2020-2021 Touro University Nevada College of Osteopathic Medicine (Henderson, NV) TUNCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone been attending the Open House sessions?? I think they're pretty cool, but I reeeeally hope they actually notice our attendance! I'm super hopeful that they'll extend more interviews soon, maybe even based on our extra efforts & attendance. :nailbiting::xf:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I sent in my application on AACOMAS last week and it was verified. Does anyone know how long it will take me to get a secondary?

Members don't see this ad :)
II!!!!!!! Its been a waiting game got the complete 8/26 review 9/27 final review 10/27!!

Hello! I just signed up for my interview slot yesterday and chose the nearest available date which was Nov. 18th. I saw that the earlier dates were full but had the option to be waitlisted. I can't see any appointment options now since they only allow 1 active appointment at a time but does anyone know if you can be both waitlisted for a full interview date AND signed up for one with available seats?

+1. I was wondering did you end up getting off that waitlist for that interview slot? Did you ever get an answer?
edit.. Just got off that waitlist for the interview slot... :) one day later...

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Anyone been attending the Open House sessions?? I think they're pretty cool, but I reeeeally hope they actually notice our attendance! I'm super hopeful that they'll extend more interviews soon, maybe even based on our extra efforts & attendance. :nailbiting::xf:
yes I've been attending too i rly hope they look favorably upon attending since we're there for so long LOL

Did anyone receive the Alumni showcase email tonight? Scared me with “it’s our honor to invite...”

Can we keep our cameras off for the open house sessions?

Can we keep our cameras off for the open house sessions?
You can, but they strongly recommended keeping them on so they could get to know everyone. They said they understand though if you're at work or have kids running around in the background, etc--reasons to not have your camera on.

I withdrew my interview that was scheduled in early December. Hope it goes to one of you :) Good luck!

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Hey does anyone have any thoughts on the DO/MPH program? I am interested in the global health track. It blends well with the DO curriculum however was wondering if I could get a student testimony. Thanks in advanced!

II!!!!!!! Its been a waiting game got the complete 8/26 review 9/27 final review 10/27!!

+1. I was wondering did you end up getting off that waitlist for that interview slot? Did you ever get an answer?
edit.. Just got off that waitlist for the interview slot... :) one day later...

I was too scared to sign up for a waitlist interview slot so I played it safe and signed up for a secure date, but I'm glad that it worked out for you!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey friends! I just got a waitlisted pre II email today and I was wondering if any OMS 1 or others have any insight on the movement? I have several good friends attending here so I would love any idea if there’s any success stories especially since we’re still (kinda) early?
I also was waitlisted and was wondering if it's a silent R

Did anyone else just get an email that their admissions decision was postponed bc of scheduling delays? Or was this just me :’(

When writing thank you email after your interviews did you send to just your interviewer or did you do another for the school?

Application under review email received last night, secondary received email received 10/01

Reactions: 1 users
If i have this down clear do you receive a "your supplemental app has been received and preparing for review" email first, then an "in review" email next and then a "final review" email before an II?

If i have this down clear do you receive a "your supplemental app has been received and preparing for review" email first, then an "in review" email next and then a "final review" email before an II?
yep

I have a question about the deposit and locking in a seat for this school. My only acceptance rn is at TUNCOM, and I placed the deposit a couple months ago.

I just was waitlisted by my top state school. What is the deadline for me to withdraw from TUNCOM in case I get off the waitlist (I know I’ll lose the deposit). I am just finding it very difficult to find info online. Help is much appreciated.

I have a question about the deposit and locking in a seat for this school. My only acceptance rn is at TUNCOM, and I placed the deposit a couple months ago.

I just was waitlisted by my top state school. What is the deadline for me to withdraw from TUNCOM in case I get off the waitlist (I know I’ll lose the deposit). I am just finding it very difficult to find info online. Help is much appreciated.
You can withdraw from a school the day before it starts.

Reactions: 2 users
Just got an email stating that my application is under review now. Do they normally take a while for them to send these updates? (I submitted mid-August).

Just got an email stating that my application is under review now. Do they normally take a while for them to send these updates? (I submitted mid-August).
Same here...waited 11 weeks just to be told "review will take up to 8 weeks" :cyclops:

• Sad
Reactions: 3 users
When writing thank you email after your interviews did you send to just your interviewer or did you do another for the school?
I wrote them for interviewers and the individuals that hosted since I did interact with them as well.

Anyone have a breakdown of the interview day?
Not a breakdown but I was exhausted from sitting for that long. 5 hours of presentations and talking was mentally and physically draining.

Lol thanks! Do the interviews come first before the presentations atleast?
They were scattered all throughout during my day. Some before, some in the middle, some towards the end

Final review email today! I got my last email update 10/5 that my 2nd was received, I submitted it 8/19.

Has anyone heard anything back post-interview recently??

Can anyone provide interview tips? Are they mostly standard questions? Will there be any casper-like scenario questions?

Any current students I could private message? I have a few questions!

received an II yesterday, will be declining though. complete mid-Aug.

Anyone feel so-so about their interview performance and get accepted here? I thought my interview was going well in the beginning but later on I was asked some questions I was not expecting and rambled somewhat

Anyone feel so-so about their interview performance and get accepted here? I thought my interview was going well in the beginning but later on I was asked some questions I was not expecting and rambled somewhat

Had a similar feeling and felt rambly towards the beginning of my interview. Came out of the interview feeling okay, not bad but not amazing. Ended up getting accepted on 10/12. Interviewers understand how nerve wracking it is. Besides, ADCOMS look at the interview as just a small part of everything.

Had a similar feeling and felt rambly towards the beginning of my interview. Came out of the interview feeling okay, not bad but not amazing. Ended up getting accepted on 10/12. Interviewers understand how nerve wracking it is. Besides, ADCOMS look at the interview as just a small part of everything.
Mine was the other way around haha, I felt fine in the beginning and was rambly towards the end. But thank you, that is reassuring! Congrats on your acceptance!

i feel very so-so right now and i am feeling even more nervous by the fact that they will have a decision in two weeks.....................

Would you guys choose TUNCOM over KCUMB?
You'd have to specify what is most important to you about a school in order for someone to answer that because it's highly personal. Both schools have good reputations, but things like COL, location, research opportunities, having to move or not for rotations are all very different.

For me, I would choose TUNCOM because of location near family/friends and closeness of rotations, and likelihood of matching in my desired region but I certainly considered KCUMB because of the great rep!

I got destroyed and devoured at my interview, but I’m a student here now so guess it worked out.

• Haha
  • Care
Reactions: 5 users
I got destroyed and devoured at my interview, but I’m a student here now so guess it worked out.
I felt the same after my recent interview but still managed to get the A! Adcoms really do view your application as whole.

Accepted!! Interviewed 11/9 :)

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Couldn’t have said It better. I thought It was over after my interview and just got the A (interviewed 11/9)

• Love