2020-2021 Miami (Miller)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
did you interview in march? did anyone else that interview in march hear back at all?
I’m sorry to hear that but at least you’re still in the running! When did you interview?
Anyone know what it means if we haven’t heard anything, waitlist or acceptance? I interviewed 2/8, assuming its a waitlist but weird seeing others got official waitlist confirmation?

I interviewed on February 8th! Also, I had sent an email requesting my status today (I've been waiting for March 24th for an eon), and they replied a hour later or so. May be safe to assume if you haven't been called/emailed an A by now you're WL.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know what it means if we haven’t heard anything, waitlist or acceptance? I interviewed 2/8, assuming its a waitlist but weird seeing others got official waitlist confirmation?
I'm in the same boat. Interviewed 2/12 and silence since then.

Does anyone who interviewed 03/12 know when our decisions are expected to be released?

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone who interviewed 03/12 know when our decisions are expected to be released?
I interviewed that date also and I just remember her saying we’d hear back on 3/24 at the earliest. So other than that I have no idea since there’s no more official decision dates.

I interviewed that date also and I just remember her saying we’d hear back on 3/24 at the earliest. So other than that I have no idea since there’s no more official decision dates.
They meet biweekly and there's a lot of waitlist movement in April. So I'd say either:

April 7th/8th, April 15th/16th, April 21st/22nd, or April 30th/May 3rd

Just got the alternate list email. I've gotten 5 Florida MD II and 5 WL :-////. I thought Miami would be the one lol

got the alternate list email as well. has there been any movement off the alternate list earlier in the cycle?

Members don't see this ad :)
got the alternate list email as well. has there been any movement off the alternate list earlier in the cycle?
I don’t think it starts moving until all decision days which would be like now. Someone correct me if I’m wrong

Got the alternate list email just now too :'(
I feel kind of dumb because I had hope that I was accepted because my status said: "We hope you enjoy your visit to our campus. Your final Admissions Committee decision will be available shortly. Contact the admissions office at 305-243-3234 or [email protected] if you do not receive a telephone call, an e-mail or a letter within seven days." And I was thinking maybe that means I was accepted since it says we hope in the present tense and it doesn't make sense otherwise? Idk. I'm tired of this cycle.

• Care
Got the alternate list email just now too :'(
I feel kind of dumb because I had hope that I was accepted because my status said: "We hope you enjoy your visit to our campus. Your final Admissions Committee decision will be available shortly. Contact the admissions office at 305-243-3234 or [email protected] if you do not receive a telephone call, an e-mail or a letter within seven days." And I was thinking maybe that means I was accepted since it says we hope in the present tense and it doesn't make sense otherwise? Idk. I'm tired of this cycle.
+1

Just reposting -- Based on what they've told me, they still continue to meet biweekly and in general (at all programs) there's waitlist movement in April. So I'd say for us WL folks, if we get off the waitlist it'll probably be around either:

April 7th/8th (meeting)
April 15th/16th (national movement)
April 21st/22nd (meeting)
April 30th/May 3rd (national movement)

Reactions: 1 users
Just reposting -- Based on what they've told me, they still continue to meet biweekly and in general (at all programs) there's waitlist movement in April. So I'd say for us WL folks, if we get off the waitlist it'll probably be around either:

April 7th/8th (meeting)
Do you know how much WL movement they usually have?

i think i got back to everyone who had PM'd me. if not, im sorry lol and send me another message so i can find it easily!

April 7th/8th (meeting)
Can you clarify what you mean by this? They’ll meet April 7,8,15,16 but only notify people on the latter two days?

At this point, if we haven't gotten a call, we can assume we are waitlisted correct?

At this point, if we haven't gotten a call, we can assume we are waitlisted correct?

Yes it would be exceedingly rare for you to have not received communications about an acceptance by now. Only caveat would be if you interviewed recently and they just haven’t reviewed you yet (by recently I mean on or after March 15th)

I wonder why they only send official waitlists to some and not to others. I interviewed in early January and haven't heard anything either, I emailed admissions asking about the status, and never got a response. The waiting is bruuuuutal

• Hmm
I wonder why they only send official waitlists to some and not to others. I interviewed in early January and haven't heard anything either, I emailed admissions asking about the status, and never got a response. The waiting is bruuuuutal
tbh im not entirely sure but if you havent gotten communication that youve been waitlisted i guess it could be that they havent reveiwed you? does your portal say that youll be contacted within 7 days with a decision?

tbh im not entirely sure but if you havent gotten communication that youve been waitlisted i guess it could be that they havent reveiwed you? does your portal say that youll be contacted within 7 days with a decision?
The portal still has, "decisions are usually made within 4-6 weeks of the interview. You will be notified...." and it also has a line that says, "your application and interview report will be reviewed a final time by the Admissions Committee."

The portal still has, "decisions are usually made within 4-6 weeks of the interview. You will be notified...." and it also has a line that says, "your application and interview report will be reviewed a final time by the Admissions Committee."
then i think its that they havent reviewed you yet. Sometimes the interviewers take a bit longer to submit their reports

I was wondering this too. I wonder if those of us that got a waitlist right away scored lower. Hopefully not, but just my anxiety talking lol.

Last edited:
I was wondering this too. I wonder if those of us that got a waitlist right away scored lower. Hopefully not, but just my anxiety talking lol. Their admissions department is so unorganized.
I kind of feel like it is the opposite. It means we were talked about in the meeting, so I feel like that is a good thing. But as always, who knows...

Anybody receive a confirmation after emailing the admissions office to reserve their spot on the alternate list?

So at this point in the cycle, if we didn't get scored, we're pretty much not getting an interview, right?

I interviewed in mid March, and I have not received any information on whether or not I am on the alternate list or not. What does this mean?
Just means your interviewers didn’t submit their reports by the time of the adcom meeting. I did see one person above who got in after interviewing on the 12th which makes them lucky in that sense

Just means your interviewers didn’t submit their reports by the time of the adcom meeting. I did see one person above who got in after interviewing on the 12th which makes them lucky in that sense
I figured that was the case. Do you have any idea how many spots are left in the class?

I figured that was the case. Do you have any idea how many spots are left in the class?
nope wish I could have that info for ya'll. I know for my cycle they had a good amount of waitlist movement and I know many people in the class who had interviewed in March (they used to have pictures of our interview days up on a wall). But last cycle they didn't really have that much waitlist movement at least on SDN. Things haven't been that different for admissions this year so I wouldn't expect way too much movement. From peoples posts on here seems like they've given a similar amount of acceptances as past cycles and I know that they interviewed the same amount as well

nope wish I could have that info for ya'll. I know for my cycle they had a good amount of waitlist movement and I know many people in the class who had interviewed in March (they used to have pictures of our interview days up on a wall). But last cycle they didn't really have that much waitlist movement at least on SDN. Things haven't been that different for admissions this year so I wouldn't expect way too much movement. From peoples posts on here seems like they've given a similar amount of acceptances as past cycles and I know that they interviewed the same amount as well
Good to know. I'm sweating over here b/c Miami is my top choice...they stole me lol

Are they going to send us anything for non merit scholarships? I haven’t received any communications and I can’t even join the fb group.

Anyone has sent in update letters after interview and accepted? I have some questions.