2020-2021 Case Western Reserve

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I thought I did well on my student interview, but not so much on my faculty interview. Hope you get your A! :)
Refreshing to hear thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone from late-August on received a II yet??

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone have recent information regarding post II chances? I have seen around 45% but data is from 2018.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
To clarify, zoom email good? No email bad? Talking about post interview!

when does financial aid package come out?
If your materials are complete, we're going to try and begin sending out packages about mid-February. We just have to wait for the University's Board of Trustees to approve tuition and budgets for 2021-2022.

Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone have recent information regarding post II chances? I have seen around 45% but data is from 2018.
Really hard to say as this cycle has been unlike any other. It's hard for us to rely on historical data to help us predict how things will turn out since our entire interview season has been done virtually and no one has been able to visit. Obviously, every school is in the same boat. We've been conservative in our acceptances so we'll see how things shake out.

Reactions: 6 users
Really hard to say as this cycle has been unlike any other. It's hard for us to rely on historical data to help us predict how things will turn out since our entire interview season has been done virtually and no one has been able to visit. Obviously, every school is in the same boat. We've been conservative in our acceptances so we'll see how things shake out.
Thank you for the update Christian! although hard to swallow the conservative in our acceptance sentiment!

Thank you for the update Christian! although hard to swallow the conservative in our acceptance sentiment!

Perhaps that bodes well for Alt list students? Maybe it means there could be more movement

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
complete late july and silence... is it good or bad lol?
Hard to say. For reference, I completed three months after you. That said, this fact would only be significant if the review process was entirely chronological. I do not believe that this is the case. It is entirely possible, albeit not likely given the few dates left, that you may get invited. Keep your hopes up.

pre-II R 2 minutes ago, complete 9/23

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Any middle-late January interviewers starting to get nervous? I'm going insane in anticipation of our decision releaseo_O

Any middle-late January interviewers starting to get nervous? I'm going insane in anticipation of our decision releaseo_O
Yes. I’ve had 3 other interviews this cycle with the outcomes being: 1 deferral (no decision has been made), 1 WL, and 1 post-II rejection. Getting nervous because this is my last shot at a straight-out acceptance and avoiding a second/reapp cycle - and it also happens to be my top choice school. I’m already prepared to start working on another cycle, if none of my remaining options work out.

• Care
II this morning! Completely unexpected. OOS, LM 75, complete Nov 😲

Reactions: 6 users
II just now. Complete 10/5. OOS

Reactions: 7 users
Yes. I’ve had 3 other interviews this cycle with the outcomes being: 1 deferral (no decision has been made), 1 WL, and 1 post-II rejection. Getting nervous because this is my last shot at a straight-out acceptance and avoiding a second/reapp cycle - and it also happens to be my top choice school. I’m already prepared to start working on another cycle, if none of my remaining options work out.
I feel you, this is not only my only MD interview, but my top choice school coming into the application cycle. It's such a fantastic program, I can't imagine going anywhere else! let's pray:rolleyes:

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
II this morning as well! Woooooooo! :) Complete in December.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
For people who were accepted MSTP, did you guys get a Zoom email from the director? Thanks!

II this evening!! Complete 9/4 OOS. Stats in Sig. Update sent before Thanksgiving. I could only see the last week of February

Reactions: 5 users
II this evening!! Complete 9/4 OOS. Stats in Sig. Update sent before Thanksgiving. I could only see the last week of February
Congratulations on II! I thought they did not accept pre-II updates.. How did you send it (email or..)?

Interviewed 1/27, just got the R email... Case was my top choice so I’m pretty bummed. Good luck to everyone else though!

• Care
Reactions: 11 users
for those who just received decisions what was ur interview dates?

for those who just received decisions what was ur interview dates?
alt list! 1/15. feeling very happy that i even made this far as this was the best school i interviewed at! feeling very positive :)

Reactions: 5 users
So I had some updates (3-4 things) in my app that I mentioned to my interviewer, but would it still be worth having it down in writing through a post-II update letter? Not sure if that's frowned upon/redundant to do. I would also combine the updates with a LOinterest if I do send one. Thoughts?
Just worried about the next round of decisions this month :/ Interviewed in Feb for context

So I had some updates (3-4 things) in my app that I mentioned to my interviewer, but would it still be worth having it down in writing through a post-II update letter? Not sure if that's frowned upon/redundant to do. I would also combine the updates with a LOinterest if I do send one. Thoughts?
Just worried about the next round of decisions this month :/ Interviewed in Feb for context
I think that’s definitely something you can do. The admissions team seemed receptive to updates based on what they said during our interview day. It’s not redundant.

@CWRU.Sman

Good afternoon Christian! Quick question with how CWRUSOM will be acting on alternate listed applicants this year...

You mentioned before that the admission's committee has been conservative with acceptances this cycle. Because of this, could we expect alternate list movement to occur before April 30th, after the last scheduled interview dates for this cycle?

@CWRU.Sman

Good afternoon Christian! Quick question with how CWRUSOM will be acting on alternate listed applicants this year...

You mentioned before that the admission's committee has been conservative with acceptances this cycle. Because of this, could we expect alternate list movement to occur before April 30th, after the last scheduled interview dates for this cycle?
Also wondering this! Have been on the Alt list since October. Wonder if alt list is just a soft R :/

@CWRU.Sman

We never really know what the alternate list movement will look like until people begin to decline their acceptance offers. While some will make their decision in March and mid-April, most accepted applicants take it down to the final day (April 30) which is why you tend to see schools making offers on May 1 and thereafter. I don't think they are being inconsiderate as there can be a variety of reasons as to why some accepted applicants wait, such as (virtual) 2nd Looks scheduled later in the month and waiting on financial aid awards from other schools. Like I said before, this cycle is unlike any other for all medical schools. No one has been able to formally visit our campuses and cities so we (all med schools) really don't have a feel for how these factors will impact the decision making process. Did some people just take the interview because it didn't cost them anything? Will more people choose to stay at a school closer to home? Will people choose a school sight unseen? The alternate list is not always a bad place to be and those applicants aren't always seen as less desirable. We have fantastically qualified, cool people that come through our interview processes and we truly agonize as to where to draw the line when we are issuing our initial acceptances. So, like I've said before - hang in there. I've seen the "alt list season" become an embarrassment of riches for some applicants as multiple offers start coming their way in the month of May. I hope this helps.

• Love
Reactions: 23 users
@CWRU.Sman Thank you so much for your kind explanation, Christian! I have a quick follow-up question: can we still be considered for financial aid if we learn that we are accepted after Case's financial aid deadline of 3/1?

@CWRU.Sman Hi! For those of us who haven’t heard anything since submitting a secondary - does that mean we are still under consideration? Are applications still being screened for interviews? Thanks so much!

@CWRU.Sman Thank you so much for your kind explanation, Christian! I have a quick follow-up question: can we still be considered for financial aid if we learn that we are accepted after Case's financial aid deadline of 3/1?
They said on our interview day if you’re accepted after 3/1 you’ll have about a 2 week deadline to submit financial aid info and will still be considered.

Yes, of course. When we accept someone from the alternate list we usually give them 7-10 days to make a decision which gives them time to complete our financial aid process and have a package to review. We want them to be able to make an informed decision.