2020-2021 Tufts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone know if there's going to be on campus housing open this fall or will we have to find off campus? Housing seems to be closed indefinitely (Title).

Current first-year student at Tufts. Happy to answer any questions people might have about the school.
I'm sure this is somewhat related to your previous answer about how close to school you live, but do most students have/need a car? Do you need a car for 3rd/4th years or can you get by without one?

Members don't see this ad :)
anybody else still waiting on their first interview invite and struggling between holding onto hope for an interview still and accepting that you may not get one this cycle? :(

• Care
Reactions: 17 users
I just wanted to start my question off with well wishes for all of those that were a part of the recent R tidal wave. I am just wondering if it’s foolish to hopeful for an II here? I have an LM of 70 and was complete on 9/26. I just feel my R is coming soon due to my later submission date.

anybody else still waiting on their first interview invite and struggling between holding onto hope for an interview still and accepting that you may not get one this cycle? :(
Me :( It's so tough. If you're feeling anything like I am feeling, I am so sorry and I hope that you get one soon! I believe in you

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Hey :) It has been so tough. I actually received my first II yesterday (WMed). I know it's hard to, but try and hold on to hope! I have a low MCAT (506).

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 6 users
Congrats! Thanks for giving the rest of us some hope!
this makes me feel better! I also have a low mcat (505) but have been working full time as an engineer for 2.5 years so was hoping that would help but I guess not haha! but this definitely makes me feel better! thank you and good luck to you too!

Reactions: 1 users
this makes me feel better! I also have a low mcat (505) but have been working full time as an engineer for 2.5 years so was hoping that would help but I guess not haha! but this definitely makes me feel better! thank you and good luck to you too!
I hope you get some good news soon!

count me.. still no II invite . My stats are not low ( ORM, 3.88 , 526 MCAT, tons of research hours, clinical volunteering hrs. etc.) , I have no other red flag on my application . I applied late in September/October to 30 schools ( Got rejections from 4 ivy, rest no idea what they do with my app .. ) . I am not hoping for II its too late and mentally prepared to apply for jobs in gap year and re-apply this June again .
Keep your head up it’s not over till it’s over! Still 26 decisions left

Reactions: 3 users
ur not alone. applied to 31 schools complete first week of September. LM 70.

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
is there on campus housing? do most students live on campus or off campus?

Our (m24) facebook page got formed in early Feb of last year. It was a good place to meet future roommates (along with a google sheet that will have housing resources.
Did you just start posting/chatting with people? Or is there a structured roommate match system at Tufts like most undergrad schools use?

is there on campus housing? do most students live on campus or off campus?
Posner hall is on-campus, relatively affordable housing. It was closed this year due to Covid. Your guess is as good as mine if it will reopen next academic year.

I think before this, most students lived off-campus. Now everyone does. Chinatown is pretty expensive anyway, so most folks live not too close to campus, but public transport in Boston is decent.

Did you just start posting/chatting with people? Or is there a structured roommate match system at Tufts like most undergrad schools use?
The m23 class president made a google doc with available housing and matriculating students could post their names and a little bit about themselves and their interests, preferences, price range, etc. I think many students met their roommates that way.

The sheet included students from PA programs, DMD programs, MBS programs as well. My suggestion would be to live with a student from your year and program, it makes a difference. It helps to be proactive too.

The m23 class president made a google doc with available housing and matriculating students could post their names and a little bit about themselves and their interests, preferences, price range, etc. I think many students met their roommates that way.

The sheet included students from PA programs, DMD programs, MBS programs as well. My suggestion would be to live with a student from your year and program, it makes a difference. It helps to be proactive too.
Awesome, thanks!

Any other survivors out there? No interview but somehow still alive

Reactions: 27 users
Apologies if this has been asked before, but does anyone know if Tufts is receptive to pre-II update/LOI's? I doubt they'll care but I started working at TUSM a couple of months ago and thought I may give it one last shot lmao

Apologies if this has been asked before, but does anyone know if Tufts is receptive to pre-II update/LOI's? I doubt they'll care but I started working at TUSM a couple of months ago and thought I may give it one last shot lmao
Do it. You have nothing to lose at this point.

Reactions: 1 users
For my survivors, take this post with a grain of salt - I think we can start expecting Tufts to send out some interview invites sometime soon but also another R wave at the end of next week, if the trend for the past 2 years holds (which is considerably unlikely as well given some of the surprises we've seen this cycle)

Reactions: 7 users
For my survivors, take this post with a grain of salt - I think we can start expecting Tufts to send out some interview invites sometime soon but also another R wave at the end of next week, if the trend for the past 2 years holds (which is considerably unlikely as well given some of the surprises we've seen this cycle)
when did they send a R wave last year in feb? and was that the last one for that cycle?

alright alright alright! Who else is still waiting to hear back from the 1/8 Maine Track interview?

Just got the call! (Dr. Neumeyer is so nice omg) Interviewed early Jan

• Love
Reactions: 13 users
alright alright alright! Who else is still waiting to hear back from the 1/8 Maine Track interview?
Not 1/8 but also waiting to hear back from a January Maine track interview:)

I'm sure this is somewhat related to your previous answer about how close to school you live, but do most students have/need a car? Do you need a car for 3rd/4th years or can you get by without one?
Pre-covid: The public transportation in Boston is quite good. It can get you around the city with no problem, however rush hour is d*** crazy. Unless your rotation site is outside of Boston, for example in Worcester, Framingham, Waltham, Danver, etc. You many need a car. However these places are accessible by the commuter line (which can go to RI). However the communter line is expensive. Regular public transit to-fro is $2.70 anywhere, however the commuter is based on distance. But I honestly don't think you need a car. the problem with having a car is looking for parking space. Most parking space are either residential parking or pay-by-the hour" meter stuff.

Of course I missed the call by one minute but just got the A!!! Interviewed 1/4. Boston track.

• Love
Reactions: 15 users
Got the acceptance Call! Boston track interviewed 1/14. Is it weird I haven't gotten an email or an offer letter in my portal yet tho?

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
Got the acceptance Call! Boston track interviewed 1/14. Is it weird I haven't gotten an email or an offer letter in my portal yet tho?
Congrats! Letter and email come later so don't worry

Do you mind sharing the first letter of your last name?

I am from the Boston Area and Tufts has regional hospitals that are not the easiest to get to with public transport. So I would say yes, for clinical rotations, a car is most convenient. I am sure there are ways to carpool with others going to the same site as you

I am from the Boston Area and Tufts has regional hospitals that are not the easiest to get to with public transport. So I would say yes, for clinical rotations, a car is most convenient. I am sure there are ways to carpool with others going to the same site as you

Thanks, I was not aware of this.

For those who have interviewed already - how long (approx) were your interviews (boston track?) curious what to expect

For those who have interviewed already - how long (approx) were your interviews (boston track?) curious what to expect
2 30-minutes interviews, one with a physician and one with a student. However, it took the entire day due to information sessions.

DId anyone here interview on 12/18/20 for Maine Track and hear back?