2020-2021 Dartmouth (Geisel)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If I’ve survived a few R waves is this good news or does this just mean they haven’t gotten to mine yet? Complete early sept
in the same exact boat :/, but at this point i think they may hvve reviewed everyone? since there were also ppl who heard that was complete in early sept.
 
in the same exact boat :/, but at this point i think they may hvve reviewed everyone? since there were also ppl who heard that was complete in early sept.

Def not true. Their secondary deadline was Dec 1st IIRC, and there have been very little, if not zero, rejections for Oct/Nov completions.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Pre- II R for me as well. I didn't have high expectations for this one anyways so im not super upset about it. They were a far reach for me. Good luck to those still in the running and congratulations to those who were accepted. I look forward to being colleagues one day anyways.
 
Since AMCAS doesn’t accept grade updates is it appropriate to send Geisel an update letter and in the letter let them know how my grades were last semester? Or is that a bad idea
 
Were your grades drastically different in the fall than your overall GPA listed in AMCAS? If not, that shouldn't be sent in.
Not too drastically. I did get a 4.0 so I didn’t know if that would help my case at all
 
I recently sent Geisel an update on a new clinical experience/research/grade. Butttt my abstract was just accepted to NCUR (national council of undergraduate research) and I'll be presenting on a topic I reference throughout my application: scientific communication and the visual arts.

Is this worth a new update or is it an annoyance?! Definitely not a publication in Nature, but I'm a non-trad who's light on research experience 🙂
 
I recently sent Geisel an update on a new clinical experience/research/grade. Butttt my abstract was just accepted to NCUR (national council of undergraduate research) and I'll be presenting on a topic I reference throughout my application: scientific communication and the visual arts.

Is this worth a new update or is it an annoyance?! Definitely not a publication in Nature, but I'm a non-trad who's light on research experience 🙂
send the update - my partner a few years ago got an interview after sending 4 updates lol
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Sorry to all those who received the R today, keep your heads in the game because things change quick. Somehow, I got my first A here this morning and have been in absolute disbelief the entire day. Interviewed on 12/17 and they said we'd here back in Feb/March. Loved every second of this interview but never considered this a real opportunity. WOW
Congrats that's amazing! I interviewed same day, I remember chatting in the lobby. So happy for you!