-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Stony Brook
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
applicant20
Full Member
anyone know if stony brook is receptive to matching other schools' scholarships?
I would like to know this too, or at least the max scholarship that they're known to give out?
wait listed today at 12:15PM , let's see what happens lol
when did you interview?wait listed today at 12:15PM , let's see what happens lol
02/19when did you interview?
Same lol. Feels great to wait 3+ months for a WL 🙂Placed on Regular waitlist after 01/12 interview. IS. Alumni of undergrad and grad school. Feelings still hurt lol
ecuacor
Full Member
There's a regular WL and a HP WL?
Yes. Previous comments on this thread have mentioned receiving HPWL.
D
deleted1008763
Is there a different email for the high priority?
Yes, HPWL explicitly states that you are on the HPWL
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone heard a decision post HPWL email/any WL movement at all?
I wish! Are you on the WL or HPWL gang?Has anyone heard a decision post HPWL email/any WL movement at all?
They said at the info session before my interview that they won't start pulling from the waitlist until after April 30thHas anyone heard a decision post HPWL email/any WL movement at all?
So is it safe to say the regular WL is essentially an R?
People have been pulled from the regular in the past. This year with online interviews, applications across schools were up 20-30%, there’s a lot of acceptances that won’t matriculate. But I also believe the waitlist may be bigger in expectation of this. There’s always a chance. But when you ask “is it safe” to assume it’s an R, yea it’s safe. And it’s smart. Prepare for the worst my friend, it’s the only thing we can do in the face of uncertainty.So is it safe to say the regular WL is essentially an R?
Does anyone here have insight on how much time you have to decide if they take you off the HPWL?
I don't know if this will help or hurt, but I was looking at the thread from last year, and it seemed like some people were just straight up ghosted post interview for some reason. There were a few people who didn't find out until late May what their decision was and some people who just withdrew without finding out. One person did state that they reached out to the office and was accepted just 10 minutes later. Not sure if any of this applies to you (or anyone else in this situation), but it can't hurt to reach out since it has likely been more than 6 weeks for you guys now. Hoping you all hear back soon!!Damn still nothing. Wondering when they'll get around to people who interviewed in March
You saw this for March interviewers in last year's thread?I don't know if this will help or hurt, but I was looking at the thread from last year, and it seemed like some people were just straight up ghosted post interview for some reason. There were a few people who didn't find out until late May what their decision was and some people who just withdrew without finding out. One person did state that they reached out to the office and was accepted just 10 minutes later. Not sure if any of this applies to you (or anyone else in this situation), but it can't hurt to reach out since it has likely been more than 6 weeks for you guys now. Hoping you all hear back soon!!
Also I'm not sure if anyone remembers, but did Barbara Miller at the admissions department say that we can contact them after 8 weeks if we haven't heard back. Pretty sure I remember her saying that just before the zoom interview but I'm not 100% sure.
Last edited:
I saw it for February interviewees! So like I said, idk if it helps at all, but I’m sure you can at least reach out to put your mind at ease? She did say we can reach out after the 6-8 week timeframeYou saw this for March interviewers in last year's thread?
Awesome thanks. I'll probably reach out next week because this is week 8 for me so I think I'll ride the rest of the week out and see if anything happensI saw it for February interviewees! So like I said, idk if it helps at all, but I’m sure you can at least reach out to put your mind at ease? She did say we can reach out after the 6-8 week timeframe
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
TheCyclingRedwood
Full Member
Was looking into this too. Although I'm not quite sure what the exact answer is, people receiving acceptances after April 30th usually have to make a final decision by a school's "commit to enroll deadline," which is typically in beginning to mid July.Does anyone here have insight on how much time you have to decide if they take you off the HPWL?
From the AMCAS "Application and Acceptance Protocols for Applicants": "If you receive additional acceptances following April 30, it is your responsibility to promptly notify any school(s) you have decided to not attend. Your decision should be made by the deadline established by the medical school(s)."
I'm hoping more news would be given in an acceptance email. Hope this helps, and best of luck!
I have no idea....but unless you are expecting an influx of key information this afternoon, you might as well just make that decision now. I wouldn't wait until midnight. 😉
Hey! SO happy to have you join the HPWL gang!! (and also so happy you finally heard back!!!) --> now the sad memes can be about this long AF wait! Last year, it seemed like people got pulled 2nd week of May!HPWL interviewed early March. Has anyone gotten off the regular WL or HPWL yet this cycle?
Do we think everyone from the HPWL gets off? Last year I saw that both HPWL and regular WL received offers
rintohsaka
Full Member
HPWL just now, going to withdraw--goodluck everyone!
When did you interview?HPWL just now, going to withdraw--goodluck everyone!
Something interesting I think I’ve noticed is that nobody who interviewed and got a decision prior to January was placed on HPWL. Could it be that some folks who were placed on the WL back then are actually within HPWL “range” now but that wasn’t apparent due to the small list size back then? Or perhaps people who interviewed prior to January that the committee wanted to put on the HPWL and not the regular WL just had to wait longer for their decision?
Thanks for the warm welcome! And yeah hopefully the wait won't be too long lmaoHey! SO happy to have you join the HPWL gang!! (and also so happy you finally heard back!!!) --> now the sad memes can be about this long AF wait! Last year, it seemed like people got pulled 2nd week of May!
ecuacor
Full Member
Was a specific percentage given on the probability of getting accepted from HPWL on the email? I'm on the normal waitlist and my email stated "At this time, we cannot predict how many applicants will ultimately be accepted off of the wait list. In the past, approximately 30% of the matriculating students were accepted from the wait list."
They didn't give a percentage. All they said was "based on our prior history of acceptances, the likelihood of us offering you a seat is very high."Was a specific percentage given on the probability of getting accepted from HPWL on the email? I'm on the normal waitlist and my email stated "At this time, we cannot predict how many applicants will ultimately be accepted off of the wait list. In the past, approximately 30% of the matriculating students were accepted from the wait list."
rintohsaka
Full Member
feb/march ish i think?When did you interview?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just withdrew my A as I’ll be attending a school closer to home. GL waitlist homies
BeepboopCosmic2019
Full Member
Has anyone heard from the MSTP?
Hi everyone! I heard that Stonybrook has switched to pass/fail for all preclinicals.
Would any current students lurking be able to confirm this??
Would any current students lurking be able to confirm this??
I appreciate this energyManifesting an A this week from the HPWL