2019-2020 Wisconsin

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I got a call this morning from a faculty member at the med school. My phone immediately dropped it for some odd reason. I didn't recognize the number at first so I did a reverse lookup and confirmed it was a faculty member.

I called back and left a voicemail. Haven't heard back for a few hours now. Going crazy!! Internally freaking out at work.

Edit: should I call admissions or just wait and see if they call back?

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
ACCEPTED!!!! AHHHHHHHHH!!! I'm dreaming!!!!

Sent from my SM-G955U using SDN mobile

Reactions: 9 users
OMG FIRST ACCEPTANCE!!! With a scholarship literally cried on the phone.

Reactions: 7 users
Congrats to everyone who got accepted!! I assume that means for the rest of us that interviewed 9/20 there will be a waitlist/rejection email in the near future. Congrats again to those who got in though!

Congrats to everyone who got accepted!! I assume that means for the rest of us that interviewed 9/20 there will be a waitlist/rejection email in the near future. Congrats again to those who got in though!
They mentioned at the interview not to assume that everyone from the same interview date will receive decisions at the same time, so you can keep your hopes up!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Just got the R. As an OOS applicant I'm not surprised but I would've loved the chance to interview. Congrats to everyone getting accepted this week!

Accepted!!! Interviewed on 10/4, congratulations to everyone!!!

Reactions: 10 users
Members don't see this ad :)
ACCEPTED!!!
I can’t wait to meet you all next year!

Reactions: 8 users
II received this morning! OOS (from Michigan), LM >70, submitted 8/9. Surprised by this one but I love the culture at UW and can't wait to see it in person. Anybody here interviewing on 11/1 going to the informal social gathering the night before?
Fellow OOS here! I'm interviewing on 11/1 too and will be at the informal sx gathering the night before!

I know the UW does not take any updates but does anyone know if there is a way to send in an extra letter of recommendation? I happened to get a honorary doc from the school to write me a letter and I am wondering if i can get that in somehow?

I know the UW does not take any updates but does anyone know if there is a way to send in an extra letter of recommendation? I happened to get a honorary doc from the school to write me a letter and I am wondering if i can get that in somehow?
Like you said, they don’t take any updates so I doubt they accept a new LOR. Also, I don’t think a new LOR would in any way make you a more appealing candidate than you already are, if you are thinking that this might help you garner an II. I would suggest you to wait and update them at the interview.

Congrats to those who have been accepted! Do you guys remember what they said the next steps are? My excitement during the phone call distracted me from asking about what we do next!

Reactions: 1 user
Congrats to those who have been accepted! Do you guys remember what they said the next steps are? My excitement during the phone call distracted me from asking about what we do next!
They said they plan to send out an email in the next few weeks containing more information. Last year my friend was accepted and got the official email like 10 days later.

Congrats to everyone that's been accepted! If you don't mind sharing, were those accepted applying to the WARM program? I know the timeline for acceptance is a little different than for regular MD

I just got rejected from these guys AGAIN! They sent me one about a month ago and a rejection reminder today

• Wow
  • Sad
I just got rejected from these guys AGAIN! They sent me one about a month ago and a rejection reminder today
Damn, they’re brutal lol. Sorry to hear that.

Last edited:
Anyone else OOS and complete early august (08/03 for me) but heard nothing? I'm way into their program and have family in Madison so I'm hoping to get some kind of news soon!

Anyone else OOS and complete early august (08/03 for me) but heard nothing? I'm way into their program and have family in Madison so I'm hoping to get some kind of news soon!
Also OOS and still haven’t heard anything. Complete a few days after you. Really hoping to interview here as well considering it’s one of my top choices. I believe we still have a shot here since they do not hesitate from rejecting people pre-II. Maybe we will hear back later this month? Lol

Oos with strong ties to the state and university, complete 7/28 and silence.

II today! OOS, LM 68.5, secondary complete 9/28

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
R just now, OOS and forgot to finish a sentence on my secondary so kind of expected haha

• Haha
  • Sad
II for WARM this morning, complete 9/9, interview for 11/8. Good luck to those still waiting in silence! Hoping for good news for all of you!

Out of curiosity, have any IS applicants been rejected yet? Complete 8/19 and still waiting here in complete silence.

Out of curiosity, have any IS applicants been rejected yet? Complete 8/19 and still waiting here in complete silence.
Waiting here as well! I finished in 8/30 tho. Since someone here for an II and they finished 9/28 I m assuming they are picking lottos instead of going by submissions dates lol

Oos with strong ties to the state and university, complete 7/28 and silence.
I can one up ya'll, submitted 7/19 or 7/20 (i forget) and still total silence. Buddy of mine submitted it a few days the application opened, a week or so before me, and hasn't heard anything. Guess it's better than R's haha. Both OOS.

Rejected pre-II, OOS. Guess my dad spending his entire academic life (including earning a PhD) was not enough to outweigh the IS bias.

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users
piping hot R straight out of the oven; pre II + OOS, mid july

Rejected pre-II, complete early August. Not too surprised honestly