2020-2021 Tufts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
did anyone use #1 for a why tufts essay? if not, what else did you write about?
I didn't write anything. I do really want to go to tufts, but I think they can tell if its forced and I didnt have anything natural to add. that's really my approach for the "anything else" prompts. i'm not a "less is more" person, but trying to be honest about if writing anything in that space will actually add value to my app.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just got the complete email lol Im guessing I’m in the back of the line hahah how long have people been waiting since the complete email?
 
For those who interviewed yesterday, did anyone else have a really horrible lag in their one-on-one interviews? Mine was fine in the main thing, just not the one-on-ones. It sucked because it was so hard to match facial cues when what they were saying was several seconds behind the motion on the screen... Just trying to see if this happened to others or if I need to be worried about my internet quality.

PS for those who were wondering, interview day was really nice and the one-on-ones felt really conversational! They put together a nice day for us and everyone was really nice so for future interviewers, don't stress (I mean still prepare, but don't be stressed!).
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For those who interviewed yesterday, did anyone else have a really horrible lag in their one-on-one interviews? Mine was fine in the main thing, just not the one-on-ones. It sucked because it was so hard to match facial cues when what they were saying was several seconds behind the motion on the screen... Just trying to see if this happened to others or if I need to be worried about my internet quality.

PS for those who were wondering, interview day was really nice and the one-on-ones felt really conversational! They put together a nice day for us and everyone was really nice so for future interviewers, don't stress (I mean still prepare, but don't be stressed!).
It might be worth letting them know about that lag, especially if they are using their own home-baked platform and not Zoom.
 
Is it possible that schools filter out those with withdrawals (Even if its due to legit reasons?) or interview them later? Any insight on this?
 
Any current Tufts students that could provide some information about the school and your experiences? Definitely harder to get a feel of the school without having the ability to physically be there for interview day!
Current student here. What questions do you have?
 
I interviewed on 9/16 and it was very chill and relaxed. I really like this school and the positive attitude from the students/faculty was very refreshing!! Easily a top choice! Good luck to everyone!

What is a traditional one-on-one interview or MMI
 
What is a traditional one-on-one interview or MMI

it was traditional! two one-on-one interviews, both pretty relaxed. For me one interview was with a student and one was with a faculty member! The faculty member who interviewed me told me that both student interviewers and faculty interviewers have an equal say on who gets accepted at Tufts, so make sure you still stay professional with the student interviewer!
 
Yes I can't get in, I called admissions and I think everyone's been calling about this issue - they informed me to call Emily, but I think her line is busy

Random, but I see you interviewed the same day as me! Was wondering (if you sent thank you notes) if you sent them to Emily or Erin or just the general Tufts admissions email??
 
Sorry if this is a dumb question, but would it make sense to apply for the Maine track if you're interested in pursuing a non-primary care specialty in a rural location?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I interviewed on Wednesday and just wanted to provide some feedback. The interview was super chill and I really enjoyed it. Very conversational and not stressful at all. The faculty and students that I met (virtually of course) were all so friendly and made me love Tufts even more. It ran very smooth. They used breakout rooms on zoom, so I had no connectivity issues. I even got to chat with other interviewees in the waiting room, which made the day even more relaxed and fun. Tufts set a very high standard as far as virtual interviews, at least in my opinion.
 
I interviewed on Wednesday and just wanted to provide some feedback. The interview was super chill and I really enjoyed it. Very conversational and not stressful at all. The faculty and students that I met (virtually of course) were all so friendly and made me love Tufts even more. It ran very smooth. They used breakout rooms on zoom, so I had no connectivity issues. I even got to chat with other interviewees in the waiting room, which made the day even more relaxed and fun. Tufts set a very high standard as far as virtual interviews, at least in my opinion.
I interviewed this week as well and just chiming in to second everything you said. This program seems fantastic.
 
I recently attended an info session hosted by someone from the Tufts admission office. Here are a few pieces of info I thought were interesting enough to share with you all:

1) Tufts usually receives around 13,000 apps. This year they're receiving around 14,000.

2) Tufts is "kind of slow" when passing out interviews. They go through apps in batches of 1,000 at a time. At the time of the info session they were on their 4th batch of 1,000, so still quite early in their review process. They're rolling, and they pass out interview invitations as late as January and even February for March interview dates.

3) They do not award merit scholarships. All of their aid is need-based.
 
I recently attended an info session hosted by someone from the Tufts admission office. Here are a few pieces of info I thought were interesting enough to share with you all:

1) Tufts usually receives around 13,000 apps. This year they're receiving around 14,000.

2) Tufts is "kind of slow" when passing out interviews. They go through apps in batches of 1,000 at a time. At the time of the info session they were on their 4th batch of 1,000, so still quite early in their review process. They're rolling, and they pass out interview invitations as late as January and even February for March interview dates.

3) They do not award merit scholarships. All of their aid is need-based.
I think the only exception to #3 is that the $25K scholarships awarded to half of the Maine track class are merit based, not need based
 
Does anyone know how far out they're scheduling interviews? Thanks!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I recently attended an info session hosted by someone from the Tufts admission office. Here are a few pieces of info I thought were interesting enough to share with you all:

1) Tufts usually receives around 13,000 apps. This year they're receiving around 14,000.

2) Tufts is "kind of slow" when passing out interviews. They go through apps in batches of 1,000 at a time. At the time of the info session they were on their 4th batch of 1,000, so still quite early in their review process. They're rolling, and they pass out interview invitations as late as January and even February for March interview dates.

3) They do not award merit scholarships. All of their aid is need-based.

Thank you for adding to our knowledge base! Anyone else complete before 7/22 hoping they're part of the 10,000+ apps that have yet to be reviewed? xD
 
I just got the complete email lol Im guessing I’m in the back of the line hahah how long have people been waiting since the complete email?
got the complete email on 8/11 and haven't heard anything yet, are most of the interviews for those in the maine track? also for those who've received interviews, when were you complete?
 
For those who've interviewed already, how do you recommend preparing for the interview? I know most people have already posted that it was really chill and conversational, is there anything you wished you did differently to get ready for it?
 
For those who've interviewed already, how do you recommend preparing for the interview? I know most people have already posted that it was really chill and conversational, is there anything you wished you did differently to get ready for it?
There’s nothing I would have done differently. Just make sure you know your application and common stuff. I prepped by doing two mock interviews and probably would have been okay only doing one.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad