2020-2021 Case Western Reserve

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II just now, complete late July, OOS, LM 77

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
II last Thursday (1/21), OOS, completed in Aug. Totally unexpected, a great surprise! Looks like they've been sending out a lot of invites recently

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Any idea what it means if they haven't rejected or interviewed us? Does the school do a second round of review? Or perhaps they just haven't read my app yet?

Hey ya'll, I'm from the Stanford thread, and they pulled this zoom thing on us too. I'm here since someone in the Stanford thread said that Case did this too.

Is Case notifying A's through zoom, or is it just WL? Do they tell the whole group of people at once you're all accepted? Did the A zoom invites come before the WL zoom invites? Did they also call or email ya'll?

Bruh I'm freaking out too lmao. Thanks, and good vibes from the Stanford thread!

Reactions: 2 users
When I interviewed in Oct, It seemed like A's received a zoom invite a few days prior while WL's received an email the morning of the zoom call. Some users here reported having a "WL zoom meeting" but have been noticeably absent on this thread ever since.

Did anyone get the invite to Tuesdays Zoom? Any thoughts on what that is about???

I got an invite about 20 minutes ago. Not sure 100% but previous posts say it could be a sign of an A.

Got one too.🤞🤞

also got a zoom link email today, crossing my fingers because this is my top choice!!

I also received one. Hopefully it's good news!

I got one too. Here's hoping for good news for everyone!

Not sure if this is helpful, but I interviewed 12/11 and got the email

Could one of you let us know what the meeting was about afterward? Just trying to find some answers (that I'm sure the whole thread would appreciate) in this whole zoom email thing :/

Reactions: 1 user
Could one of you let us know what the meeting was about afterward? Just trying to find some answers (that I'm sure the whole thread would appreciate) in this whole zoom email thing :/
Also, if they do not respond, that could also be telling. Although I guess we can still debate WL vs. acceptance? IDK

Also, if they do not respond, that could also be telling. Although I guess we can still debate WL vs. acceptance? IDK
Yeah the fact that there is almost complete silence from others after the previous zoom calls makes me suggest that admissions request that they do not speak of it on any forums but I figured to at least ask and hopefully one will budge haha

Yeah the fact that there is almost complete silence from others after the previous zoom calls makes me suggest that admissions request that they do not speak of it on any forums but I figured to at least ask and hopefully one will budge haha
read my comment from last release

No zoom email; and just was put on Alt List. Interviewed early January

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
No zoom email as well, placed on Alt list, interviewed 1/4, will be withdrawing

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
Alt List, no Zoom email. Does anyone know how much movement there is on the WL historically?

• Care
Alt squad!!!! Not surprised my interview was a total mess...

• Care
any advice for an upcoming interviewee?
just be yourself! and make sure you know a lot about their program and what appeals to you about it. or even the city/hospitals.

i just had one interviewer who was 15 minutes late to our 30 minute interview and didn't care and one old guy who ranted and ranted for 70 minutes. I'm sure yours will be fine :)

• Wow
Honestly not sure how much weight our interviews hold... I thought I did really well on my interviews but I guess it wasn't enough
I wouldn’t take it too personally. I think most schools are also waitlisting a lot with how unpredictable this cycle is.

Reactions: 3 users
just be yourself! and make sure you know a lot about their program and what appeals to you about it. or even the city/hospitals.

i just had one interviewer who was 15 minutes late to our 30 minute interview and didn't care and one old guy who ranted and ranted for 70 minutes. I'm sure yours will be fine :)
thanks for the advice! will def make sure to highlight my fit to their program/the location

sucks to hear your interview experience was like that :/ sounds awful omg

thanks for the advice! will def make sure to highlight my fit to their program/the location

sucks to hear your interview experience was like that :/ sounds awful omg
My second interview was less than ideal for similar reasons so not surprised about the WL.

• Care
I couldn't make my zoom call; for me, it is an A.

• Love
it was the most difficult decision i made this application cycle but i declined my II at CWRU. I hope it goes to someone on this thread. Best of luck everyone :)

• Care
Reactions: 9 users
Do people have a shot getting off the waitlist if they didn't get a WL Zoom call when these were happening in the fall? Case says they don't have a high priority waitlist, but this doesn't seem honest. Could someone please confirm or deny if the mysterious Zoom WL group is a high priority group or if Case just couldn't include everyone (this sounds so unlikely) so we all can have more realistic expectations.

Not sure why it wouldn't be honest. Maybe they received negative feedback for dragging people onto a mysterious Zoom call only to inform them they've been waitlisted, when the messaged could be delivered by email. I'm not sure anyone knows. Hang in there!

What's the clothing etiquette for the IQ informational session? Everyone wearing a suit or is it more casual?

based on the update sent to admitted applicants, does that sound like the second look day will be virtual?

based on the update sent to admitted applicants, does that sound like the second look day will be virtual?
That's what I imagine. Understabdable but had a slimmer of hope that second look would be in person

Does anyone mind sharing how the IQ sessions went? How long is it and do you feel there was any need to do any reading/research beforehand? Thanks in advance!

Does anyone mind sharing how the IQ sessions went? How long is it and do you feel there was any need to do any reading/research beforehand? Thanks in advance!

It was ok, but honestly you can get a sense of the IQs go by watching the IQ youtube video. It is only an hour so if you have the time then I would just attend it. It is very casual. And no, you don't need to do any research or reading beforehand - you will all read the article together during the session.

I haven’t heard anything from Case yet. Complete late August. Any insight on whether I’m still being considered?

Reactions: 5 users
I haven’t heard anything from Case yet. Complete late August. Any insight on whether I’m still being considered?
They've had several rounds of pre-II Rs, so I'm hoping that if we've made it this far we're still being considered for now?

• Care
ahhh just got an II! complete early august :)

• Love
Ahhhh congrats!!! That’s awesome news
thank you so much!!
for those of y'all waiting for interviews, I was able to see 4 interview days in February, so it's not over yet!!!

II today! Wow I never thought I would get an interview here. Complete late July.

LM 74, ORM, OOS.

pre-II R today, good luck to everyone interviewing soon!

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
II this morning complete 7/16. In-state.

I am freaked, this is my top choice. They have slots open all of February.

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 14 users
Just to confirm, Case doesn't take pre-II updates right?

• Love
Pre-II R, good luck y’all!

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
For those accepted, how Well did you think you did on your interviews (student and faculty)?

For those accepted, how Well did you think you did on your interviews (student and faculty)?
I thought I did well with the faculty but I thought the one with the student was iffy. It obviously was good enough so shows they might go better than we think.

I thought I did well with the faculty but I thought the one with the student was iffy. It obviously was good enough so shows they might go better than we think.
**** it was the opposite for me! Hoping for good news regardless haha

• Care
I thought I did well on my student interview, but not so much on my faculty interview. Hope you get your A! :)