You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Maryland
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Quarantini
Full Member
II also this evening. IS/ORM. I would LOVE to attend this school!
futuremd25!
Full Member
When were you complete?II received! IS. Super excited because this is one of my top choices!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
futuremd25!
Full Member
When were you complete?II as well!! One of my favorite schools! Email received right before 8pm. IS! Congrats @Vinbro123 !!
7/23When were you complete?
D
deleted1062113
will they look at our VITA before or after the interview? I already did mine awhile ago and I seriously can't remember what I said in the VITA
I'm wondering the same thing. I did mine for UMass back in early-ish August. Ughwill they look at our VITA before or after the interview? I already did mine awhile ago and I seriously can't remember what I said in the VITA
instantswimmer
New Member
Just got an II! 512/3.89/IS. This is my first VITA school. Should I do it sooner than later? I know I need to do it before the interview date, but should I make sure I do it like ASAP?
08/20 (Sorry for the late reply!)When were you complete?
I would just get it done with. There's not too much you can do to prepare. Think of a few anecdotal experiences to have ready, do the practice VITA, practice talking to your computer a little bit. I had to do it a while back after submitting to UMass (they requested VITA from all applicants). It's not bad, but it is a little weird to just talk to your screen!Just got an II! 512/3.89/IS. This is my first VITA school. Should I do it sooner than later? I know I need to do it before the interview date, but should I make sure I do it like ASAP?
D
deleted1038508
Are most people getting IIs In-state? I'm OOS and would love to interview here but I don't know if the IS bias will allow it :/
+1Are most people getting IIs In-state? I'm OOS and would love to interview here but I don't know if the IS bias will allow it :/
belugaful30
Full Member
Just got an II! 512/3.89/IS. This is my first VITA school. Should I do it sooner than later? I know I need to do it before the interview date, but should I make sure I do it like ASAP?
I agree that all medical school application requirements should be probably be completed ASAP.
Hey all! My interview is 10/12 and I just realized that is only three weeks away (ahh!). How do you all recommend preparing? Just practicing the common questions? I'm super nervous because UMD is my top!! Thanks in advance! 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1017749
Are there any current students who can share what they really like about the school?
kris111816
Full Member
Have any OOS applicants received an II?
instantswimmer
New Member
Anybody here interview already and willing to share what it was like? What is the schedule? Mine is next week...
Not IHave any OOS applicants received an II?
hikingmedgal
New Member
II for MD/MPH just now. OOS applicant! Super excited.
Zulka
Full Member
Congrats! Do you mind sharing your complete date? Thank you!II for MD/MPH just now. OOS applicant! Super excited.
II today! OOS, scheduled for January (that was the earliest)
Congrats! When were you complete if you don’t mind sharing?
hikingmedgal
New Member
Congrats! Do you mind sharing your complete date? Thank you!
Thanks! And no problem - I was complete July 28-ish (no email comes from Maryland so I don't have it exact).
Thanks! I was complete 7/18Congrats! When were you complete if you don’t mind sharing?
turtleduck420
New Member
Interviewed yesterday, it was super casual! One student interviewer (MS2 for me) and one faculty. The student ran the interview completely conversationally, just asked like how I'm doing and some questions about my applications but it was honestly hardly even an interview. Faculty was similarly casual but a bit more structured with some of the more standard questions. There's a q&a session with a dean of admissions and some med students (MS1s and MS2s), and a tour/short q&a with an MS4. They were super friendly, super low stress 🙂
Last edited:
I'm so glad it went well for you! Congrats on such a good day 🙂 Hopefully mine is like that! Maybe we'll be students together next year 😉Interviewed yesterday, it was super casual! One student interviewer (MS2 for me) and one faculty. The student ran the interview completely conversationally, just asked like how I'm doing and some questions about my applications but it was honestly hardly even an interview. Faculty was similarly casual but a bit more structured with some of the more standard why medicine, why UMD, etc questions. There's a q&a session with a dean of admissions and some med students (MS1s and MS2s), and a tour/short q&a with an MS4. They were super friendly, super low stress 🙂
D
deleted1017749
Do they release all decisions on a specific date? If not, does anyone know how long it takes them to make admissions decisions post-interview?
Do they release all decisions on a specific date? If not, does anyone know how long it takes them to make admissions decisions post-interview?
I asked today and they said 4-6 weeks, but probably closer to 4 for us because it's early! Were you there today?
D
deleted1017749
I was! Hope the day went well for you 🙂I asked today and they said 4-6 weeks, but probably closer to 4 for us because it's early! Were you there today?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I hope it went well for you, too! 🙂I was! Hope the day went well for you 🙂
sturgeon surgeon
Full Member
II at 9:50 AM this morning. Complete 9/11
kris111816
Full Member
Congrats!! IS or OOS?II at 9:50 AM this morning. Complete 9/11
sturgeon surgeon
Full Member
Last edited:
II today at 9:50am, completed 9/7! IS, LM = 77. So excited, my first II 😍
Yeah, an additional tab in the status screen appears that says "Interview" and the note is "under review"
Congrats to everyone with a II! Did your status change to under review or anything before hearing back?
Yeah, an additional tab in the status screen appears that says "Interview" and the note is "under review"
Anyone OOS with a II yet? And if so, what was your complete date?
thecloverdoc
Full Member
IS complete 9/18/2020. No II yet, hopefully I can hear within them from a week (since the people that got an II today were on 9/11).
My first choice school 100%. PRAYERS
My first choice school 100%. PRAYERS
futuremd25!
Full Member
I’d like to know the same! OOS, but definitely my top choiceAnyone OOS with a II yet? And if so, what was your complete date?
I’m OOS, II last week and complete 7/18!I’d like to know the same! OOS, but definitely my top choice
Accidentally posted the wrong II here... I am OOS and did get an II for UMD a few weeks ago though, scheduled for Nov. 16th and was complete 7/31
futuremd25!
Full Member
Huge congrats!! What were your stats if you don’t mind me asking?I’m OOS, II last week and complete 7/18!
futuremd25!
Full Member
Congrats as well!! What were your stats if you don’t mind me asking?Accidentally posted the wrong II here... I am OOS and did get an II for UMD a few weeks ago though, scheduled for Nov. 16th and was complete 7/31
Thank you! Feel free to message me for statsHuge congrats!! What were your stats if you don’t mind me asking?
Last edited:
Should be in sig, but LM 68, I'm URM and I went to undergrad in Bmore so that may play a factor tooCongrats as well!! What were your stats if you don’t mind me asking?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1017749
How did you guys send thank you letters post II? Is there a way to do it in the portal?
I just emailed the two individual interviewers using the emails they provided us yesterday morning!How did you guys send thank you letters post II? Is there a way to do it in the portal?
anyone knows what time the decisions will be released
I remember a classmate of mine posted his decision around 10 am last year, so maybe sometime near then.
tinytiredmed
New Member
Accepted!!! Email was received about a half hour ago for me 🙂
premed576298
New Member
Congrats!!! When did you interview?Accepted!!! Email was received about a half hour ago for me 🙂