-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2019-2020 Wisconsin
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Yeah they said that 8 weeks was the max and if you haven't heard by then, only then should you call.Yeah I assumed 8 weeks was the maximum time frame so that they could have some leeway with replies. The admissions office told me before I left that they would really push the faculty if it got bad.
Has anyone heard whether there is a chance Second Look might be cancelled? I'm contemplating buying a plane ticket.
Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My question was answered on the Facebook group, it's cancelled.Has anyone heard whether there is a chance Second Look might be cancelled? I'm contemplating buying a plane ticket.
Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
My gap year job just eliminated incentive-based pay, so some good news would be REALLY welcome.
I just got the R. Interviewed 1/31. What a bummer. I really loved this school on my interview day.
Were you IS or OOS? I’m sorry to hear thatI just got the R. Interviewed 1/31. What a bummer. I really loved this school on my interview day.
Were you IS or OOS? I’m sorry to hear that
OOS
Asteroideyes
Full Member
Got the acceptance call this morning! I am so excited and in disbelief. I am really going to be a doctor! (Interview 2/21)
Asteroideyes
Full Member
Could you please share the link to the Facebook group?My question was answered on the Facebook group, it's cancelled.
Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
tehe123tehe456
Full Member
when did they say that the WL rank list is going to come out?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Sometime in Aprilwhen did they say that the WL rank list is going to come out?
unableavocado919
New Member
Does anyone know how many people UW typically put on their waitlist?
Could you please share the link to the Facebook group?
Sure! Congrats on the acceptance.
So that was off the waitlist?Got the acceptance call this morning! I am so excited and in disbelief. I am really going to be a doctor! (Interview 2/21)
IS/OOS?Got WL. Interviewed 2/07. Does anyone know if they really do take people off of the WL?
I’m ISIS/OOS?
Asteroideyes
Full Member
No I wasn’t on the waitlistSo that was off the waitlist?
Cultivating_Brainz
Full Member
Anybody get their financial aid yet?
I wish. :/Anybody get their financial aid yet?
Hey guys!
Does anyone know/have suggestions for housing near the school?
Does anyone know/have suggestions for housing near the school?
Last edited:
Is anyone else's financial aid package... confusing? Hesitant to share details on here, just wondering if anyone else is in the same boat.
Cultivating_Brainz
Full Member
Is anyone else's financial aid package... confusing? Hesitant to share details on here, just wondering if anyone else is in the same boat.
damn you got yours? did it come in the mail?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Email. But like... it wasn’t helpful info. Ugh. Hope yours comes soon! The waiting game for full info from schools is rough.damn you got yours? did it come in the mail?
I got waitlisted early January but then got the acceptance call 2 weeks later so there is hope!Got WL. Interviewed 2/07. Does anyone know if they really do take people off of the WL?
Cultivating_Brainz
Full Member
Email. But like... it wasn’t helpful info. Ugh. Hope yours comes soon! The waiting game for full info from schools is rough.
Thanks for the response. I’ll wait and see for a week. I’ll send them an email if I don’t get it.
I submitted my FAFSA in March and the website didn’t say I needed to submit anything else...
Never mind. UW doesn't include grad plus loans on the financial aid awards since you need to apply to cover the rest of the COA with grad plus. The way they sent out the initial award was confusing since it only included the max amount of fed unsub loan you can borrow annually as a med student, suggesting that they weren't even offering enough loans to cover COA. That is not the case.Is anyone else's financial aid package... confusing? Hesitant to share details on here, just wondering if anyone else is in the same boat.
Friday by email. As long as you submitted FAFSA 2+ weeks ago, Emma Crawford who handles med school loans said you should have received that email. I would get in touch w her if you have more questions!How/when did you receive financial aid info?
Just got an email that I’m no longer in consideration (waitlisted 6 weeks ish ago)
+1
Waitlisted in November, OOS
Would you please share the secondary essay prompts?Secondary Received! Prompts are the same as last year. IS cannot submit until August.
Thank you!
crepuscular.ray
Full Member
Just got my ranking, IS. Does anyone know how many they usually pull, or if there's an just one waitlist (some schools separate IS/OS)?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is there a good chance for an offer if you are in the single digits on the OOS list?
On a similar note, does anyone know how many people are on the OOS list?
just got my waitlist rank. I applied IS but I don't think they separated this year (IS/OOS).
Does anyone know how many they have waitlisted/ where to find waitlist information? The email says they have pulled up to 30 off the waitlist so I'm assuming they only have one.
Does anyone know how many they have waitlisted/ where to find waitlist information? The email says they have pulled up to 30 off the waitlist so I'm assuming they only have one.
just got my waitlist rank. I applied IS but I don't think they separated this year (IS/OOS).
Does anyone know how many they have waitlisted/ where to find waitlist information? The email says they have pulled up to 30 off the waitlist so I'm assuming they only have one.
I didn’t see anything about “up to 30 people” getting pulled off the waitlist in the email I got as an OOS, so perhaps there are two different waitlists.
In the email with the rankings, they say, "In the past five years we have offered a place in the class to as many as 30 alternates and as few as zero. Each year is unique in the final formation of our incoming class."Just got my ranking, IS. Does anyone know how many they usually pull, or if there's an just one waitlist (some schools separate IS/OS)?
I think they made a mistake, though. I'm not #1????????
Similar threads
- Replies
- 722
- Views
- 237K