-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Maryland
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
tinytiredmed
New Member
Same here LOL I was like I’m definitely not OOS - I’ll wait a little too, I think they’re still figuring it outMine was OOS and still hasn't been changed! I got my A on 10/20 and submitted the residency form the same day. I'm just going to wait a bit longer before I reach out
EDIT: I've lived in MD literally my entire life and go to undergrad here so my residency is def IS lol
tinytiredmed
New Member
So my status is in my acceptance letter, but I have no idea how to check the status of my residency form I submitted too and I think way back in the summer, but haven’t had an update sincePardon my ignorance, where do you check if you are in-state or out-of-state? I am currently IS, and also submitted my residency form. But I am not sure where to check this status.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ok. I was placed on hold pre-II. Gonna put my stats here too. GPAc: 3.89, GPAs: 3.72, MCAT: 514, 2k clinical hours, over 1k volunteering hours, one year of research experience (which I hated). I'm also IS and a UMD grad (2021). I know this is presumptuous, but I was mildly surprised I was put on hold. I know two people with lower stats than me who both got IIs, one of whom got an acceptance. On one hand I'm extremely disappointed, but I'm also not entirely surprised. I've heard lots of horror stories over the past few years about people with 517 MCATS and 3.9 GPAS who don't get an II or an A from UMSOM. I'm also not surprised because I honestly don't think I'm a good fit for UMSOM, so if they reviewed my app holistically they might have gotten that impression too.
Does anyone have any idea about the likelihood of getting an II when put on hold?
Does anyone have any idea about the likelihood of getting an II when put on hold?
"acceptance is not guaranteed on the basis of excellent grades and MCAT scores alone. Each application undergoes a thorough holistic review." -this is directly from their admissions website under the Selection Process tab. Sorry you got put on hold 🙁Ok. I was placed on hold pre-II. Gonna put my stats here too. GPAc: 3.89, GPAs: 3.72, MCAT: 514, 2k clinical hours, over 1k volunteering hours, one year of research experience (which I hated). I'm also IS and a UMD grad (2021). I know this is presumptuous, but I was mildly surprised I was put on hold. I know two people with lower stats than me who both got IIs, one of whom got an acceptance. On one hand I'm extremely disappointed, but I'm also not entirely surprised. I've heard lots of horror stories over the past few years about people with 517 MCATS and 3.9 GPAS who don't get an II or an A from UMSOM. I'm also not surprised because I honestly don't think I'm a good fit for UMSOM, so if they reviewed my app holistically they might have gotten that impression too.
Does anyone have any idea about the likelihood of getting an II when put on hold?
The Selection Process | University of Maryland School of Medicine
Thanks-- honestly it's really ok. If I feel I'm not a good fit, I'm sure they felt so too. I thought my secondary responses were pretty good, but I don't think I'm the type of candidate they're looking for lol. Best of luck to everyone else on hold who really wants UMSOM."acceptance is not guaranteed on the basis of excellent grades and MCAT scores alone. Each application undergoes a thorough holistic review." -this is directly from their admissions website under the Selection Process tab. Sorry you got put on hold 🙁
The Selection Process | University of Maryland School of Medicine
MD.Loading
Full Member
I don't see any stats...is it supposed to be right under your message?II today, a bright spot in a kinda bad week 😍 Complete 8/5, stats in signature! I don't know if it's different for MSTP but I was assigned a date in early December
wpneuro
Full Member
I don't see any stats...is it supposed to be right under your message?
Yeah, it's in my signature! You can't see it on mobile (would have to go to my profile to see), but it should be visible on desktop right under my post.
Just unlock your phone and turn it sideways!Yeah, it's in my signature! You can't see it on mobile (would have to go to my profile to see), but it should be visible on desktop right under my post.
PoorProspects
Full Member
II this morning. Complete late July/early August. Only February dates available 🙂
Edit: OOS & ORM w/ LM 80
Edit: OOS & ORM w/ LM 80
Last edited:
wegotthis20201234
Full Member
Anyone else not heard back despite being complete mid-October (post September 27/28 MCAT)?
