2020-2021 Tulane

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Last year from July 15 to August 1st, they gave tons of interviews out! Sept 17 is the new July 15. But ppl were under review early July last year. As I am not currently under review, submitted august 12th who knows. But maybe their process will speed up now since they seem to have figured something out and more ppl will go under review. More waves to come!

Edit: Dang - Last year ppl who got interview invites mid-august were booking for December and sept for January/early feb. We are already at that phase it seems. wow.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
dang if they only interview until february and they're already scheduling out to december... i feel like my chances at getting an II just plummeted ;////
COVID year, probably interview into however months they already missed - all of august/ eary sept. So maybe interview into early April this year?

Members don't see this ad :)
congrats to everyone that got II today !! Do we think Tulane is coming to the end of their interview invites?

Damn so the day finally came. :rofl:Congrats to everyone who got one!

Now what about the rest of us who submitted in August and still aren't under review yet? :rofl:

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 7 users
II! So excited! URM OOS message me for stats :) got an under review email mid august

got an interview invite but didn't realize until just now and the earliest date was in 2021! wow

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users
II LETS GOO!!!!!!

RE-APPLICANT WHO INTERVIEWED AND GOT WL LAST CYCLE.
PRIMARY VERIFIED 8/12
SECONDARY SUBMITTED 8/16
UNDER REVIEW 8/26

II JUST GOT TODAY 9/17

BUT OUT OF ALL DAYS, MY WIFI WAS ACTING UP AND COULD NOT SECURE A DATE UNTIL NOV 13TH!

BEST OF LUCK YALL, LETS GET THIS BREAD!!

EDIT: BC MY ANXIOUS ASS TYPED EVERYTHING WRONG

EDIT 2: FOR THOSE OF YOU WAITING, KEEP YA HEAD UP BC LAST CYCLE I WAS NOT COMPLETE UNTIL LATE AUGUST WITH MCAT SCORE UPDATED ON APP IN OCT AND GOT II FOR JAN. RESULTED IN WL IN MARCH.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
II LETS GOO!!!!!!

RE-APPLICANT WHO II AND GOT WL LAST CYCLE.
PRIMARY COMPLETE 8/12
SECONDARY SUBMITTED 9/1
II JUST GOT TODAY 9/17

BUT OUT OF ALL DAYS, MY WIFI WAS ACTING UP AND COULD NOT SECURE A DATE UNTIL NOV 13TH!

BEST OF LUCK YALL, LETS GET THIS BREAD!!

YESSSS!! YOU GOT THIS DUDE!!!

• Care
submitted 8/6 still not under a review, this thread killing me right now ahhh but CONGRATS to those with II

Reactions: 2 users
Earliest I could get was January ):
I just didn't look at my phone for like an hour.... and when I finally saw the email SEPTEMBER, OCTOBER, NOVEMBER, and DECEMBER WERE ALL FULL.

How much of a disadvantage does this put us at if we got one of the late dates?????
Do they give alot more consideration to those who interview early?

I'm in the same boat, but don't think too much about it. Why would they interview people in 2021 at all if they were just going to reject all late interviewees? If you got an interview it means they want to consider you.

I am interviewing in January bc I was at work. YALL

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
I added them to amcas before the july 10th app release and they didn't send my secondary until the 27th. Annoying to see I'm 'late' for their cycle based on something I had no control over. I would guess there are a lot of people who didn't get a secondary early enough to be in this II wave if it took them that long to send out a secondary to someone who sent the app day one.
Agreed the same thing happened to me. Due to Tulane's system glitching and not sending me a secondary even tho I had them listed from the first day to submit. Infuriating that me being patient actually may have cost me the interview.

Members don't see this ad :)
Tulane interviews ~ 600 people, there's no way they've sent even half of that so far. (I could be wrong, but seems like 1 big wave today and several last week, the odds of one week of invites being over 300? slim to none) Chances are not shot at all. This cycle is very delayed with everything and I'm sure they continue to roll in, tons of people haven't even gone under review, I'd be willing to bet this is just the first batch from those under review early. We're all neurotic at this point, but thinking they've sent out 600 II already is stupid

Edit: I'm not an adcom, so I could be wrong and in fact I'm the stupid one, but logic says it's not over.

Reactions: 6 users
Tulane interviews ~ 600 people, there's no way they've sent even half of that so far. (I could be wrong, but seems like 1 big wave today and several last week, the odds of one week of invites being over 300? slim to none) Chances are not shot at all. This cycle is very delayed with everything and I'm sure they continue to roll in, tons of people haven't even gone under review, I'd be willing to bet this is just the first batch from those under review early. We're all neurotic at this point, but thinking they've sent out 600 II already is stupid

Edit: I'm not an adcom, so I could be wrong and in fact I'm the stupid one, but logic says it's not over.

FACTS!!!

IM REPEAT IT...

FOR THOSE OF YOU WAITING, KEEP YA HEAD UP BC LAST CYCLE I WAS NOT COMPLETE UNTIL LATE AUGUST WITH MCAT SCORE UPDATED ON APP IN OCT AND GOT II FOR JAN. RESULTED IN WL IN MARCH.

Do people think that they’re interviewing more people this year? Seems like a ton of people are getting interviews if dates are filling up past December already.

Also, does anyone know what the post II acceptance rate is?

Do people think that they’re interviewing more people this year? Seems like a ton of people are getting interviews if dates are filling up past December already.

Also, does anyone know what the post II acceptance rate is?

On the portal, they said the last interview date is the end of February. So it looks like they have filled more than half of the interview slots already. It is what it is, those who submitted earlier got reviewed earlier.

