2020-2021 Tufts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thank you! Wishing you all the best!

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone fully understand the choose your medical school tool? The Tufts page says if you select plan to enroll by April 30th you must withdraw all other acceptances. I know it says by April 30th but does that mean if I choose plan to enroll at Tufts today then I must withdraw other acceptances? Or does it mean I must withdraw other acceptances on April 30th? This is so confusing lol

Does anyone fully understand the choose your medical school tool? The Tufts page says if you select plan to enroll by April 30th you must withdraw all other acceptances. I know it says by April 30th but does that mean if I choose plan to enroll at Tufts today then I must withdraw other acceptances? Or does it mean I must withdraw other acceptances on April 30th? This is so confusing lol
I think you have to withdraw your other acceptances by April 30th. At least that is my understanding from the AMCAS email. I know schools have their specific processes too

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
From my understanding, plan to enroll (which is open now) means you plan to go to the school, but haven't committed. You can hold other A's, WLs, IIs, etc. By April 15th you have to narrow it down to 3 A's and by April 30th it has to be narrowed down to 1 A, but you can remain on any waitlists or continue interviewing.

Reactions: 4 users
From my understanding, plan to enroll (which is open now) means you plan to go to the school, but haven't committed. You can hold other A's, WLs, IIs, etc. By April 15th you have to narrow it down to 3 A's and by April 30th it has to be narrowed down to 1 A, but you can remain on any waitlists or continue interviewing.
So you can click plan to enroll on any school! You dont need to worry about withdrawing your other acceptances now. April 15th, you would narrow your school list down to 3. April 30th you are required to CTE (Commit to enroll) to one school and withdraw all other acceptances. You dont have to plan to enroll right now, if you don't want to. You just really should worry about the CTE! You can look on MSAR for required dates :)

So you can click plan to enroll on any school! You dont need to worry about withdrawing your other acceptances now. April 15th, you would narrow your school list down to 3. April 30th you are required to CTE (Commit to enroll) to one school and withdraw all other acceptances. You dont have to plan to enroll right now, if you don't want to. You just really should worry about the CTE! You can look on MSAR for required dates :)
Im like 80% sure you don’t need to commit to enroll on April 30th. You can stay on plan to enroll until the date designated by your specific school even after April 30th. It’s just asked that you have 1 A on April 30th( so have the plan to enroll actually filled out for one school).
The difference between plan to enroll and commit to enroll is in commit, you withdraw from all waitlists/IIs etc, thus fully committing to the school.

Reactions: 1 users
Im like 80% sure you don’t need to commit to enroll on April 30th. You can stay on plan to enroll until the date designated by your specific school even after April 30th. It’s just asked that you have 1 A on April 30th( so have the plan to enroll actually filled out for one school).
The difference between plan to enroll and commit to enroll is in commit, you withdraw from all waitlists/IIs etc, thus fully committing to the school.
100% accurate. Don't commit to enroll unless you're cool with withdrawing from any waitlists you're currently on.

Does the status of your app change from "Secondary App Ready for Review" once someone has looked at it?

In other words: I've had total silence here since July and sent in two updates so I'm wondering what's up...?
+1

100% accurate. Don't commit to enroll unless you're cool with withdrawing from any waitlists you're currently on.
Thanks for the correction. For a “simple” process, it’s not as straightforward as one might think.

Have any Maine Trackers initially placed in the "deferred decision" category been accepted yet?

Reactions: 5 users
Still silence... gonna send an update next week

Members don't see this ad :)
Have any Maine Trackers initially placed in the "deferred decision" category been accepted yet?
I’m wondering the same thing. Interviewed 12/4 and have been deferred since early January

Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone know if the interviews from now on are for waitlists??

Almost forgot about this school... Maybe they also (almost?) forgot about me, since I've heard absolutely nothing from them. Complete early Sept.

I looked at previous threads and it seems like all deferred decisions are translated into eitherR/WL around mid-March... then it all depends on the WL movement that seems to happen throughout April~June. Hoping for a good WL movement :'( (or to even get in the WL, rather than defer -> R)

I looked at previous threads and it seems like all deferred decisions are translated into eitherR/WL around mid-March... then it all depends on the WL movement that seems to happen throughout April~June. Hoping for a good WL movement :'( (or to even get in the WL, rather than defer -> R)
I guess “it is not at all uncommon for our committee to place qualified applicants in the “deferred decision” category, and many applicants initially placed in this category will ultimately be admitted” is a bold faced lie then 😭

• Sad
I’m in the same boat. 2/3 interview and I’ve been stressing all week!
I really doubt it. I interviewed Jan 29th, and they told us March 1st. So dont fret.

