2020-2021 Campbell University School of Osteopathic Medicine (CUSOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I interviewed that week as well and haven’t heard back yet. I’m sure it will be soon. 🤞🏼 Good luck!
WE GOT THIS! Good luck to you as well!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed 12/14 and ditto. Looks like they filled their class

edit:
Are we supposed to respond that we are accepting the WL spot?
Waitlisted as well and I absolutely will be sending an interest letter as this was my only interview thus far. The email appeared to invite us to do so.

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Did you interview that week too? (12/14). Someone mentioned earlier that last year they mass waitlisted December. I assume what’s happening now is just cause of their normal process filling the class
Yup I interviewed 12/14!

Uh so this is really weird but I just got an acceptance email?
Edit: I just got WL at like 2pm

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users
Uh so this is really weird but I just got an acceptance email?
Edit: I just got WL at like 2pm
Well somebody’s gotta say congratulations!! So congrats!! That’s awesome! Hats off to you doc🥳

• Love
Members don't see this ad :)
I got an II yesterday and I'm so excited! Are there any specific questions the interviewers asked or any advice anyone who has already interviewed can give? Thanks!!

I got an II yesterday and I'm so excited! Are there any specific questions the interviewers asked or any advice anyone who has already interviewed can give? Thanks!!
I'd check out the interview feedback page for this school as well as browse this thread. Lots of advice has been given that is useful :)

YouTube Medical school interview. There are lots videos of people and admission committees doing mock interviews and how-tos for answering common questions. I played them on the background when I’m doing chores/etc.

for those who have already interviewed, how long did the interview last? was it the whole hour?

for those who have already interviewed, how long did the interview last? was it the whole hour?
It was two 30 minute sessions of one on one. My first went the whole time and we got cut off exchanging pleasantries at the end but my second ended like five minutes early.

Do you think most people who interviewed around the same time we did got waitlisted?
hard to say. @anotheranonymous interviewed after me and was accepted so I'm sure others in this timeframe were accepted and others waitlisted based on however they score or rank. Have you not heard back yet?

hard to say. @anotheranonymous interviewed after me and was accepted so I'm sure others in this timeframe were accepted and others waitlisted based on however they score or rank. Have you not heard back yet?
Does this mean that people can be accepted instead of waitlisted? I thought waitlists only happened when they filled a class.

Does this mean that people can be accepted instead of waitlisted? I thought waitlists only happened when they filled a class.
It seems like that was campbells strategy last year, but any time spots open they can chose to pull from the WL or accept a new candidate so I think it’s pretty up in the air. I think some schools try to leave spots open for later in the cycle but I don’t know

I honestly don't know. I would imagine that in our case, it was either that we were all discussed the same day even though we had different interview days, and some got As and some got WLs, or that he/she was pulled off the waitlist in the meantime once they had a vacancy after making decisions. My WL email noted that the class was full, however our interviews could have been around the time that they were just filling up the class and people had to be be WL'd due to space.

I honestly don't know. I would imagine that in our case, it was either that we were all discussed the same day even though we had different interview days, and some got As and some got WLs, or that he/she was pulled off the waitlist in the meantime once they had a vacancy after making decisions. My WL email noted that the class was full, however our interviews could have been around the time that they were just filling up the class and people had to be be WL'd due to space.
Yea I’m very confused (yet happy and appreciative) about being waitlisted for only two hours. It was either a glitch or they received some people declining acceptances and started to pull from the WL. Either way I think a couple others made it to the groupme around when we were hearing back so I assume they accepted some and WL the other candidates they liked. Hold out hope! I’m sure there will be a lot of WL movement!

Yea I’m very confused (yet happy and appreciative) about being waitlisted for only two hours. It was either a glitch or they received some people declining acceptances and started to pull from the WL. Either way I think a couple others made it to the groupme around when we were hearing back so I assume they accepted some and WL the other candidates they liked. Hold out hope! I’m sure there will be a lot of WL movement!
Yeah had to have been something like that! There's still lots of time for WL movement so definitely still trying to be positive and manifest it!

I got waitlisted the month after I interviewed, so 1/17. It's kind of a bummer but also I can't complain since it wasn't a rejection and it's an honor to be considered. I sent a letter of intent and it's been crickets. I do know they keep a few seats open for the students in the Master's program, so I'm sure things will start to move around in a few months. Rooting for everyone, I know this process isn't easy for anyone.

• Care
I got waitlisted the month after I interviewed, so 1/17. It's kind of a bummer but also I can't complain since it wasn't a rejection and it's an honor to be considered. I sent a letter of intent and it's been crickets. I do know they keep a few seats open for the students in the Master's program, so I'm sure things will start to move around in a few months. Rooting for everyone, I know this process isn't easy for anyone.
Yeah, same, I'm grateful to not have been outright rejected. I sent a letter as well stating that I wanted to be kept on the WL and didn't get a reply either. Good luck :)

Not sure when early January interviews will hear back, but they did say ~6 weeks.

Yeah, same, I'm grateful to not have been outright rejected. I sent a letter as well stating that I wanted to be kept on the WL and didn't get a reply either. Good luck :)
Hang tight - there will be movement....

Keep positive guys! I know how disappointing it feels at first, but they definitely still liked you as applicants! The class is probably full but there will be a lot of movement as more schools start to give decisions!

Reactions: 2 users
Accepted today! Interviewed last Wednesday

Reactions: 3 users
Congrats to those waitlisted! I’m sure you all will get accepted as people begin to decide on schools or choose not to make the deposits. It’s great that the school is letting people know their results already after only 1 week. Less time to stress over hearing back from them.

If there's anything I've learned in all these years of suffering and pre-med, it's to have patience. We'll get there eventually. A waitlisted is almost like a delayed acceptance. We all got this!

If there's anything I've learned in all these years of suffering and pre-med, it's to have patience. We'll get there eventually. A waitlisted is almost like a delayed acceptance. We all got this!
This is true, there’s going to be A LOT of movement in the next few months as other schools finish their interviews and start offering more acceptances. It’s a domino effect.

I submitted secondaries several days ago. Do you guys think it’s too late to still get an interview??? Stats are avg

Hi - Yes, they still have interviews open. When I got my interview notice, they were scheduling interviews all the way out to early April.