2020-2021 Tufts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I remember reading a post regarding the saving of certain applications until later in the interview season, after some interviewed applicants and non-interviewed applicants are rejected. For those of us who still haven’t heard anything, do we have to survive one more R wave next week, if that strategy of the adcoms is true, or do we think there might be more than one R wave coming?
 
I remember reading a post regarding the saving of certain applications until later in the interview season, after some interviewed applicants and non-interviewed applicants are rejected. For those of us who still haven’t heard anything, do we have to survive one more R wave next week, if that strategy of the adcoms is true, or do we think there might be more than one R wave coming?
I would think they would keep some applications on file because they interview through March and some people are going to drop interviews last minute when they get acceptances elsewhere. They have already had 3 big R waves so I am hoping they are keeping the rest of us on file to the end of the cycle but I wouldn't be surprised if they sent out some more Rs next week
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I would think they would keep some applications on file because they interview through March and some people are going to drop interviews last minute when they get acceptances elsewhere. They have already had 3 big R waves so I am hoping they are keeping the rest of us on file to the end of the cycle but I wouldn't be surprised if they sent out some more Rs next week
Thank you. That was helpful, @soccerdoc3333 .
 
Does anyone have the full 2020 match report for tufts?
I don’t know if it is as “full” as you are seeking, but you can access the 2020 Match Day Information by tapping on the drop-down menu (i.e., upper right corner) on main Tufts Medicine website —> About —> Page Menu —> Match Results.
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Any November completions with II ? Added this school a lil late
I received my II maybe like 2 weeks after adding this school in November. I interview on Jan 29th, but I am not sure if I am the normal turnaround. I was really surprised to get one so quickly.
 
I received my II maybe like 2 weeks after adding this school in November. I interview on Jan 29th, but I am not sure if I am the normal turnaround. I was really surprised to get one so quickly.
I had some weirdly quick turnarounds at some schools too but unfortunately not this one lol...do you mind sharing your stats?
 
Anyone sent an update letter to Boston and Maine track? If so, did you just upload one letter to the portal?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did anyone hear back post-deferral? I got deferred from the Maine Track in November and am anxiously waiting for a decision. Does anyone know how many people they usually end up accepting off the deferral list?
Same, except deferred from Boston track in January. I’m deferred here and on two other WL. No acceptances. Holding onto hope that one of the three will work out but preparing for a reapplication. I too was wondering what the chances are after deferral...
 
Same, except deferred from Boston track in January. I’m deferred here and on two other WL. No acceptances. Holding onto hope that one of the three will work out but preparing for a reapplication. I too was wondering what the chances are after deferral...
I'm not too sure about the Boston track, but I was super confused because in the deferral letter it said many people initially placed in that category would ultimately end up getting accepted. I'm trying not to lose hope!
 
How many applicants do you guys think are still awaiting either an II or R from the admissions team? A few ? A small bunch? A big bunch?

Also, I did call the admissions office, and was told that they will be interviewing through the very end of March. The last possible date that you should hear back about an II (or R, I am assuming) would be March 10. I did ask if there is a possibility of more interview slots being added in April, and she said that may be possible only if the committee finds those additions necessary.

Personally, I don't feel confident going into the last part of the interview season, but I wish you all the best of luck. TUSM is a very supportive and community-oriented place.
 
How many applicants do you guys think are still awaiting either an II or R from the admissions team? A few ? A small bunch? A big bunch?

Also, I did call the admissions office, and was told that they will be interviewing through the very end of March. The last possible date that you should hear back about an II (or R, I am assuming) would be March 10. I did ask if there is a possibility of more interview slots being added in April, and she said that may be possible only if the committee finds those additions necessary.

Personally, I don't feel confident going into the last part of the interview season, but I wish you all the best of luck. TUSM is a very supportive and community-oriented place.
Thank you so much for the update. That is comforting to hear that they are still interviewing. Im not sure how many are still waiting for an II or R. But if you havent gotten an R yet, you're still in the running for an II and even an A.
 
Did anyone hear back post-deferral? I got deferred from the Maine Track in November and am anxiously waiting for a decision. Does anyone know how many people they usually end up accepting off the deferral list?
Interviewed early December and was deferred early January. Nothing since. It sucks 😔
 
do they screen pre or post secondary? sorry if discussed already..... also how holistic are they? low scores but 5 pubs / lots of research and clinical exp..... and outstanding LORs (4 from MDs, one being academic director of master's program...)
 
Last edited:
Does the status of your app change from "Secondary App Ready for Review" once someone has looked at it?

In other words: I've had total silence here since July and sent in two updates so I'm wondering what's up...?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone fully understand the choose your medical school tool? The Tufts page says if you select plan to enroll by April 30th you must withdraw all other acceptances. I know it says by April 30th but does that mean if I choose plan to enroll at Tufts today then I must withdraw other acceptances? Or does it mean I must withdraw other acceptances on April 30th? This is so confusing lol