-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Tufts
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I haven’t found one yet.Does anyone know if there is an accepted students' facebook page?
any news on II?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1040408
any news on II?
i think it’s been slow lately
does anyone know if it's too late to apply to MD/MPH and MD/MA? i submitted my secondary 8/4
cacaonibs
Full Member
No, it's definitely not too late to apply MD/MPH! You're considered for the dual degree MD/MPH program after being admitted to the MD program. So you can apply on the secondary portal anytime throughout the application process. Idk about the MD/MA specifically, but I'd assume it is similar.does anyone know if it's too late to apply to MD/MPH and MD/MA? i submitted my secondary 8/4
D
deleted1075607
anyone who interviewed this week, when are we supposed to hear back?
any early october secondary submissions with II's yet?
arent you accepted to the individual programs after your MD acceptance, though? but you can be interviewed for a specific program before the regular MD program?I would assume the Maine track has a much smaller pool so makes sense they would get to you quicker even though you were completed later.
Does anyone know how MPH applications are reviewed for the MD/MPH dual-degree program? Do they review it once you are accepted or is it something they only review once you have committed to the school?
applicant20
Full Member
Do they accept pre-ii update?
you've spammed like every thread asking something that can easily be answered by logging onto your portal
southernhope1
Full Member
D
deleted1075607
?anyone who interviewed this week, when are we supposed to hear back?
I know people say this a lot, but it's very low-stress. The first half of the day is spent on various presentations and a student Q&A, then you have interviews the second half of the day. You will have two 1-hour interviews, one student and one faculty. They'll give you your times the day before the interview, but you will either interview at 1pm and 3pm or 2pm and 4pm.can anyone tell me how the interview day was? i see its from 10-5 and what should I be expecting for my interview?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
sup_cyclohexane
Full Member
Does anyone's status ever change on the portal? Mine has said "your application is ready!" since 8/11 -_-
to be fair i doubt anyone would actually spend time looking this up for him. it would probably be someone who already knew, and would just simply reply with a "yes/no"@$INAR don't take this the wrong way....but it's hard to know the right way to take it....but, honestly, you asked others to send you easily-found information about a school's policy on updates so you could go to sleep while others took the time to help? Ummmm....
sup_cyclohexane
Full Member
lol but for real, did anyone who's gotten an II see any change in their portal to under review or anything?Does anyone's status ever change on the portal? Mine has said "your application is ready!" since 8/11 -_-
D
deleted1039724
lol but for real, did anyone who's gotten an II see any change in their portal to under review or anything?
i only have a maine track interview not boston, but my secondary status just says application ready and my maine track app status just says secondary submitted, so it seems like they probably don’t change it or anything
sup_cyclohexane
Full Member
gotcha, thanks so much! one less portal to obsessively check daily..... 🙂i only have a maine track interview not boston, but my secondary status just says application ready and my maine track app status just says secondary submitted, so it seems like they probably don’t change it or anything
It’s made by the first year class president and likely won’t be made until early next year.Does anyone know if there is an accepted students' facebook page?
better pack your sunscreenOOOOMG!!! I MADE SUCH A STUPID MISTAKE! I thought the abbreviation for Tufts University School of Medicine was TUSOM... but it's TUSM. I forgot to double-check and submitted already so now it's too late. I didn't realize TUSOM is the acronym for Tulane. I spent so long working on this secondary and now they'll think I used Tulane's?! I don't know if I'm in the clear or if it'll show total negligence.
Ok jk i feel bad. You're fine yo chill they won't notice. I forgot a very important word in my Tufts secondary and still got accepted lol...OOOOMG!!! I MADE SUCH A STUPID MISTAKE! I thought the abbreviation for Tufts University School of Medicine was TUSOM... but it's TUSM. I forgot to double-check and submitted already so now it's too late. I didn't realize TUSOM is the acronym for Tulane. I spent so long working on this secondary and now they'll think I used Tulane's?! I don't know if I'm in the clear or if it'll show total negligence.
Yeah you're fine. So many people us so many different abbreviations for schools. For example, Tufts, Tufts University, TUSM, TUSOM, Tufts University School of Medicine, Tufts Medical Center, University of Tufts 🙂. And even if they notice, I'm 100% sure they'll know what you meant lol.Ah you think so!? I was told it's essentially suicide if you use the wrong name in a secondary. The thing is that I didn't even mean to LOL I really thought I was referring to Tufts by using TUSOM. I feel like they won't have any mercy
I literally almost made this mistake today for my letter of interest.Yeah you're fine. So many people us so many different abbreviations for schools. For example, Tufts, Tufts University, TUSM, TUSOM, Tufts University School of Medicine, Tufts Medical Center, University of Tufts 🙂. And even if they notice, I'm 100% sure they'll know what you meant lol.
Apparently, Tufts reviews and sends out batches in 1,000s so guess we're waiting on that. Notably, there's been a delay during the Thanksgiving/ December times at Tufts (and many other schools) for...well..the holidays.yeah i honestly forgot I applied here lol. are we still expecting a batch of IIs to go out or..?
However, given that the most recent IIs were scheduled for February, it's not looking good. But still cautious optimism until the R? 🙂
Well there are still 9 interview dates available and there were ~22 interviewees during my interview. Assuming an average of 15 interview spots open per date, there are likely ~135 II left, with an estimated max of 200 II.However, given that the most recent IIs were scheduled for February, it's not looking good. But still cautious optimism until the R? 🙂
Are there any current students on this thread? I got into Tufts and my state school and I’m having trouble deciding which to attend. Any advice you can give me is appreciated!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
That's a great problem to have. Congrats!Are there any current students on this thread? I got into Tufts and my state school and I’m having trouble deciding which to attend. Any advice you can give me is appreciated!
Thanks!That's a great problem to have. Congrats!
Not a current student but I saw your post on the UConn page and I have this exact same dilemma lolAre there any current students on this thread? I got into Tufts and my state school and I’m having trouble deciding which to attend. Any advice you can give me is appreciated!
II earlier today! C: 8/9, stats in signature. To any folks complete in August who haven't heard back yet, there's still hope.
YA LOVE TO HEAR IT!!II earlier today! C: 8/9, stats in signature. To any folks complete in August who haven't heard back yet, there's still hope.
pineapple21
Full Member
does anyone know how long each of the personal interviews are for boston track? were they closer to 30 minutes or more like an hour?
I think one was 30ish and the other was a little less than 40does anyone know how long each of the personal interviews are for boston track? were they closer to 30 minutes or more like an hour?
Does anyone have a link to specific programs Tufts graduates match to? I could only find a list of specialties, not programs.
attached the one for 2017 for reference.Does anyone have a link to specific programs Tufts graduates match to? I could only find a list of specialties, not programs.
Attachments
ocean~lover2000
New Member
GOT THE CALL!! Interviewed 11/2 :')
So sorry if this has been addressed but does Tufts accept update letters?
Yes, on their portal under additional documents!So sorry if this has been addressed but does Tufts accept update letters?
Thank you!attached the one for 2017 for reference.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
eltoroloco
Full Member
Got the voicemail! Accepted! Interviewed Nov 9
doingmybest10
Full Member
ii today! complete 8/16