You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Iowa (Carver)
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Can I ask when you were complete?II today. Dates in Sept/Oct. OOS.
It looks like it was 8/3 when my fee was processed and everything was marked complete.Can I ask when you were complete?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thats awesome dude! Congrats! Do u mind sharing ur stats?II today. Dates in Sept/Oct. OOS.
Thank you : ) I am pretty excited. Iowa is definitely one of my top choice schools. I had about an 89%ile MCAT and 3.66, but I truly believe IA looks at applications and tries to understand the human beings behind them, their story, etc, more than metrics, based on my experiences with the school.Thats awesome dude! Congrats! Do u mind sharing ur stats?
Anyone else still waiting on a secondary? Verified July 30
II here last week OOS. Only Sept dates for me
II here last week OOS. Only Sept dates for me
Congrats!! When were you complete?
Thanks. 8/17!Congrats!! When were you complete?
Congrats! would you mind sharing your stats?II here last week OOS. Only Sept dates for me
Thanks. Balanced LM 78Congrats! would you mind sharing your stats?
They take long and send them in batches (not sure how they stratify applicants but probs some combo of the usual stats/ECs stuff). For reference, I was verified in June and received the secondary 8/06.Hi everyone, I added this school a bit late and was wondering how long they take to send a secondary?
ice cheems
Full Member
Their screen from MSAR in case you're wondering: "Overall and BCPM GPA 3.0. If not 3.0, we require 20 hours science post baccalaureate or graduate work at 3.5 or higher. MCAT score must be 500 or higher to receive a secondary application."Hi everyone, I added this school a bit late and was wondering how long they take to send a secondary?
Their screen from MSAR in case you're wondering: "Overall and BCPM GPA 3.0. If not 3.0, we require 20 hours science post baccalaureate or graduate work at 3.5 or higher. MCAT score must be 500 or higher to receive a secondary application."
Thank you. I guess they are just spreading the secondaries out then, because I would have passed that screen automatically.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
II received
anonymoususer343434
Full Member
Congrats! Would you mind sharing stats/when you completed?II received
518, 3.93 ORM completed 7/24Congrats! Would you mind sharing stats/when you completed?
Just to be clear- all interview times are listed in Central time, right? This is my first II and my first cycle and I’m in EST so I don’t want to make a silly mistake
Yep! Iowa is CSTJust to be clear- all interview times are listed in Central time, right? This is my first II and my first cycle and I’m in EST so I don’t want to make a silly mistake
Anyone else still waiting on a secondary? Verified July 30
Yep, still waiting. Was verified around the same time as you too.
II as well! OOS, 4.0, 518
Congrats!! When were you complete?II as well! OOS, 4.0, 518
8/3Congrats!! When were you complete?
benignradical
Full Member
Tell me about it, the school seems fantastic. I'd love a secondary (added them 8/1).Iowa please send me a secondary. I’m sorry I didn’t know of you early on but after reading about you and your city on the website, I’ve made a special place for you in my heart.
About 3 full days for meHow long did it take for you guys to be marked complete? Everything but my LORs is complete and it's been 2 days.
Has anyone had issues with the bio with lab prereq requirement? My undergrad doesn’t offer gen bio with lab so typically we take gen bio 1 and gen bio 2 and then a 3 credit intro bio lab. I submitted my secondary with those listed but when I emailed them to make sure it covered the requirement they said I needed another additional lab course. Do you think my clinical anatomy course with lab would cover it? Or a 2 credit gross anatomy lab? I’m waiting for them to respond again but I’m nervous. I got an interview here last year and nothing was ever said about that requirement not being met by what I listed on my secondary. Thanks!
My LORs were complete right away but it took me ~4 days to be fully complete because my payment took a while to register on the portalHow long did it take for you guys to be marked complete? Everything but my LORs is complete and it's been 2 days.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Received II 30 minutes ago! OOS, ORM, LM80, Complete 8/7
for the activities section, what are you guys putting for end date if the activity is being continued? I don't want them to think my hours include forecasted hours if I put my end date in the future
Last edited:
I was worried about the same thing so I just put my end date as 8/2020 to avoid confusion about hours!for the activities section, what are you guys putting for end date if the activity is being continued? I don't want them to think my hours include forecasted hours if I put my end date in the future
I was worried about the same thing so I just put my end date as 8/2020 to avoid confusion about hours!
interesting, i was just thinking about putting my future end date (to not contradict my primary) and assuming that they knew I would follow directions by not including future hours. im sure either way works.
Anyone still waiting on a secondary? Primary verified 7/23
anonymoususer343434
Full Member
I was told by an adcom (not at Iowa though) that its best to not predict future hours bc can be very confusing/inaccurate, but to state in your response It would be continued (so that it doesn't cause any confusion in regards to how many hours you've worked over that period of time) but obviously different adcoms are different. I did the same by using 08/2020 as my end date to prevent any confusion, but I also did 06/2020 on my primaries. Hoping they can make the assumption that I only did completed hoursinteresting, i was just thinking about putting my future end date (to not contradict my primary) and assuming that they knew I would follow directions by not including future hours. im sure either way works.
anonymoususer343434
Full Member
also, meant to add the only issue if you include future end date but not forecasting hours is that it then may look like your hours are diluted if they don't assume you did it that wayinteresting, i was just thinking about putting my future end date (to not contradict my primary) and assuming that they knew I would follow directions by not including future hours. im sure either way works.
What are the interview dates in September and October?
II as well!! 🙂 OOS, Regular MD.
Last edited:
Still waiting to hear from the MSTP as well. I wouldn't worry too much though as Iowa seems to have pushed back their MSTP interviews this year. First one is normally mid-September and the MD/PhD interview/revisit calendar shows their first interview date this cycle is 10/8. More waiting for us! 😵Any MSTP II?
Ah, gotcha. Thank you for the info!!Still waiting to hear from the MSTP as well. I wouldn't worry too much though as Iowa seems to have pushed back their MSTP interviews this year. First one is normally mid-September and the MD/PhD calendars shows their first interview date this cycle is 10/8. More waiting for us! 😵
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
II today! Complete 8/20, IS, Dates throughout September.
Wow complete on 8/20 is a super fast turnaround!! Fingers crossed my 8/20 complete is quick too. But I’m OOS (interviewed last year but R)II today! Complete 8/20, IS, Dates throughout September.
Wow complete on 8/20 is a super fast turnaround!! Fingers crossed my 8/20 complete is quick too. But I’m OOS (interviewed last year but R)
Yeah I was shocked my last secondary would turn into my first interview lol. I'm sure if you interviewed last year you'd be at the top of their list for a fast turnaround!
Iowa is amazing at rewarding reapplicants who take into account their post-interview feedback -- so hopefully you'll be hearing back soon! They re-interview a lot.Wow complete on 8/20 is a super fast turnaround!! Fingers crossed my 8/20 complete is quick too. But I’m OOS (interviewed last year but R)