LOI? Because I fell in love with this school during my interview and even though I had conveyed that to my interviewer, I want to express it in writing if it would make any difference.
On the secondary application under Document Upload, it says they do not accept application updates or letters of intent.

I interviewed on 12/6 and haven't heard back yet. They said at the latest I would hear back on Jan 31st, may call them soon, but am not really in any rush I guess.

Does anyone know when waitlist movement typically occurs from this school?

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know when waitlist movement typically occurs from this school?
There might not be any waitlist movement for this school so sorry to be downer but in recent years they have not taken anyone from the waitlist. If there is movement it likely won't be until accepted applicants have to finalize their acceptances in April.

There might not be any waitlist movement for this school so sorry to be downer but in recent years they have not taken anyone from the waitlist. If there is movement it likely won't be until accepted applicants have to finalize their acceptances in April.

Yea there didn't seem to be any WL movement last year, but there was some in 2018

During my interview late Jan, they made it seem like the WL did get movement and that they’d let you know your spot and chances during it

Anyone here gotten an R post interview?

Anyone here gotten an R post interview?

I saw one person a little further up the thread say that they got an R post-interview, IS. Other than that, I have only seen accepted and waitlisted!

Members don't see this ad :)
Help! Does anyone know when next week’s interview day is? Is it Friday? I am supposed to interview tomorrow but have been stuck at the airport through two severely delayed flights today and will no longer make it to Madison for tomorrow. I spoke to someone from the admissions committee about possibly attending next week. The airline is willing to rebook my flight if I know which day I need to be there

Help! Does anyone know when next week’s interview day is? Is it Friday? I am supposed to interview tomorrow but have been stuck at the airport through two severely delayed flights today and will no longer make it to Madison for tomorrow. I spoke to someone from the admissions committee about possibly attending next week. The airline is willing to rebook my flight if I know which day I need to be there
Is there any chance that you could rent a car? Kinda a last ditch idea but just wanted to throw that out there.

Is there any chance that you could rent a car? Kinda a last ditch idea but just wanted to throw that out there.
Thank you, but I’m traveling from the west coast (too far the drive). I talked to the adcom today and they were really nice about letting me reschedule!

Thank you, but I’m traveling from the west coast (too far the drive). I talked to the adcom today and they were really nice about letting me reschedule!
Awesome, glad you got it worked out! Goodluck in your interview!

I was placed on the wait list yesterday after interviewing January 10th. Im OOS. does anyone know much about the wait list at Wisconsin? does it have a lot of movement or very little?

I was placed on the wait list yesterday after interviewing January 10th. Im OOS. does anyone know much about the wait list at Wisconsin? does it have a lot of movement or very little?
It varies pretty significantly year to year. A few years ago it didn't move at all, other years quite a few people have come off the WL. Hard to really judge at this point, better off making a decision once the WL rankings come out.

Waitlisted yesterday, interviewed 1/17. Still have some hope though.

I interviewed 1/31. On interview day they told us to expect 8 weeks for a response, though someone posted with with a waitlist about 5 weeks after. Perhaps those who interviewed late January will hear back sooner rather than later?

I interviewed 1/31. On interview day they told us to expect 8 weeks for a response, though someone posted with with a waitlist about 5 weeks after. Perhaps those who interviewed late January will hear back sooner rather than later?

I have a feeling it could be just luck.

I interviewed in November and heard back in November. Some absurd turn around time like <3 weeks. Someone on this thread seemed to have interviewed at the same time I had and they heard back in January. Both of us got As too...

I have a feeling it could be just luck.

I interviewed in November and heard back in November. Some absurd turn around time like <3 weeks. Someone on this thread seemed to have interviewed at the same time I had and they heard back in January. Both of us got As too...
Similar situation. Interviewed mid November, heard back in 4-5 weeks (before Xmas) and others from the same day/week weren't hearing back until late Jan and into Feb. And like the above said, some from earlier interviews than mine didn't hear back until well after me into January.

Was just rejected off of the waitlist. UWSMPH has been my dream school for a long time, so this one bites a bit. I interviewed on 9/27 and was waitlisted on 10/30. Best of luck to everyone still in the game at this amazing school.

• Sad
Reactions: 6 users
Was just rejected off of the waitlist. UWSMPH has been my dream school for a long time, so this one bites a bit. I interviewed on 9/27 and was waitlisted on 10/30. Best of luck to everyone still in the game at this amazing school.
I was under the impression that they didn't really review the WL until around April when they send out the ranking list. Is that not the case? Do they review the WL continuously?

I was under the impression that they didn't really review the WL until around April when they send out the ranking list. Is that not the case? Do they review the WL continuously?
Apparently so. The email stated that they were "taking stock" of their alternate list and the number of accepted applicants since they had over 5,000 applicants. So they must've had a lot of people already accept their seats in the 2020 class.

Oops, spoke too soon - I was also just rejected off of the WL. No love from the alma mater, it seems!

• Sad
Does this mean they are reducing the number of acceptances they will give out from this point forward?

Does this mean they are reducing the number of acceptances they will give out from this point forward?
I heard through an advisor from UW that last year they overextended on the number acceptances. This could potentially be why there were 0 people accepted off of the WL during last cycle.

just speculating at this point but they may be more judicious with the number of admissions offers handed out this cycle. So you could very well be correct

Has anyone successfully negotiated financial aid/scholarships? Or is it too early to do that?

Has anyone from 02/07 heard back yet? This is the 5th week and my anxiety is slowly climbing lol.

Has anyone from 02/07 heard back yet? This is the 5th week and my anxiety is slowly climbing lol.
I’m 1/31 and no news, haven’t heard anyone from that date gets news either.

Oof. I guess it looks like it’s going to be awhile yet.
I go to madison and next week is spring break. Does anyone know if they reply during break if the reviewing process was done before it?

I’m 1/31 and no news, haven’t heard anyone from that date gets news either.

They mentioned to wait about 8 weeks before inquiring about our status, though that’s about a week before second look so idk if they’ll send news earlier.

They mentioned to wait about 8 weeks before inquiring about our status, though that’s about a week before second look so idk if they’ll send news earlier.
Yeah I assumed 8 weeks was the maximum time frame so that they could have some leeway with replies. The admissions office told me before I left that they would really push the faculty if it got bad.