2020-2021 California Health Sciences University College of Osteopathic Medicine (CHSU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
just got the call. accepted! interview 2/8. 4 day turn around 🙌🏻

first acceptance. really grateful

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Anyone know when they’ll be ending interviews for this cycle?

Reactions: 1 users
So is no news today a bad sign if some people got the A from my session?

Has anyone gotten flat our R'ed after interview? I suppose if you did- you probs arent following this thread anymore but if you are lingering let us know

Reactions: 1 user
Just got the WL email.

Interviewed 2/8. 506/3.6/OOS.

Hope to see some movement on the list soon...

Reactions: 3 users
Any current OMS1s lurking on this thread? I'm pretty interested in this school and I'd like to hear some opinions on about CHSU-COM from anyone who's willing to share :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone get rejected post interview and still floating here? And if you withdraw from this school, let us know! Thanks

Received II today! Scheduled interview for 3/8.

Any current OMS1s lurking on this thread? I'm pretty interested in this school and I'd like to hear some opinions on about CHSU-COM from anyone who's willing to share :)
Feel free to message me!

Right they have large classrooms tho and they all wear masks
First-year here! We actually have not been in person at all until recently, and we are only in person for labs (twice per week). The school takes COVID pretty seriously, so we have been adjusting how much in-person time we have based on community numbers and guidelines. We went online for everything but labs in the fall and haven't been fully in person since, with a stint in the middle where even labs were virtual. Thankfully now that most of us are fully vaccinated, we are hoping to be able to transition back to in-person soon but TBD.

Can any current students speak to how many in-person classes are mandatory? Or are there lots of streaming/virtual options? My wife just interviewed at Stanford and Pali Alto for grad school which is 3 hours away from Fresno. I’ve been accepted to CHSU already and am worried about how we are going to make this situation work. If most of the classes were virtual, then I could commute any other days, but I was hoping for some current student input!
Hi friend, a current student here! So right now pretty much everything is virtual due to covid, but in general, everything is mandatory in-person. This includes our core block classes, medical Spanish, our integrated learning sessions, clinical integration sessions, developing physician course, OPP course, and I believe nutrition is mandatory in-person as well, but we didn't get the chance to do one before COVID made it virtual:(. There are streaming options, but before moving online the "zooming in to class" option was really just reserved for students who are sick or are otherwise unable to be present (funeral, excused absence etc.) Everything we do is very interactive, so being together is important to maintain a fully collaborative group environment etc. Normally, (without the complication of COVID restrictions) the only times we aren't required to be on campus is during our free time and for our "DSA's" (I think this stands for designated self-study assignment?).

Got the A call today! Interviewed 2/22! BEYOND excited! :love:

Last edited:
Interviewing here next week, any tips on what to expect/how to prepare?

I think someone else also said something similar but for those of you on waitlist, don't lose hope. the class isn't even close to being full yet so expect to have a quite bit of waitlist movement.

Whenever they send out those confirming interest waitlist emails, my neurotic a** has to triple check to make sure I clicked "yes" and not "no; remove me from waitlist". 😤

Reactions: 2 users
Whenever they send out those confirming interest waitlist emails, my neurotic a** has to triple check to make sure I clicked "yes" and not "no; remove me from waitlist". 😤
Me too! Loll. I even screenshot it as proof with a time stamp in case something happens

So apparently interviews will continue until the middle of May for this school. RIP WL folks, including myself 😭

• Sad
Damn what a sick joke, I get the confirming waitlist email and a voicemail from a 559 area code number in the same morning. Ended up being a scam call. 😔

• Care
II just now! Scheduled for 3/15. Other date I saw was 3/29. I’m so excited!!

Any current students I can PM? I have a few questions about the school and the program.

To those that interviewed, how was it? There’s zero responses on the interview feedback page lol 😆

• Haha
To those that interviewed, how was it? There’s zero responses on the interview feedback page lol 😆
Its really straightforward just go over your experiences and what interests you about CHSU. I believe someone also posted some sample qs on the last page I think. But overall its very chill and relaxed

• Love
Just withdrew my II for 4/5. Hope it goes to one of you! Good luck :)