2020-2021 Dartmouth (Geisel)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Accepted on January 15, the email got stuck in gmail Promotions so I saw it tonight (always check carefully folks!!) This felt like such a long shot, I’m sort of in shock 😭😭Interviewed 12/3

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Care
Reactions: 6 users
Accepted on January 15! This felt like such a long shot, I’m sort of in shock :))) Interviewed 12/3
Congrats!!!! 🍾🎊 So proud of you, future MD.

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 2 users
Accepted on January 15, the email got stuck in gmail Promotions so I saw it tonight (always check carefully folks!!) This felt like such a long shot, I’m sort of in shock 😭😭Interviewed 12/3
congrats!! I have also learned to always check every single inbox, lmao

Members don't see this ad :)
Can anyone give me some idea as to what the interview day is like? Also, are interviewers chill or should I be worried lol?

Does anyone know about an accepted students fb group?

Can anyone give me some tips/advice about how the interview was like? I've looked at the SDN Dartmouth page and past interview Qs, but I would love some input as to what the interview style was like, and how it overall went?

Reactions: 1 user
Can anyone give me some idea as to what the interview day is like? Also, are interviewers chill or should I be worried lol?
It was pretty enjoyable, the group activity was not stressful at all and felt like a nice little ice breaker. My two interviewers were both really nice, the first guy I wouldn't describe as "chill," he was more like an odd but well-meaning man. They let their interviewers interview as they please based on their preference/style so he did not read my file at all beforehand, said he prefers to do closed file and asked me something like 4 questions in total! But he was not at all intimidating. The second interviewer I had was extremely nice and friendly. This one was open file for me and we mainly talked about my PS and activities and things I learned from them... Definitely do not be worried, this interview day was one of the smoothest and most pleasant ones for me.

Reactions: 1 users
Pre-II R received ✅
Complete late-october, LM 74.
I don't think I was a good fit for Geisel to begin with, but it was worth a try. Hopefully those who better fit their mission get the remaining IIs! And congrats to those already accepted! <3

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Pre-II R just now, complete early Sept. Good luck to the rest of you!

• Care
+1 Pre-II R, complete September

• Care
Interviewed earlier this month + received an acceptance today! But I think this is uncommon; they told us it's normal to wait for a decision until March. So best of luck to everyone else in the process!

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
Pre-II R received ✅
Complete late-october, LM 74.
I don't think I was a good fit for Geisel to begin with, but it was worth a try. Hopefully those who better fit their mission get the remaining IIs! And congrats to those already accepted! <3
Your username gave me great joy, future Dr. WarmPotato

• Love
  • Haha
Pre-II R received today. Complete early Sept LM 69

• Care
Any mid September’s hear back? I’m complete Sept 15

Pre-II R. Complete 9/3 IS. Far reach stat wise but thought I was a good fit and IS would help give me a mild edge. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Care
Pre -II R today. Not surprising as it was a very far reach for my stats. Was hopeful that my non-trad status with an interesting life story would woo them. Alas, it appears I’ll be sticking with my state school - Dartmouth would be one of only a couple acceptances that could override the benefits of staying in-state.

• Care
Getting sooo anxious about this..... Complete 09/01....... Semi-silence.... Their email update on 12/16 said: "we will be reading applications through the end of February 2021 and interviewing through the end of March 2021"

I need all the luck for keeping my hopes! Good luck, friends!

Getting sooo anxious about this..... Complete 09/01....... Semi-silence.... Their email update on 12/16 said: "we will be reading applications through the end of February 2021 and interviewing through the end of March 2021"

I need all the luck for keeping my hopes! Good luck, friends!
you're not alone don't worry!

Last edited:
They got me today. Now that I've been rejected I want to ABSOLUTELY recommend the Papadia from Papa Johns to everyone on here. Much better experience all around with them than with Dartmouth Geisel.

• Haha
Pre-II R this morning, complete 10/25. Yay to my first R! I matched the average gpa/had a slightly higher mcat but I don't think I was a good fit for them ultimately and probably should have also applied earlier. Best of luck to all of y'all!

Have any Canadian students been rejected? Can you share your complete date?

-xoxo an anxious fellow Canadian complete 9/17 and wondering if they've even read my app yet

Have any Canadian students been rejected? Can you share your complete date?

-xoxo an anxious fellow Canadian complete 9/17 and wondering if they've even read my app yet

Hi,

Yes, a friend of mine (Canadian) complete 8/24 was rejected last week. I am also Canadian and was complete 8/11, yet I still stand. Not sure what that means.

• Care
you're not alone don't worry! Complete 8/6 and still anxiously clicking the Gmail refresh button.
Thank you!!! Let's embrace this week and hope for some IIs!!!! Let's get this! :)

Reactions: 3 users
II this morning! LM 70.5 ORM, complete waaaay back in mid-September. Never in a million years did I think I would get an email from this school. So honored.

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 8 users
Oh no... they’re getting to October. Will prepare myself for the inevitable lol

Just got an II! Little nervous since I was complete late July, but psyched since this is one of my top schools! LM 71 ORM

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Got the II!! I am really happy because Geisel is one of my top choices. Honestly, was not expecting it at all, but I am glad they are giving me a chance :)

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
Got the R this morning!

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
I don't know why I have this weird feeling that my II is on its way. Super weird. I have not had this feeling with any other school.... Posting it here, so I can look back and see if the gods of my intuition were correct! :love:

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
how long does it take to hear back after interviewing typically, if anyone has any idea? Thank youu!