I really doubt it. I interviewed Jan 29th, and they told us March 1st. So dont fret.
Good to know! I thought they had told us that they would discuss on 2/22 so I was almost certain I was rejected

II just a few minutes ago!!!!

I wonder if this gonna put me into the waitlist pile since its so late

• Love
Reactions: 13 users
Just talked to admissions. They're interviewing through March

Reactions: 11 users
It sounded like it but didn't want to push too hard. I think she said something along the lines of "when more interview days open up, we will send more II". I think we're all holding out hope and believe we all still have a chance :)

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
It sounded like it but didn't want to push too hard. I think she said something along the lines of "when more interview days open up, we will send more II". I think we're all holding out hope and believe we all still have a chance :)
Thank you for being brave enough to call admissions and find out info for us (and for the small glimmer of hope) :)

Yeah I see March 3rd and 22nd available for interviews. March 3rd wasn't an open slot when I checked a couple months ago, so they probably adding new slots on the fly!

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Yeah I see March 3rd and 22nd available for interviews. March 3rd wasn't an open slot when I checked a couple months ago, so they probably adding new slots on the fly!
Thank you for the info!

For those without IIs/Rs- so do we think they are letting the 3/3 spot go unfilled or last minute buzzer II?

• Hmm
Thank you for the info!

For those without IIs/Rs- so do we think they are letting the 3/3 spot go unfilled or last minute buzzer II?
You would think they would try to fill it! I certainly hope they do! I feel like if they sent out interviews maybe on Monday, people would choose to take the later date because they want time to prepare. But I guess if they sent enough someone would have to take that date. I recall from last year some people got some last-minute IIs but idk if any were that last-minute. We shall see!

Thank you for the info!

For what it's worth, I got an interview on 12/17/20 and the only spots available were 3/17 and 3/22 which was quite the buzzkill. In January, I saw the 3/3 spot open up and quickly took the opportunity to get my II out of the way sooner. The spot actually closed up when I next checked but it was open again yesterday when I checked.

Not sure what to conclude but might as well include this info in case anyone finds it useful.

For what it's worth, I got an interview on 12/17/20 and the only spots available were 3/17 and 3/22 which was quite the buzzkill. In January, I saw the 3/3 spot open up and quickly took the opportunity to get my II out of the way sooner. The spot actually closed up when I next checked but it was open again yesterday when I checked.

Not sure what to conclude but might as well include this info in case anyone finds it useful.
So in short it’s likely a cancellation that they may or may not end up filling. I presume there’s no way to tell how many positions are open on those days, just that the days are open. Based on this and mvsrocks, there are at least 2 interview slots open currently(which they hopefully will try to fill)

Thank you so much for the information/contributing to our knowledge base! Good luck on your interview on Wednesday(3/3) and we’re rooting for you :)

Are we thinking late January and early February interviews will hear back tomorrow?

any II's go out recently? I was complete in Sept and sent an update but have had silence

Are we thinking late January and early February interviews will hear back tomorrow?
It looks like 3PM is usually the time that they call. Fingers crossed we hear something soon!

• Care
It looks like 3PM is usually the time that they call. Fingers crossed we hear something soon!
I wish you had said this last night. I would have slept later since I am PST. :lol: Thanks for letting everyone know though!

I wish you had said this last night. I would have slept later since I am PST. :lol: Thanks for letting everyone know though!
Good luck everyone! I’ll be hogging every cell and house phone from 2:30 onwards. 😔😈

So in short it’s likely a cancellation that they may or may not end up filling. I presume there’s no way to tell how many positions are open on those days, just that the days are open. Based on this and mvsrocks, there are at least 2 interview slots open currently(which they hopefully will try to fill)

Thank you so much for the information/contributing to our knowledge base! Good luck on your interview on Wednesday(3/3) and we’re rooting for you :)
No problem! And I appreciate the well wishes 🥰🙏🏾

For everyone waiting to hear something, I interviewed for the Maine track on 12/4, was deferred on 1/6 (a Wednesday) at 9:30 PM EST. I sent in an update and am waiting to hear something, hopefully. Thought this may help for people like me who need to know the day of the week and exactly what second decisions have previously come out.

For everyone waiting to hear something, I interviewed for the Maine track on 12/4, was deferred on 1/3 (a Wednesday) at 9:30 PM. I sent in an update and am waiting to hear something, hopefully. Thought this may help for people like me who need to know the day of the week and exactly what second decisions have previously come out.
Thank you! 3PM and 3:15PM have come and gone and I'm not sure how to feel yet.

• Sad