2019-2020 Wisconsin

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
1/24 here and I've heard nothing. Approaching the 7 week mark for us.

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah I assumed 8 weeks was the maximum time frame so that they could have some leeway with replies. The admissions office told me before I left that they would really push the faculty if it got bad.
Yeah they said that 8 weeks was the max and if you haven't heard by then, only then should you call.

Has anyone heard whether there is a chance Second Look might be cancelled? I'm contemplating buying a plane ticket.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone heard whether there is a chance Second Look might be cancelled? I'm contemplating buying a plane ticket.

My question was answered on the Facebook group, it's cancelled.

My gap year job just eliminated incentive-based pay, so some good news would be REALLY welcome.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Yeah i’m getting pretty nervous too haha

Reactions: 1 user
I just got the R. Interviewed 1/31. What a bummer. I really loved this school on my interview day.

• Sad
So all non-essential employees will not be allowed on campus. I just got the notifications....so would I be able to call the admissions office to just see if this means a delay in the process? I’m only on the sixth week.

update: I called them and they were still reviewing materials. I should hear back end of next week or early the following week. Interviewed 02/07

Got the acceptance call this morning! I am so excited and in disbelief. I am really going to be a doctor! (Interview 2/21)

Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Got WL. Interviewed 2/07. Does anyone know if they really do take people off of the WL?

I got the acceptance call yesterday!!!! Interviewed in January!!! OOS!!! (no email yet)

Hey guys!
Does anyone know/have suggestions for housing near the school?

Last edited:
Has anyone/is anyone considering withdrawing their UW acceptance for another school?

Is anyone else's financial aid package... confusing? Hesitant to share details on here, just wondering if anyone else is in the same boat.

Got WL. Interviewed 2/07. Does anyone know if they really do take people off of the WL?
I got waitlisted early January but then got the acceptance call 2 weeks later so there is hope!

Email. But like... it wasn’t helpful info. Ugh. Hope yours comes soon! The waiting game for full info from schools is rough.

Thanks for the response. I’ll wait and see for a week. I’ll send them an email if I don’t get it.

I submitted my FAFSA in March and the website didn’t say I needed to submit anything else...

Anyone know when the ranked waitlist comes out? Thanks!

Reactions: 4 users
They said late April in the email, so I’m hoping sometime next week.

Is anyone else's financial aid package... confusing? Hesitant to share details on here, just wondering if anyone else is in the same boat.
Never mind. UW doesn't include grad plus loans on the financial aid awards since you need to apply to cover the rest of the COA with grad plus. The way they sent out the initial award was confusing since it only included the max amount of fed unsub loan you can borrow annually as a med student, suggesting that they weren't even offering enough loans to cover COA. That is not the case.

Just got an email that I’m no longer in consideration (waitlisted 6 weeks ish ago)

I just called admissions and they’re hoping to have the ranked waitlist on Monday

Reactions: 5 users
Waitlist rankings have been sent out

Just got my ranking, IS. Does anyone know how many they usually pull, or if there's an just one waitlist (some schools separate IS/OS)?

I think that there's a separate waitlist for IS and OOS. I'm also IS

Yes, I just got my waitlist position as well, OOS.

Is there a good chance for an offer if you are in the single digits on the OOS list?

just got my waitlist rank. I applied IS but I don't think they separated this year (IS/OOS).

Does anyone know how many they have waitlisted/ where to find waitlist information? The email says they have pulled up to 30 off the waitlist so I'm assuming they only have one.

just got my waitlist rank. I applied IS but I don't think they separated this year (IS/OOS).

Does anyone know how many they have waitlisted/ where to find waitlist information? The email says they have pulled up to 30 off the waitlist so I'm assuming they only have one.

I didn’t see anything about “up to 30 people” getting pulled off the waitlist in the email I got as an OOS, so perhaps there are two different waitlists.

Just got my ranking, IS. Does anyone know how many they usually pull, or if there's an just one waitlist (some schools separate IS/OS)?
In the email with the rankings, they say, "In the past five years we have offered a place in the class to as many as 30 alternates and as few as zero. Each year is unique in the final formation of our incoming class."

I think they made a mistake, though. I'm not #1????????

Reactions: 2 users