2020-2021 Case Western Reserve

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Lmao I've asked about the significance of these zoom calls since October, but I don't think we will ever truly find out what they mean.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed 11/16. No Email

What time did you guys get your email? & the meeting tomorrow is at 11am correct?

Anyone interview 11/9 and get an email? Sorry my neurotic premed self is coming out but I am just freaking out this is probably an alt list :/

same. I hate how this email conspiracy has proved true over the past decision dates. I'm about to lose full at work
i thought in the past the people who received the email ended up being accepted?

Reactions: 1 user
There were people who were in an alt list zoom meeting, so this has not been true for everyone.

Hopefully, we can get more data points tomorrow so we can figure it out.

There were people who were in an alt list zoom meeting, so this has not been true for everyone.

Hopefully, we can get more data points tomorrow so we can figure it out.
does anyone know if people have been accepted without the zoom link invite?

does anyone know if people have been accepted without the zoom link invite?
I'm telling you it's a mystery. This happened last month and in October too. Everyone pops into the thread saying they got the email, and then like 90% of them dip and don't say anything else after that.
My Christmas break starts tomorrow, and I'm bored, so I'm thinking about PMing everyone who has said they received the email invite to the zoom meeting and pestering them until they reply on what goes down in those meetings.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 18 users
I'm telling you it's a mystery. This happened last month and in October too. Everyone pops into the thread saying they got the email, and then like 90% of them dip and don't say anything else after that.
My Christmas break starts tomorrow, and I'm bored, so I'm thinking about PMing everyone who has said they received the email invite to the zoom meeting and pestering them until they reply on what goes down in those meetings.
legend

Reactions: 1 users
Based on what happened last month I think zoom meeting means acceptance :/ really disappointed since Case is my top choice

Based on what happened last month I think zoom meeting means acceptance :/ really disappointed since Case is my top choice
It's like watching all of your friends get invited to a party, and you're just sitting there pretending not to notice you didn't get invited.
Then when you see your friends again later they are all quiet and aloof around you. It's like they joined a cult or something at that party. You hardly even know them anymore, but deep down you really want to join the cult too so that you can be cool like your friends. You just want to be in the room where it happens. You yearn to belong.

The only exception here is that it's not a party, it's our future careers. Also, it's not a cult, but a pretty dope med school. Regardless, the feelings are the same; we just want to belong.

We should start an alt list thread so we can commiserate with each other over our misfortunes.

Reactions: 20 users
Do we think no email means an email tomorrow morning for the waitlist zoom meeting?

Just to add a data point - I was invited to a zoom meeting on October 14th and was accepted on October 15th.

Reactions: 2 users
Seems like we're due for another Pre-II R wave?

• Sad
Did not receive an email yesterday. Just received the WL email. Heartbroken, Case was my #1

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
+1, any idea what WL movement looks like for this school? can't imagine the odds are great since it seems like everyone post-interview is WLed
iApply WL status says that there usually isn't much movement on the WL until after May 1st. It also says they are unable to predict the kind of movement they will see, and that the WL is not ranked by priority. We just have to wait and see :/

The people in the zoom calls must be told not to post about their acceptance or comment on the calls. It's too bizarre for this to happen every time coincidentally.

Reactions: 4 users
The people in the zoom calls must be told not to post about their acceptance or comment on the calls. It's too bizarre for this to happen every time coincidentally.
Which in of itself is pretty telling of what it means

Reactions: 2 users
Accepted! Couldn't make the zoom call because I was at a funeral so I don't know what went on. What a bittersweet day. I'm sorry to hear about those on the WL. I have faith that everyone will end up at the school that is right for them, I don't know much about Case's waitlist but hang on in there.

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 18 users
MSTP A! :love: Just wanted to add for my fellow MD/PhD applicants that we aren't included in the zoom meeting thing so no need to worry about that lol. Had me panicking for a sec

• Love
Reactions: 7 users