2020-2021 Stony Brook

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm getting so worried...I'm not sure why anyone hasn't really heard back at all yet

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
I'm getting so worried...I'm not sure why anyone hasn't really heard back at all yet
I wouldn’t worry, the earliest acceptances posted on SDN was on May 12th last year. I’m sure they’re just a couple days delayed. I think there will definitely be WL movement since they were still placing people on the HPWL even after April 30th

Reactions: 2 users
I wouldn’t worry, the earliest acceptances posted on SDN was on May 12th last year. I’m sure they’re just a couple days delayed. I think there will definitely be WL movement since they were still placing people on the HPWL even after April 30th
Yeah!! I know you’re right but I’m just getting worried, idk! Also do we think that they accept everyone off of HPWL before dipping into WL?

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I wish they would just let us know if there's supposed to be a delay, you know? It's the lack of transparency that's so hard

I hope that by the last week of may both the HPWL and WL ppl will have heard back :unsure:

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
This wait is taking so long but hopefully we’ll hear back soon!

• Care
Has anyone emailed/heard from admissions about when we can expect waitlist movement? It looks like it's not happening today and I'm just surprised that there's been absolutely no movement for the first 2 weeks (as far as we know at least)

Reactions: 3 users
Maybe today?
Bored Daily Show GIF by CTV Comedy Channel

• Hmm
  • Wow
Reactions: 6 users
Got the A via email this AM. Will be declining though.

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
No. This is my first correspondence with them post interview.
Hoping this means they’re still trying to fill their class and we’ll see some WL movement soon :,)

Reactions: 4 users
Has anyone emailed/heard from admissions about when we can expect waitlist movement? It looks like it's not happening today and I'm just surprised that there's been absolutely no movement for the first 2 weeks (as far as we know at least)
Tried calling but no one answered! Anyone else?

Tried calling but no one answered! Anyone else?
LOL let us know if you do get through/hear back! I am high-key stressed out....I think if enough of us call it might annoy them enough to do something? :rofl:

Yea this wait is excruciatingly long

lol any response?
They said “Thank you for your email. Please be advised that the Committee on Admissions is currently working on reviewing your application. You will receive an email once a final decision has been made.” Not sure if that helps at all!

Reactions: 1 user
They said “Thank you for your email. Please be advised that the Committee on Admissions is currently working on reviewing your application. You will receive an email once a final decision has been made.” Not sure if that helps at all!
Bro sounds like youre getting in soon...

Are you still waiting to hear back post II or were you placed on the HPWL/WL?

Update: I got placed on the high priority waitlist today!

I was placed on the HPWL on March 1st. Reached out to the Administrative Assistant today regarding waitlist movement. Her response:

Thank you for your email. The waitlist is ranked and confidential. At this time, we cannot predict how many applicants will ultimately be accepted off of the wait list. Movement continues until the class is full.

We will contact you if/when there is any change to your status at our school.

Thank you for your continued interest in Stony Brook University School of Medicine.

Reactions: 6 users
Got a "we would like to offer you an acceptance, tell us by tomorrow if you're still interested in coming" email today, but I said no. Hope the spot goes to one of you fine peeps :)

Got a "we would like to offer you an acceptance, tell us by tomorrow if you're still interested in coming" email today, but I said no. Hope the spot goes to one of you fine peeps :)
Were you on a waitlist or HPWL?

Were you on a waitlist or HPWL?
Nope, this was the first communication from them since interviewing (in early March). I didn't send in any updates/LOI etc after interviewing either.

Is the class size full? I’m so confused. It also seems like they haven’t released MSTP decisions (based on the posts), so maybe they’re running behind?

The released MSTP decision back in January - March (at least the first wave). I am not sure about waitlist movement. I personally withdrew 2 weeks ago.

Hello friends! I was put on the HPWL like a month ago and was super hopeful for stony based on past threads, but I see that WL movement has started...are other people on the HPWL reapplying this upcoming cycle or waiting for WL movement to continue? I’m so anxious 😟

• Care
Hello friends! I was put on the HPWL like a month ago and was super hopeful for stony based on past threads, but I see that WL movement has started...are other people on the HPWL reapplying this upcoming cycle or waiting for WL movement to continue? I’m so anxious 😟

I'm hopeful for Stony Brook to pull through, but I've been preparing for a reapp. Got another year of plans set and will be submitting my primary in the upcoming week after finalizing it. However, I'm only submitting to one school so I'm only out $140 instead of $1800 in case I come off the HPWL. I will add more schools closer to data transmission day if I still haven't heard back by then.

I'm hopeful for Stony Brook to pull through, but I've been preparing for a reapp. Got another year of plans set and will be submitting my primary in the upcoming week after finalizing it. However, I'm only submitting to one school so I'm only out $140 instead of $1800 in case I come off the HPWL. I will add more schools closer to data transmission day if I still haven't heard back by then.
Oh that’s smart, I have been making plans for the next year in case but I’ve been dreading the reapp :/ was really hoping we would’ve heard back by now, I’m on 2 other WL but Stony Brook is the only school where I feel like I actually might still have a shot

• Care