2020-2021 Jefferson (Kimmel)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone trying to submit the secondary but unable to submit? It says "contact the administrator" or something like that?
Nope! Application submitted successfully.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Wow, everyone submitted already and I'm still writing for 4000 character optional essay LOL. But I'm glad there are no technical difficulties in the secondary processing. Good luck everyone :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Wow, everyone submitted already and I'm still writing for 4000 word optional essay LOL. But I'm glad there are no technical difficulties in the secondary processing. Good luck everyone :)
I thought it was 4000 characters? Still long! But may change the game.

I thought it was 4000 characters? Still long! But may change the game.

Haha, yes, my apologies. It's 4000 characters not words! Thanks for catching my mistake! Gosh, I can write 4000 words, but I will feel bad for whoever has to read all the 4000-word essays...

Submitted the secondary and it tells me I am under review! First time I've gotten that message from an MD school. Exciting!

Good to know.

So do we even have to let them know that we are submitting different letters than the ones they asked for?

TBH I'm not sure if you have to explicitly let them know. It was a while ago but, the way I remember I did it was I submitted, then like a few days later or something I realized the letter requirements, called their office and they said it was okay

guys for the covid essay I wrote the name of the doc I shadowed as Osamede Ioysoge instead of Osamede Iyosoge. Am I screewd or just being neurotic?

Submitted my secondary yesterday, but was too lazy to tell y'all lmao

• Haha
I mean that is a pretty careless mistake, but I do not think that they would just say "Sorry we're not taking you" because of a typo.

Also sorry I suck at this thing but this was meant for @PU7832

Members don't see this ad :)
Any idea why they ask about SAT/ACT scores? My math score on the ACT was not the best (lol) and I'm wondering if I can leave it blank??

@reko29 I think someone mentioned it in last year's thread, but they ask for SAT and ACT scores for data purposes, so I'm pretty sure it's not required. I personally don't see the problem with leaving it blank.

Submitted secondary earlier today, pretty excited!
Edit: no submission issues, although I got an email about the Arizona - Tucson secondary having technical difficulties.

Anyone know when the earliest II invites would be?

MSAR says "mid-July"
Thanks! That is now haha. I am wondering if they are receiving fewer applications than previous years. Everyone seems to have pushed everything back in terms of deadlines too so probably interviews will be sent out later.

Could you provide the COVID prompt? I have not received the secondary from them yet.

Explain any impact that COVID-19 may have had on your educational/research/volunteering or employment plans.

Is it bad to leave the "other information" prompt blank? Doesn't that look a bit lazy? I don't want to force it but I feel like I should still have something

Could one of you copy/share the essay prompts word for word here? Please and thank you :shy:
Explain any impact that COVID-19 may have had on your educational/research/volunteering or employment plans. (2000 characters)

Do you have any additional information that hasn't been covered? (4000 characters)

@TheDataKing

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 2 users
Explain any impact that COVID-19 may have had on your educational/research/volunteering or employment plans. (2000 characters)

Do you have any additional information that hasn't been covered? (4000 characters)

@TheDataKing
thank you, dindjarin87. You are a knight in shining armor with a baby Yoda, apparently.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
what do they mean Early Assurance/Linkage program? If I am going for the regular MD do I leave these options all unselected? Do they have a 3years track?

guys for the covid essay I wrote the name of the doc I shadowed as Osamede Ioysoge instead of Osamede Iyosoge. Am I screewd or just being neurotic?
That seems fine to me. If I read it fast I wouldn't even notice it besides they don't know the correct name to begin with.

what do they mean Early Assurance/Linkage program? If I am going for the regular MD do I leave these options all unselected? Do they have a 3years track?
You'd know if you were in Early Assurance or Linkage by now. Those programs give possible advantages/connections during application.

I had to read this 3 times to spot the difference. Don't worry about it at all. On the other hand, I made a typo in a secondary which changed a word into profanity, which will catch someone's eye. Oops.

• Wow
Reactions: 4 users
That seems fine to me. If I read it fast I wouldn't even notice it besides they don't know the correct name to begin with.
I had to read this 3 times to spot the difference. Don't worry about it at all. On the other hand, I made a typo in a secondary which changed a word into profanity, which will catch someone's eye. Oops.

hahaha thanks guys I feel better now

Already submitted my secondary but could use some advice.