Anyone been rejected here? I've been under review for almost 7 weeks...think my time may be approaching :/

On the portal, they said the last interview date is the end of February. So it looks like they have filled more than half of the interview slots already. It is what it is, those who submitted earlier got reviewed earlier.
[/QUOTE]
There is only one interview date for each month making for a total of 6 interview dates. I doubt Tulane is going to interview 100 people on each interview day but I could be wrong. My hunch is that they send out more IIs and maybe add some more interview dates. We'll have more clarity starting next week.

[/QUOTE]
There is only one interview date for each month making for a total of 6 interview dates. I doubt Tulane is going to interview 100 people on each interview day but I could be wrong. My hunch is that they send out more IIs and maybe add some more interview dates. We'll have more clarity starting next week.
[/QUOTE]
They do have multiple interview dates per month. For instance, I'm interviewing on October 1st but I know October 15th is also an interview date.

[/QUOTE]
I think what you're referring to is the dates the interviews start at 9:30. (at least In my email they listed 1 per month) But There were 4-5 dates in October when I registered. But I also agree more will open up as these fill I'm sure.

I think what you're referring to is the dates the interviews start at 9:30. (at least In my email they listed 1 per month) But There were 4-5 dates in October when I registered. But I also agree more will open up as these fill I'm sure.
[/QUOTE]
Yeah you are right! I totally read the email wrong. I only saw one date in December and one in January when I registered so i assumed we only had one date a month. LMAO y'all were just too quick for me:laugh:

[/QUOTE]
They do have multiple interview dates per month. For instance, I'm interviewing on October 1st but I know October 15th is also an interview date.
[/QUOTE]
I stand corrected! Good luck on your interview!

• Care
Aw... I submitted my primary to Tulane on 7/15, didn't get a secondary until 8/4, submitted it 8/4, and still not under review. interview dates are already full throughout the year. feeling disheartened tbh :(

I remember having to email them for a secondary... guess that's why I got a secondary so late :/

Last edited:
  • Care
yeah after snooping through last years thread it looks like they do one big wave of very early apps. they then stop. so if you were complete in August you probably won't be under review until October. they don't really seem to sent more II and instead pull from their holds and waitlists that were also early. really stupid system. and seems like i just donated 130 dollars to this school

II today!!! Worked super late at my clinic and by the time I logged on my interview is 2/4/2021 :oops: Still incredibly excited nonetheless!!!
Complete 9/8, Submitted 8/4, LM 68.8

II today!!! Worked super late at my clinic and by the time I logged on my interview is 2/4/2021 :oops: Still incredibly excited nonetheless!!!
Complete 9/8, Submitted 8/4, LM 68.8
hmm we submitted the same day but I still haven't gotten an under-review/complete email. weird.

Last edited:
Does anyone have any insight as to why some people who are complete later are getting under review emails before those who were complete earlier? Shouldn’t the “under review emails” supposedly be chronological?

Last edited:
Does anyone have any insight as to why some people who are complete later are getting under review emails before those who were complete earlier? Isn’t it supposedly chronological?

Reviews are rarely, if ever, chronological and rather are likely stratified by stats and other factors

Reviews are rarely, if ever, chronological and rather are likely stratified by stats and other factors
I know the actual reviews likely aren’t in order, but I mean the “under review” emails. Didn’t it seem like the under review emails were going based on when people submitted their secondaries? It seemed like people around early August were starting to get under review emails this week.

I know the actual reviews likely aren’t in order, but I mean the “under review” emails. Didn’t it seem like the under review emails were going based on when people submitted their secondaries? It seemed like people around early August were starting to get under review emails this week.
it looks like it is in order. unless people have applied or went to school/grad school at the school. looks like it takes them about two months to put people under review at this point

Does anyone have any insight as to why some people who are complete later are getting under review emails before those who were complete earlier? Isn’t it supposedly chronological?
A common theme I was seeing was IS, re-app, or ties to the school (master’s program).

I don't think they care about IS since they're private. But I agree the order everything happens in doesn't make a lot of sense.

under review since 8/6 and no sign of anything rip.. i really like this school too haha :(

might be an unpopular opinion, but is it possible that they are releasing different interview dates during each "wave" of interviews? (ex. next wave will have some october/november dates), or do you really think the next dates will be February+

Not a bad opinion at all. That’s what we’d hope for cause this seems wayyy to fast and unfair for lots of people especially in this cycle

Complete since 8/1, still not even under review...

A common theme I was seeing was IS, re-app, or ties to the school (master’s program).
I fit none of these categories yet I got an "under review" email on 9/14, and I was complete 9/3. It's all a crapshoot!

Anyone know how many spots each interview date had?

I was ED at another school but got released so I just added Tulane to my AMCAS this week. Seeing that interview dates are supposedly already filled for the rest of the year is reeeeaaaally disheartening. I want to apply here, but is it even worth it at this point??? I'm IS. I don't want to feel like I'm just giving them a donation with that secondary fee, ha

Last edited:
might be an unpopular opinion, but is it possible that they are releasing different interview dates during each "wave" of interviews? (ex. next wave will have some october/november dates), or do you really think the next dates will be February+
I believe most schools add more dates as the cycle progresses.

That's totally possible, but what I will say is that I was given options from September to February. Considering the amount of applicants they get, I wouldn't be surprised if seats actually were filled up until February

Does anyone know the post-II acceptance rate for Tulane (or have a USNWR scrip and can check...)? It's not available on the post-II A google sheet.

Placed on hold a moment ago. URM, OOS, secondary submitted 7/19 and under review 8/3. Does anyone know if this is a soft R or if individuals are actually pulled off the list? Apologies if this has been asked before