2019-2020 Wisconsin

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Pre-II rejection. OOS, complete 7/16. LM ~70 and WARS ~70. RIP bois, this one hurt

Members don't see this ad.

II on 8/27. Secondary completed 7/31. Interview scheduled for 9/20. OOS with very strong state ties. URM. Reapplicant. WARS & LizzyM <70. Super excited! My top choice school!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Got an email rejecting me...and then a follow up email apologizing and stating my application was moving forward to the Non-Resident Admissions Committee. With any luck, I’ll nab not one, but two whole rejections from this terrific school

Reactions: 12 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Got an email rejecting me...and then a follow up email apologizing and stating my application was moving forward to the Non-Resident Admissions Committee. With any luck, I’ll nab not one, but two whole rejections from this terrific school
You’ve dodged the bullet :). Maybe the next one will be an II;)

You’ve dodged the bullet :). Maybe the next one will be an II;)
Given the OOS status, my expectations are low, but after seeing my app come back from the dead I now believe miracles can happen

Reactions: 2 users
II received today! Complete 7/24. OOS

Reactions: 1 users
Nice. I'm OOS as well hoping to hear back soon. Completed 8/14 roughly same LM

They should get back to you
This month! Took me over a month to hear back from them

II as of yesterday! Looks like I might be one of the first IS

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
CONGRATS! Would you mind sharing your stats and complete date?

IS people couldn't submit the secondary until August 17th just as an FYI to keep that in mind for complete dates

CONGRATS! Would you mind sharing your stats and complete date?

As someone said above, I was complete on 8/17 which was the first day IS could submit. LM = 68, WARS ~ 70. I also graduated from UW, so that probably helps. That also means that I can answer any questions anyone might have about the school or Madison itself!

Would it be worth it to apply here even though I'm OOS my grandfather went to residency here and said it was a great program.

Would it be worth it to apply here even though I'm OOS my grandfather went to residency here and said it was a great program.
It's not about if your grandpa likes it, it's about whether you like the school. Since Wisco leans heavy IS and to those with ties, you should only apply if you think you can demonstrate a genuine interest for the school and the state of Wisconsin in general.

If you like the program and you have legitimate reasons as to why you can see yourself there, make sure you include that in your essays. Then, definitely mention your grandfather! That's a pretty good tie!

If you like the program and you have legitimate reasons as to why you can see yourself there, make sure you include that in your essays. Then, definitely mention your grandfather! That's a pretty good tie!
I looked at the curriculum and found it pretty interesting, it's different from many "traditional" schools. So that was nice. Honestly it's not the essays that are the issue for me it's just my MCAT isn't the best. And I just wondered on the secondary if they asked for ties explicitly or if in an essay I had to write it in.

And I just wondered on the secondary if they asked for ties explicitly or if in an essay I had to write it in.

There is an optional, very free-form secondary question for any additional information which includes this suggestion: "If you are not a resident of Wisconsin, you may want to tell us why you are interested in the University of Wisconsin or about a special connection that you may have to our state or people who live here."

There is an optional, very free-form secondary question for any additional information which includes this suggestion: "If you are not a resident of Wisconsin, you may want to tell us why you are interested in the University of Wisconsin or about a special connection that you may have to our state or people who live here."
Thanks

any news on the MSTP side of things?

Reactions: 1 users
Any WARM applicants hear anything back yet?

Hey everyone! For people who got interviews did you get assigned a date or did you chose one? I showed interest in the TRIUMPH program and was assigned a date and I'm not sure if this had anything to do with it..

Hey everyone! For people who got interviews did you get assigned a date or did you chose one? I showed interest in the TRIUMPH program and was assigned a date and I'm not sure if this had anything to do with it..
Assigned!

I was assigned a date!

Just got an II and was assigned!

II yesterday afternoon!! LM 72, OOS with strong ties to Wisconsin...First one of the cycle, and I'm so excited!!!

II for 9/27! IS and I'm actually from Madison so kind of my dream school to come back home! LM 72

MSTP Rejected 9/23 OOS. Good luck everyone!

Last edited:
Has any IS applicants been rejected yet?

Anyone had to reschedule their interview? What was that process like? Definitely VERY interested but the interview date they gave me is basically impossible.