2020-2021 SUNY - Upstate

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
it couldnt take that long to call 10 people right for acceptances hahaha...

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I am aware that Upstate sent acceptance emails very early this morning for folks who got the Decision Made status on their portal in this decision wave. I'm not sure if there was only one wave of those emails or not though.

I am aware that Upstate sent acceptance emails very early this morning for folks who got the Decision Made status on their portal. I'm not sure if there was only one wave of those emails or not though.

Ok..then that means I either got WL or R rip.. :(

EDIT: I just called them to see where they are at. The lady told me that sometimes they input "decision made" and still needs some time to write up the letters for the students. She told me to wait until monday or tuesday but they did send out some acceptances this morning apparently
Maybe they are writing up a different letter for me other than the A letter halp lol

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone still stuck in the Hold: Re-review after Dec 1st phase?

Reactions: 7 users

EDIT: I just called them to see where they are at. The lady told me that sometimes they input "decision made" and still needs some time to write up the letters for the students. She told me to wait until monday or tuesday but they did send out some acceptances this morning apparently
Maybe they are writing up a different letter for me other than the A letter halp lol
Well I'm rooting for ya! They have had a fairly messy cycle with all their IT problems so I wouldn't assume anything until you actually get the final email!

• Care
Reactions: 3 users

Did you apply as MDPhD? / when did you interview ~

My application still says "Ready For Committee," I interviewed 12/16 so I know I still got some time before they start making decisions for that day. Does the status typically change to "under review" and then to "decision made?"

MSTP but I was accepted via a phone call from the program director yesterday and my portal still said/still says "Ready for committee review" he told me my portal would be updated in the next couple days tho

• Love
is there anyone else here who applied as md/phd interviewed 12/3 and have not heard back yet

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you! MD program, and my portal status changed to "Decision Made" yesterday morning.
Oh yay!!!! I got so neurotic when my status changed to "Decision Made" this morning and heard that some people got As this morning but not me.

So they seem to need a day or two after the decision made status to send anything..

• Love
Congrats to everyone who was accepted this week, I was accepted a few months ago and plan on committing to upstate, hope to meet you all in the summer!

For people who interviewed, is it just 2 interviews and then zoom call ends or is there other stuff going on during interview day (group meeting w/ students or etc)? Interviewing tomorrow and they didn't say too much. How long is virtual interview day typically?

For people who interviewed, is it just 2 interviews and then zoom call ends or is there other stuff going on during interview day (group meeting w/ students or etc)? Interviewing tomorrow and they didn't say too much. How long is virtual interview day typically?
+1. Trying to figure this out.

For us we just followed the schedule they provided for us which included group meeting with the program director etc. but this was for the mdphd interview so im not sure how helpful it is!

+2 Have the II in 2 days would like to know as well :) I do think however it is 2 back to back interviews and that is it because on the portal they have all the links for the info sessions and virtual tours but not sure

Hi, from what I remember we had a quick introduction at the beginning explaining how the day would go (no icebreakers or anything like that just logistics), then just the 2 back to back interviews, and a quick recap at the end where they gave us an email to send thank you notes to, etc.

Hey for those who have interviewed already. If you were interviewed by a staff member from the admissions committee, where did you send the thank you note? Thanks!

When are people who interviewed the week of December 14 supposed to hear back? They said four weeks And like the first week of January during the interview.

When are people who interviewed the week of December 14 supposed to hear back? They said four weeks And like the first week of January during the interview.
+1.

Interviewed 12/16. I'd imagine since they were ~2 weeks late on the December 3rd crew, we should know within the next 2 weeks as well. Fingers crossed and good luck!

+1.

Interviewed 12/16. I'd imagine since they were ~2 weeks late on the December 3rd crew, we should know within the next 2 weeks as well. Fingers crossed and good luck!
true but on interview day they said the holidays wouldn't delay us and we would know right after new years... guess we wait

true but on interview day they said the holidays wouldn't delay us and we would know right after new years... guess we wait
i think earlier in the thread a couple of people from the 12/3 interview day got emails saying covid delayed them. Regardless, you're right...now we wait!

Just withdrew from my interview, hope it goes to one of you!!

Reactions: 8 users
MD/PHD interviewed on 12/3. My status finally changed to "Decision Made" this morning, but no sign of an acceptance call...
This has been my only interview : (

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
MD/PHD interviewed on 12/3. My status finally changed to "Decision Made" this morning, but no sign of an acceptance call...
This has been my only interview : (
same 12/3 changed decision made and this was my only interview too :(

• Care
I’m interviewing in a few days. Is it closed file? If so do they have access to any part of your app?

If my interview is coming up but I have an update. Should I wait till afterward to attach an update or do they take pre-II updates

Interviewed 12/16, application still listed as "Ready For Committee," starting to get very nervous lol

I’m interviewing in a few days. Is it closed file? If so do they have access to any part of your app?
If my interview is coming up but I have an update. Should I wait till afterward to attach an update or do they take pre-II updates
It is closed file.
It doesn't really matter when you add the update. That being said, definitely make sure it is in before (and received) by the time your application is reviewed by the AdCom.

I was put on HPWL on Monday (Interviewed 12/9). Did any of you guys on HPWL receive a request for background check from certiphi?

Any recent interviewees feel like it went so fast u don’t even know how u did? 😂

• Haha
nope. can you let me know what your portal says? mine still says "ready for committee." no clue what that means though.
mine has said "under committee review" for a while now (like >2 weeks i think?)

mine has said "under committee review" for a while now (like >2 weeks i think?)
Thank you! Starting to think the portal status is arbitrary...can’t find any sort of pattern at this point.