You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Jefferson (Kimmel)
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
annaleise9210
Full Member
got an II at 5 PM EST
R today morning. No email just checked the portal. Good luck to everyone applying!
Stats if you don't mind?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats! When were you complete? IS or OOS?got an II at 5 PM EST
Stats if you don't mind?
Thanks! I'm OOS and completed my app on 7/12. I think my LM is 73ish and WARS is 81Congrats! When were you complete? IS or OOS?
Hey! I was complete 7/11 LM is 72 and WARS is around 80. OOSStats if you don't mind?
D
deleted785419
WHere on the portal was the R?
D
deleted785419
when did u get the II email?II, complete 7/13, LM 70
No II just yet but this is such an exciting time! Congratulations to those who have gotten II so far, hopefully we can join yall soon!
micro_glia
Full Member
Did you all receive an email saying you are complete? My portal says my app is complete and under review but I never got that in an email
D
deleted785419
Apprently there are Rs in the status portal?
I did get a complete email, and my status in the portal is also complete and under reviewDid you all receive an email saying you are complete? My portal says my app is complete and under review but I never got that in an email
Same but under review at least means it's not a R (yet)congrats to those who got IIs! really like this school but still under review even tho i submitted 7/10
D
deleted959268
lmao Im still waiting for my secondary and MCAT to come in. Congratulations hope yall kill it!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ITS HAPPENING, PREPARE TO WONDER EVERY DAY IF NOT GETTING AN II MEANS UR APP IS TRASH
THE SPRINGTIME OF YOUTH IN FULL FORCE
THE SPRINGTIME OF YOUTH IN FULL FORCE
Lol GW already made me think thatITS HAPPENING, PREPARE TO WONDER EVERY DAY IF NOT GETTING AN II MEANS UR APP IS TRASH
THE SPRINGTIME OF YOUTH IN FULL FORCE
D
deleted1040408
why?Lol GW already made me think that
Alot of people (including me) got put on hold there alreadywhy?
D
deleted1044561
Congrats! Is this the first school giving out IIs?II, complete 7/13, LM 70
D
deleted1044561
LMAO I have no idea what the springtime of youth you keep talking about is but it's hilarious.ITS HAPPENING, PREPARE TO WONDER EVERY DAY IF NOT GETTING AN II MEANS UR APP IS TRASH
THE SPRINGTIME OF YOUTH IN FULL FORCE
I just realized that on the secondary it said “To activate your application, please complete and return this form with your activation fee within two (2)weeks.” I missed the two week mark by one day...how big of an impact do y'all think that'll have?
also congrats to the people who've already gotten II!!
also congrats to the people who've already gotten II!!
I just realized that on the secondary it said “To activate your application, please complete and return this form with your activation fee within two (2)weeks.” I missed the two week mark by one day...how big of an impact do y'all think that'll have?
also congrats to the people who've already gotten II!!
Are you sure? I just re-read my SKMC secondary invite and it does not state the timeline. I still submitted in 10 days. But I don't think it will have too big of an impact.
Are you sure? I just re-read my SKMC secondary invite and it does not state the timeline. I still submitted in 10 days. But I don't think it will have too big of an impact.
It wasn't in the email but it was on the actual secondary
Attachments
hike4life4
Full Member
Explain any impact that COVID-19 may have had on your educational/research/volunteering or employment plans.
I'm a D1 student-athlete and COVID-19 had a major affect on that, but it doesn't necessarily fall under the "educational/research/volunteering or employment plans." Should I still include it?
I'm a D1 student-athlete and COVID-19 had a major affect on that, but it doesn't necessarily fall under the "educational/research/volunteering or employment plans." Should I still include it?
It wasn't in the email but it was on the actual secondary
Ah that's fair. Sorry, I didn't see that, but yes, it is in my actual secondary application. I still think it's fine. They should be more flexible this year given COVID.
will scott
Full Member
It wasn't in the email but it was on the actual secondary
I got a confirmation email saying my application was complete but I don’t remember filling out any form?
I believe the form is referencing the secondary application. Not sure why they would use the odd wording.I got a confirmation email saying my application was complete but I don’t remember filling out any form?
will scott
Full Member
I believe the form is referencing the secondary application. Not sure why they would use the odd wording.
Oh okay good! Yeah weird placement. Looks like it’s talking about LORs
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
LizzyM and WedgeDawg scores. They're basically meant to be "predictors" of competitiveness for medical school applicants. LizzyM compares your MCAT and GPA to other students and gives you a percentage of applicants with those stats who got into med school and WARS includes things like how strong your ECs and research are. If you just look them up you should find the calculator for each of them with the rules/explanation.Kind of new here, but I was wondering what LM and WARS meant and how you go about calculating this?
flyinglotus12
Full Member
I too am having the same issue. I saw that higher up on the thread someone reported the issue but didn't mention any sort of resolution. I may just call and will update you on what they say.My Application status says my letters of references are not received, but the document status says my letter packet has been received. My application is incomplete. Is anyone else having this issue?
D
deleted1043308
Jefferson does not reject until the end and does not update you throughout the cycle. Even if you're complete, you may not get an interview until February or March (happened to me last cycle). Best to not obsess over anyone hearing anything!Anyone complete 7/15 hear anything?
carbonred
Full Member
Complete 07/14 haven't heard anythingAnyone complete 7/15 hear anything?
I combined my diversity essay with a why jefferson/philly essay.
Did you literally put two separate essays within one document and combine them into one essay? Like have the why us essay, then a space and start your next essay. I'm trying to decide what I should do with my extra space.
Did you literally put two separate essays within one document and combine them into one essay? Like have the why us essay, then a space and start your next essay. I'm trying to decide what I should do with my extra space.
I put in a transition sentence here and there but otherwise, yeah. Didn’t do much work for it
Congratulations! When is the first available date for an interview?got an II at 5 PM EDT
Congratulations! What available dates were you given?II, complete 7/13, LM 70
D
deleted1040408
anyone else's portal say "Application is under review?"
yeah but mine has been like that for awhile i thinkanyone else's portal say "Application is under review?"
Thanks! The first available interview was September 23rd, which is what I chose.Congratulations! When is the first available date for an interview?
D
deleted1040408
when were you complete?yeah but mine has been like that for awhile i think
July 14when were you complete?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
music&&medicine
Full Member
Does anyone know what their max for individual letters of rec is? It says 6 on MSAR but I wasn't sure if that applied to individual letters.
I have 5 individual letters and submitted application without any issues. So, you should be fine with 6 i guess.Does anyone know what their max for individual letters of rec is? It says 6 on MSAR but I wasn't sure if that applied to individual letters.
I have it on good authority from my therapist that it will be sometime in the next foreseeable future.When do we expect more II? Seems like they sent them out up to 7/12 complete
I sure hope not, because I'm a 7/11 complete 🙁 I'm also MD/PhD so maybe that takes a little longer.When do we expect more II? Seems like they sent them out up to 7/12 complete