MD.Loading
Full Member
Mid October is actually mad late. It's hard to tell but still may be a while. I submitted in september and just recently received word I was on hold. Just wait it out.Anyone else not heard back despite being complete mid-October (post September 27/28 MCAT)?
wegotthis20201234
Full Member
Yeah I just wasn't sure but I took my MCAT on 9/27 and they didn't release scores until 10/13 :/ I submitted my secondary responses on 9/1 thoMid October is actually mad late. It's hard to tell but still may be a while. I submitted in september and just recently received word I was on hold. Just wait it out.
I heard back and was complete toward the end of October. I don’t think they review in order.Anyone else not heard back despite being complete mid-October (post September 27/28 MCAT)?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
mindyproject98
Full Member
II just now! Looks like the closest available dates are in Feb!
bodynotfondofcoffee
Full Member
II just now as well! OOS LM 74 complete 7/24
I am!Anyone interested in an admitted students GroupMe? 😊
tinytiredmed
New Member
Me too!Anyone interested in an admitted students GroupMe? 😊
+1Sigh... just received a pre-interview Hold. The finger of the Monkey's Paw must have curled after I wished aloud for some news from schools.
+1, IS, LM 71, complete 10/8, never went under reviewSigh... just received a pre-interview Hold. The finger of the Monkey's Paw must have curled after I wished aloud for some news from schools.
D
deleted1038508
Pre II Hold LM 80.75 OOS sad
IS just got the hold as well. Is there any chances for an II later or is this a soft R?
D
deleted1038508
Also wondering thisIS just got the hold as well. Is there any chances for an II later or is this a soft R?
D
deleted1041819
Pre-II Hold as well, but I was notified on Nov. 10th. Preparing an update letter now.IS, pre II Hold. Completely 8/1.
This just ruined my day sigh.
In-state, LM 70, ORM, Complete 07/29/2020.
SpreadKindness20
Full Member
Are holds communicated via email or are you guys just seeing that in your portal?
D
deleted1041819
I received an email.Are holds communicated via email or are you guys just seeing that in your portal?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am!!Anyone interested in an admitted students GroupMe? 😊
Yes, I have that.Does anyone else have a 500 Error on their portal's "status" page?
me tooDoes anyone else have a 500 Error on their portal's "status" page?
+1me too
I haven't had any decision, its just had my complete date since submission on there.+1 Is it possible its a coming pre ii hold? Or have you all received ii / decisions?
thecloverdoc
Full Member
I'm already on pre-II hold, and I have it as well. I believe it is just a website issue 🙂
must be- seems like a variety of people have it regardless of status 🙂I'm already on pre-II hold, and I have it as well. I believe it is just a website issue 🙂
I have an interview coming up so I think it’s just a site error/possible maintenance+1 Is it possible its a coming pre ii hold? Or have you all received ii / decisions? I haven't received anything since being complete
Agreed, mine is fixed now. Sorry for inducing unwarranted panic. 😆I have an interview coming up so I think it’s just a site error/possible maintenance
kris111816
Full Member
II this morning! OOS with ties to the area, LM ~69, completed 8/6 and the earliest date to schedule was 2/17!
Anyone know if the "under review" icon is foreshadowing of good things to come (i.e., II) or is it just a general status update for all applications?
It's not a generic status update here like it is for other schools, it means you're actually under review. You can expect to hear something back soon (haven't seen any rejections so far so it'll likely be an II or pre-II hold). Best of luck!Anyone know if the "under review" icon is foreshadowing of good things to come (i.e., II) or is it just a general status update for all applications?
Last edited:
Thank you!It's not a generic status update here like it is for other schools, it means you're actually under review. You can expect to hear something back soon (haven't seen any rejections so far it'll likely be an II or pre-II hold). Best of luck!
ArmyMDhopeful2020
Full Member
Is a pre-II hold effectively a soft rejection then?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Pre-II hold this morning, complete late July I think
grizz411
Full Member
+1Pre-II hold this morning, complete late July I think
effervescentseaotter
Full Member
Put on pre-II hold. OOS ORM but have some-ish connections to the school, does anyone know if its a soft R?
dramanaut9518
Full Member
Just got put on hold. Complete early August, OOS, LM 70 with ties to state. Is this a soft R or do people get IIs that were on hold?