-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Stony Brook
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I wouldn’t worry, the earliest acceptances posted on SDN was on May 12th last year. I’m sure they’re just a couple days delayed. I think there will definitely be WL movement since they were still placing people on the HPWL even after April 30thI'm getting so worried...I'm not sure why anyone hasn't really heard back at all yet
Yeah!! I know you’re right but I’m just getting worried, idk! Also do we think that they accept everyone off of HPWL before dipping into WL?I wouldn’t worry, the earliest acceptances posted on SDN was on May 12th last year. I’m sure they’re just a couple days delayed. I think there will definitely be WL movement since they were still placing people on the HPWL even after April 30th
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I wish they would just let us know if there's supposed to be a delay, you know? It's the lack of transparency that's so hard
I hope that by the last week of may both the HPWL and WL ppl will have heard back 🤔
Has anyone emailed/heard from admissions about when we can expect waitlist movement? It looks like it's not happening today and I'm just surprised that there's been absolutely no movement for the first 2 weeks (as far as we know at least)
2025gradclass
Full Member
Hopefully this means they're really looking at our files lol!
BeepboopCosmic2019
Full Member
Has anyone heard from the MSTP?
Maybe today?
Congrats! Were you on the HPWL? Also, what time did you hear from them?Got the A via email this AM. Will be declining though.
No. This is my first correspondence with them post interview.Congrats! Were you on the HPWL? Also, what time did you hear from them?
Oh wow that’s actually so crazy!!!No. This is my first correspondence with them post interview.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
grizz411
Full Member
Hoping this means they’re still trying to fill their class and we’ll see some WL movement soon :,)No. This is my first correspondence with them post interview.
BeepboopCosmic2019
Full Member
Has anyone heard from the MSTP?
postpone-malone26
Full Member
When did you interview?Got the A via email this AM. Will be declining though.
March 1stWhen did you interview?
How long did they give you to respond to the offer?March 1st
Under 24hrsHow long did they give you to respond to the offer?
Oh wow that’s a lot of pressure!! Also thanks for answering all of our questions!Under 24hrs
Tried calling but no one answered! Anyone else?Has anyone emailed/heard from admissions about when we can expect waitlist movement? It looks like it's not happening today and I'm just surprised that there's been absolutely no movement for the first 2 weeks (as far as we know at least)
Little late in the day now (eastern time). Might have better luck with an email.Tried calling but no one answered! Anyone else?
LOL let us know if you do get through/hear back! I am high-key stressed out....I think if enough of us call it might annoy them enough to do something? 🤣Tried calling but no one answered! Anyone else?
girllllimanxious
Full Member
lol I just sent them an email so hopefully they answer!LOL let us know if you do get through/hear back! I am high-key stressed out....I think if enough of us call it might annoy them enough to do something? 🤣
lol any response?lol I just sent them an email so hopefully they answer!
Anyone ever get back to you ?Tried calling but no one answered! Anyone else?
girllllimanxious
Full Member
They said “Thank you for your email. Please be advised that the Committee on Admissions is currently working on reviewing your application. You will receive an email once a final decision has been made.” Not sure if that helps at all!lol any response?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Bro sounds like youre getting in soon...They said “Thank you for your email. Please be advised that the Committee on Admissions is currently working on reviewing your application. You will receive an email once a final decision has been made.” Not sure if that helps at all!
D
deleted1008763
They said “Thank you for your email. Please be advised that the Committee on Admissions is currently working on reviewing your application. You will receive an email once a final decision has been made.” Not sure if that helps at all!
Are you still waiting to hear back post II or were you placed on the HPWL/WL?
girllllimanxious
Full Member
You think so?? I took it more like a generic we will get back to you when we do email?Bro sounds like youre getting in soon...
girllllimanxious
Full Member
Still waiting to hear back after my interview from early marchAre you still waiting to hear back post II or were you placed on the HPWL/WL?
BeepboopCosmic2019
Full Member
Has anyone heard from the MSTP?
girllllimanxious
Full Member
Update: I got placed on the high priority waitlist today!They said “Thank you for your email. Please be advised that the Committee on Admissions is currently working on reviewing your application. You will receive an email once a final decision has been made.” Not sure if that helps at all!
purplemed98274
New Member
I was placed on the HPWL on March 1st. Reached out to the Administrative Assistant today regarding waitlist movement. Her response:
Thank you for your email. The waitlist is ranked and confidential. At this time, we cannot predict how many applicants will ultimately be accepted off of the wait list. Movement continues until the class is full.
We will contact you if/when there is any change to your status at our school.
Thank you for your continued interest in Stony Brook University School of Medicine.
Thank you for your email. The waitlist is ranked and confidential. At this time, we cannot predict how many applicants will ultimately be accepted off of the wait list. Movement continues until the class is full.
We will contact you if/when there is any change to your status at our school.
Thank you for your continued interest in Stony Brook University School of Medicine.
Were you on a waitlist or HPWL?Got a "we would like to offer you an acceptance, tell us by tomorrow if you're still interested in coming" email today, but I said no. Hope the spot goes to one of you fine peeps 🙂
Nope, this was the first communication from them since interviewing (in early March). I didn't send in any updates/LOI etc after interviewing either.Were you on a waitlist or HPWL?
still no WL movement..? 😳
Is the class size full? I’m so confused. It also seems like they haven’t released MSTP decisions (based on the posts), so maybe they’re running behind?
Called today. Waitlist movement has started.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Started today? Or it's been ongoing?Called today. Waitlist movement has started.
I have noooo idea. She said that it started recently?Started today? Or it's been ongoing?
supersleepy
Full Member
Hello friends! I was put on the HPWL like a month ago and was super hopeful for stony based on past threads, but I see that WL movement has started...are other people on the HPWL reapplying this upcoming cycle or waiting for WL movement to continue? I’m so anxious 😟
D
deleted1008763
Hello friends! I was put on the HPWL like a month ago and was super hopeful for stony based on past threads, but I see that WL movement has started...are other people on the HPWL reapplying this upcoming cycle or waiting for WL movement to continue? I’m so anxious 😟
I'm hopeful for Stony Brook to pull through, but I've been preparing for a reapp. Got another year of plans set and will be submitting my primary in the upcoming week after finalizing it. However, I'm only submitting to one school so I'm only out $140 instead of $1800 in case I come off the HPWL. I will add more schools closer to data transmission day if I still haven't heard back by then.
supersleepy
Full Member
Oh that’s smart, I have been making plans for the next year in case but I’ve been dreading the reapp :/ was really hoping we would’ve heard back by now, I’m on 2 other WL but Stony Brook is the only school where I feel like I actually might still have a shotI'm hopeful for Stony Brook to pull through, but I've been preparing for a reapp. Got another year of plans set and will be submitting my primary in the upcoming week after finalizing it. However, I'm only submitting to one school so I'm only out $140 instead of $1800 in case I come off the HPWL. I will add more schools closer to data transmission day if I still haven't heard back by then.