After talking to my advisor, (dumb me) realized that my school sends my letters in the same packet as the committee letter. On my application, I marked both committee letters and letter packet.

Do you guys think I should send an email to the school clarifying that all my letters will be in the committee letter packet?

Hey guys! not sure if it was answered earlier but is it okay leave sat/act score blank? would it allow me to submit my secondary without it. I am a non-trad and its been about 8 years since I graduated from high school and dont have any idea about my scores.

Hey guys! not sure if it was answered earlier but is it okay leave sat/act score blank? would it allow me to submit my secondary without it. I am a non-trad and its been about 8 years since I graduated from high school and dont have any idea about my scores.

I left it blank and submitted fine!

I used the additional comments to talk about my decline in my grades in the latter half of undergrad and the reason why I did a post-bacc. Would that hurt me if I didn't didn't include a "why Jefferson".

I used the additional comments to talk about my decline in my grades in the latter half of undergrad and the reason why I did a post-bacc. Would that hurt me if I didn't didn't include a "why Jefferson".
I am doing the same thing. I talked about my decision to pursue a masters degree to address my shortcomings in undergrad. i don't think it would be looked a negatively. If anything it shows your commitment to pursue medicine, and furthermore if you excelled in your masters or post-bacc and took advanced level science courses and did good then it shows you are well-equipped and prepared to take on medical school courses and also predicts successful outcome. Also they might be saving why jefferson question for interview haha

I am doing the same thing. I talked about my decision to pursue a masters degree to address my shortcomings in undergrad. i don't think it would be looked a negatively. If anything it shows your commitment to pursue medicine, and furthermore if you excelled in your masters or post-bacc and took advanced level science courses and did good then it shows you are well-equipped and prepared to take on medical school courses and also predicts successful outcome. Also they might be saving why jefferson question for interview haha

Don't want to sound like an arrogant person, but why not do both? 4000 characters is a fair bit of space to work with :)

Last edited:
Application now Under Review, complete 7/10. I used to just have the "Complete" box checked, and now there is the "Under Review" one. Exciting!

Submitted today and it already shows application is under review. They are pretty quick I guess

Does this secondary allow for an optional text box for IAs or allow for updates after submission? To make a long story short, I have pre-written all my secondaries but still waiting for my primary to be reviewed (hopefully in a few more days!), but when I submitted my primary I indicated I had no IAs because what I thought were not violations actually were. After talking to a few admissions departments I have learned my best bet is to 1)email the admissions office and dean of admissions, 2) explain in the optional text box why I did not report it on my primary, and 3)update my application with the details if allowed.

Therefore, does this secondary have an optional text box or allow for resubmission where I would have the opportunity to explain this situation?

Already submitted my secondary but could use some advice.

After talking to my advisor, (dumb me) realized that my school sends my letters in the same packet as the committee letter. On my application, I marked both committee letters and letter packet.

Do you guys think I should send an email to the school clarifying that all my letters will be in the committee letter packet?

Your post made me realize I did the same thing, so I emailed them to clarify. They didn't respond, but they added it as a "communication" within the application portal.

My Application status says my letters of references are not received, but the document status says my letter packet has been received. My application is incomplete. Is anyone else having this issue?

Have you bought MSAR? You should look at where your MCAT score range is in comparison to other acceptees. You’re way off with your score for SKMC
yeah i have. i guess yield protection is likely but i'm not sure what i can do about that like i'm not gonna apply to only T20s lol... and either way my secondary is already submitted so

yeah i have. i guess yield protection is likely but i'm not sure what i can do about that like i'm not gonna apply to only T20s lol... and either way my secondary is already submitted so
Alright, awesome. SKMC is one of the lowest yield schools in the country and protects their yield very heavily. Good that you're applying to schools within your range as well!!

Would someone be willing to post the instruction box for the SAT/ACT score part? I think I saw something about instructions for uploading unofficial SAT scores but then the info disappeared after I submitted my secondary :/
I thought we just had to mention our scores. We have to upload something?

I think that might have been for Temple? I don't recall uploading anything for SKMC