2020-2021 Tufts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Well I’ve seen at least 1 person from our date and 2 people significantly after get an A...so we should be hearing back really soon! How do you think your interviews went?
Sorry, been busy celebrating and in shock but got the A yesterday! I thought my interviews went well and I guess I was right!

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
I remember reading a post regarding the saving of certain applications until later in the interview season, after some interviewed applicants and non-interviewed applicants are rejected. For those of us who still haven’t heard anything, do we have to survive one more R wave next week, if that strategy of the adcoms is true, or do we think there might be more than one R wave coming?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone have the full 2020 match report for tufts?

I remember reading a post regarding the saving of certain applications until later in the interview season, after some interviewed applicants and non-interviewed applicants are rejected. For those of us who still haven’t heard anything, do we have to survive one more R wave next week, if that strategy of the adcoms is true, or do we think there might be more than one R wave coming?
I would think they would keep some applications on file because they interview through March and some people are going to drop interviews last minute when they get acceptances elsewhere. They have already had 3 big R waves so I am hoping they are keeping the rest of us on file to the end of the cycle but I wouldn't be surprised if they sent out some more Rs next week

Reactions: 4 users
I would think they would keep some applications on file because they interview through March and some people are going to drop interviews last minute when they get acceptances elsewhere. They have already had 3 big R waves so I am hoping they are keeping the rest of us on file to the end of the cycle but I wouldn't be surprised if they sent out some more Rs next week
Thank you. That was helpful, @soccerdoc3333 .

Sorry, been busy celebrating and in shock but got the A yesterday! I thought my interviews went well and I guess I was right!
congrats! I got deferred but I'm very happy that it's a relief for you :)

• Care
Np! good luck! I really hope those of us still left get late interviews!
Yes, I wish you, me, and the rest of us who are still in the run the best of luck. Literally hoping and praying everyone in my situation. I don’t see this as a competition.

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Yes, I wish you, me, and the rest of us who are still in the run the best of luck. Literally hoping and praying everyone in my situation. I don’t see this as a competition.
Aw thanks! I think that brings good karma! I like to think they are stringing us along for a reason :)

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone have the full 2020 match report for tufts?
I don’t know if it is as “full” as you are seeking, but you can access the 2020 Match Day Information by tapping on the drop-down menu (i.e., upper right corner) on main Tufts Medicine website —> About —> Page Menu —> Match Results.

Last edited:
No R here yet! (Hopefully I didnt just jinx myself). Should I send an update letter? Or is it too late?

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm sure this is somewhat related to your previous answer about how close to school you live, but do most students have/need a car? Do you need a car for 3rd/4th years or can you get by without one?
Id say that most students dont use a car. They use public transportation or walk

How were you able to find your roommate(s) if you have any? I would prefer to room with other medical students, but not sure how to find them.
Dont have a roommate, however, there are opportunities to connect with other future students at events that the student affairs office sets up.

For everyone who received an A: accepting their offer on the portal isn't binding right?

For everyone who received an A: accepting their offer on the portal isn't binding right?
Correct. When you click commit to enroll on AMCAS after February 19th, it will denote you should be pulled off WLs and withdrawn from other schools. (You still need to send an email to said schools).

Dont have a roommate, however, there are opportunities to connect with other future students at events that the student affairs office sets up.
Around when do those events take place? I've heard anywhere from Feb to May, which seems like a very large time frame.

Any November completions with II ? Added this school a lil late

Any November completions with II ? Added this school a lil late
I received my II maybe like 2 weeks after adding this school in November. I interview on Jan 29th, but I am not sure if I am the normal turnaround. I was really surprised to get one so quickly.

I received my II maybe like 2 weeks after adding this school in November. I interview on Jan 29th, but I am not sure if I am the normal turnaround. I was really surprised to get one so quickly.
I had some weirdly quick turnarounds at some schools too but unfortunately not this one lol...do you mind sharing your stats?

I had some weirdly quick turnarounds at some schools too but unfortunately not this one lol...do you mind sharing your stats?
Sure! Nothing crazy lol. I have a 3.8 and 508 with decent EC and ORM.

Anyone sent an update letter to Boston and Maine track? If so, did you just upload one letter to the portal?

Did anyone hear back post-deferral? I got deferred from the Maine Track in November and am anxiously waiting for a decision. Does anyone know how many people they usually end up accepting off the deferral list?

Reactions: 2 users
Did anyone hear back post-deferral? I got deferred from the Maine Track in November and am anxiously waiting for a decision. Does anyone know how many people they usually end up accepting off the deferral list?
Same, except deferred from Boston track in January. I’m deferred here and on two other WL. No acceptances. Holding onto hope that one of the three will work out but preparing for a reapplication. I too was wondering what the chances are after deferral...

• Care
Same, except deferred from Boston track in January. I’m deferred here and on two other WL. No acceptances. Holding onto hope that one of the three will work out but preparing for a reapplication. I too was wondering what the chances are after deferral...
I'm not too sure about the Boston track, but I was super confused because in the deferral letter it said many people initially placed in that category would ultimately end up getting accepted. I'm trying not to lose hope!

How many applicants do you guys think are still awaiting either an II or R from the admissions team? A few ? A small bunch? A big bunch?

Also, I did call the admissions office, and was told that they will be interviewing through the very end of March. The last possible date that you should hear back about an II (or R, I am assuming) would be March 10. I did ask if there is a possibility of more interview slots being added in April, and she said that may be possible only if the committee finds those additions necessary.

Personally, I don't feel confident going into the last part of the interview season, but I wish you all the best of luck. TUSM is a very supportive and community-oriented place.

• Care
Reactions: 17 users
How many applicants do you guys think are still awaiting either an II or R from the admissions team? A few ? A small bunch? A big bunch?

Also, I did call the admissions office, and was told that they will be interviewing through the very end of March. The last possible date that you should hear back about an II (or R, I am assuming) would be March 10. I did ask if there is a possibility of more interview slots being added in April, and she said that may be possible only if the committee finds those additions necessary.

Personally, I don't feel confident going into the last part of the interview season, but I wish you all the best of luck. TUSM is a very supportive and community-oriented place.
Thank you so much for the update. That is comforting to hear that they are still interviewing. Im not sure how many are still waiting for an II or R. But if you havent gotten an R yet, you're still in the running for an II and even an A.

Thank you so much for the update. That is comforting to hear that they are still interviewing. Im not sure how many are still waiting for an II or R. But if you havent gotten an R yet, you're still in the running for an II and even an A.
i really hope... i havent had any IIs yet :'(

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
Interviewed early December and was deferred early January. Nothing since. It sucks 😔

i really hope... i havent had any IIs yet :'(
Giving you a virtual hug! I also haven’t had any IIs this entire cycle. I go back and forth between losing and hoping and by holding on by a finger nail. :’(

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
do they screen pre or post secondary? sorry if discussed already..... also how holistic are they? low scores but 5 pubs / lots of research and clinical exp..... and outstanding LORs (4 from MDs, one being academic director of master's program...)

Last edited:
Does the status of your app change from "Secondary App Ready for Review" once someone has looked at it?

In other words: I've had total silence here since July and sent in two updates so I'm wondering what's up...?