2020-2021 SUNY - Upstate

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Any accepted students not able to get into their accepted student portal. Mine used to bring me to it when I logged into it with my new credentials but now it just brings me to the applicant menu? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Any accepted students not able to get into their accepted student portal. Mine used to bring me to it when I logged into it with my new credentials but now it just brings me to the applicant menu? Thanks!
do you mean my upstate? or the accepted student checklist in the my upstate site

Reactions: 1 user
For accepted students, does anyone know if we're supposed to pay for the CastleBranch background check already? Or is this something we do later on?

Members don't see this ad :)
For accepted students, does anyone know if we're supposed to pay for the CastleBranch background check already? Or is this something we do later on?
Do they not use certiphi background check? I thought all medical schools did background check via certiphi.. o_O

Do they not use certiphi background check? I thought all medical schools did background check via certiphi.. o_O
That's what I thought as well, but my acceptance letter mentions something about students having to pay for some additional background checks and fingerprints so I wasn't sure if this is something we have to do now.

That's what I thought as well, but my acceptance letter mentions something about students having to pay for some additional background checks and fingerprints so I wasn't sure if this is something we have to do now.
The acceptance letter states med students don't need to do any additional background checks.

This is from the accepted students page:

A background check is required by the University for all incoming students. Acceptance of this offer affirms that you have read the Background Information Sheet and understand your obligations regarding submission of a background check and updating the Office of Admissions with subsequent information. This must be completed prior to orientation.
  • College of Medicine MD, MD/MPH, RMSP, and MD/PhD do not need to complete another background check, as one was completed through AMCAS.
  • College of Graduate Studies PhD accepted students are considered employees of the University and will have employee background checks conducted upon matriculation as graduate assistants.
  • International applicants are not required to submit the SUNY Upstate "My Certified" background check, as a background check is required for the Visa application process.

Members don't see this ad :)
is there on campus housing? do most students live on campus or off campus?

is there on campus housing? do most students live on campus or off campus?
Abou 40-50% of the first-year class lives in Geneva tower (on campus housing). Most other students will live in a nearby building (Jefferson or Madison).

Anybody from the 12/14 or 12/16 interviews heard back yet? My portal still says "Ready for Committee" on the status section.

Anybody from the 12/14 or 12/16 interviews heard back yet? My portal still says "Ready for Committee" on the status section.
12/14 haven't heard anything. Now the 6th week mark. Odd cuz i thought I heard them say 1st week of Jan

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone still on the re-review stage after being placed on hold?

Reactions: 5 users
withdrew from a 2/2 interview, hoping it goes to one of you on the hold list

Reactions: 5 users
Pre-II R today. Was on hold since October. Good luck everyone

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
For those who have interviewed, how long does the entire interview day last? Is it just the two individual interviews ? Thanks in advance.

For those who have interviewed, how long does the entire interview day last? Is it just the two individual interviews ? Thanks in advance.
Just those two so prob like an hour and fifteen including the outro.

I guess the 12/14 week interviewers are praying on early-mid February huh.

• Sad
I guess the 12/14 week interviewers are praying on early-mid February huh.
Really odd. Initially said early Jan. Called a couple weeks back and they said 4-6 weeks. Now close to 7 week mark.

do your portals say "under review" ?
On the main portal page it says: "Your application is under committee review, and you will be notified as soon as a decision has been made."

But when I click on the Fall 2021 link, it says "Ready For Committee."

For those who interviewed for MD/PhD, how long until you got a decision?

So I'm guessing it's going to be awhile for 01/20 interviewees? If there's anything I've learned this cycle, it's that I'm impatient af lol

So I'm guessing it's going to be awhile for 01/20 interviewees? If there's anything I've learned this cycle, it's that I'm impatient af lol
Looks like you have at least 3+ weeks to go mate. You’re not alone. I refresh my emails 100x a day.

-_________________________________________________________________________-