You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2019-2020 Wisconsin
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Got an email rejecting me...and then a follow up email apologizing and stating my application was moving forward to the Non-Resident Admissions Committee. With any luck, I’ll nab not one, but two whole rejections from this terrific school
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
GloballyMed
Full Member
You’ve dodged the bullet 🙂. Maybe the next one will be an II😉Got an email rejecting me...and then a follow up email apologizing and stating my application was moving forward to the Non-Resident Admissions Committee. With any luck, I’ll nab not one, but two whole rejections from this terrific school
Given the OOS status, my expectations are low, but after seeing my app come back from the dead I now believe miracles can happenYou’ve dodged the bullet 🙂. Maybe the next one will be an II😉
II received today! Complete 7/24.
Congrats! IS or OOS?
Congrats! IS or OOS?
OOS
Nice. I'm OOS as well hoping to hear back soon. Completed 8/14 roughly same LM
Nice. I'm OOS as well hoping to hear back soon. Completed 8/14 roughly same LM
They should get back to you
This month! Took me over a month to hear back from them
Congrats! Just curious, any ties to state?
None
II as of yesterday! Looks like I might be one of the first IS
CONGRATS! Would you mind sharing your stats and complete date?II as of yesterday! Looks like I might be one of the first IS
CONGRATS! Would you mind sharing your stats and complete date?
IS people couldn't submit the secondary until August 17th just as an FYI to keep that in mind for complete dates
ErrythingBlack
Full Member
II today 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
CONGRATS! Would you mind sharing your stats and complete date?
As someone said above, I was complete on 8/17 which was the first day IS could submit. LM = 68, WARS ~ 70. I also graduated from UW, so that probably helps. That also means that I can answer any questions anyone might have about the school or Madison itself!
R 🙂 Basically said because I was OOS
GloballyMed
Full Member
When were you complete?R 🙂 Basically said because I was OOS
+1 complete end of JulyR 🙂 Basically said because I was OOS
R 🙂 Basically said because I was OOS
+2, complete 07/10. Used to live in Madison so the message they sent kinda stings 😛
jingoisticjello
Full Member
Submitted 55 days ago, wya Wisco...
It's not about if your grandpa likes it, it's about whether you like the school. Since Wisco leans heavy IS and to those with ties, you should only apply if you think you can demonstrate a genuine interest for the school and the state of Wisconsin in general.Would it be worth it to apply here even though I'm OOS my grandfather went to residency here and said it was a great program.
If you like the program and you have legitimate reasons as to why you can see yourself there, make sure you include that in your essays. Then, definitely mention your grandfather! That's a pretty good tie!Would it be worth it to apply here even though I'm OOS my grandfather went to residency here and said it was a great program.
I looked at the curriculum and found it pretty interesting, it's different from many "traditional" schools. So that was nice. Honestly it's not the essays that are the issue for me it's just my MCAT isn't the best. And I just wondered on the secondary if they asked for ties explicitly or if in an essay I had to write it in.If you like the program and you have legitimate reasons as to why you can see yourself there, make sure you include that in your essays. Then, definitely mention your grandfather! That's a pretty good tie!
And I just wondered on the secondary if they asked for ties explicitly or if in an essay I had to write it in.
There is an optional, very free-form secondary question for any additional information which includes this suggestion: "If you are not a resident of Wisconsin, you may want to tell us why you are interested in the University of Wisconsin or about a special connection that you may have to our state or people who live here."
ThanksThere is an optional, very free-form secondary question for any additional information which includes this suggestion: "If you are not a resident of Wisconsin, you may want to tell us why you are interested in the University of Wisconsin or about a special connection that you may have to our state or people who live here."
dragonflyyy13
New Member
II invite just now for Oct 21st 🙂 IS reapplicant, LM = 70
any news on the MSTP side of things?
Congrats! When was ur app finished? Trying to get a timeline estimate here!II invite just now for Oct 21st 🙂 IS reapplicant, LM = 70
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
II today! OOS. Barely any interview dates left it seems like.
What dates are available?II today! OOS. Barely any interview dates left it seems like.
What was your MCAT?Pre-II rejection. OOS, complete 7/16. LM ~70 and WARS ~70. RIP bois, this one hurt
nopeAny WARM applicants hear anything back yet?
ErrythingBlack
Full Member
Hey everyone! For people who got interviews did you get assigned a date or did you chose one? I showed interest in the TRIUMPH program and was assigned a date and I'm not sure if this had anything to do with it..
Assigned!Hey everyone! For people who got interviews did you get assigned a date or did you chose one? I showed interest in the TRIUMPH program and was assigned a date and I'm not sure if this had anything to do with it..
usernames are dumb
New Member
Nothing yetAny WARM applicants hear anything back yet?
What was your MCAT?
512
NopeAny WARM applicants hear anything back yet?
Hey everyone! For people who got interviews did you get assigned a date or did you chose one? I showed interest in the TRIUMPH program and was assigned a date and I'm not sure if this had anything to do with it..
I was assigned a date!
Just got an II and was assigned!Hey everyone! For people who got interviews did you get assigned a date or did you chose one? I showed interest in the TRIUMPH program and was assigned a date and I'm not sure if this had anything to do with it..
kines12345
New Member
II yesterday afternoon!! LM 72, OOS with strong ties to Wisconsin...First one of the cycle, and I'm so excited!!!
kines12345
New Member
7/12@kines12345, @kcass submission date?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I applied the first day possible for in-state residents: August 17th.@kines12345, @kcass submission date?
MSTP Rejected 9/23 OOS. Good luck everyone!
Last edited:
Has any IS applicants been rejected yet?
Nothing here, silence since 8/17. FWIW, I'm a re-applicant and was rejected pre-II in early September in a previous cycle.
Last edited:
Similar threads
- Replies
- 722
- Views
- 237K