2020-2021 UC San Diego

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
when does school start?

Members don't see this ad.

As a WL individual, I have a moral dilemma going on: they said to not upload any further information, BUT i wrote a kick ass LOI...... should I just.... upload? :( Or does anyone have any idea on whether they will be sending us a message to upload any time soon? #anxious

If you’re MSTP, def worth sending.

Triton admit website! Tritonmdadmit

Email the admissions team for the password.

Members don't see this ad :)
As a WL individual, I have a moral dilemma going on: they said to not upload any further information, BUT i wrote a kick ass LOI...... should I just.... upload? :( Or does anyone have any idea on whether they will be sending us a message to upload any time soon? #anxious
They said they would contact applicants on the WL sometime in April to request updates. I would wait until they contact us.

Reactions: 1 user
Did anyone get an email about their grad housing waitlist application? I just did about it being switched to a single sign on where I supposedly have a school ID....but I’m on the waitlist for regular MD....trying not to read into this LOL

Did anyone get an email about their grad housing waitlist application? I just did about it being switched to a single sign on where I supposedly have a school ID....but I’m on the waitlist for regular MD....trying not to read into this LOL
I haven't and I'm on the waitlist too

I haven’t either. Didn’t submit a housing application though

I’m admitted and received it. I’m pretty sure it has absolutely 0 to do with admissions but is related to having submitted a housing application.

Last edited:
one and only A on april 6th at 10 am!! I interviewed back in january for the MSTP and can't believe I got into the MD only program this late. so excited to return to my alma mater! also, I submitted my app super late (end of october) and have meh stats (508 MCAT taken during covid, ~3.4 sgpa, and I'm Asian... but do have pretty unique ECs and other awards), but I made it in!!!

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Care
Reactions: 17 users
Accepted students! I wanted to check in. Do we HAVE to submit a plan to enroll by April 30 or does sd not require that?

Members don't see this ad :)
one and only A on april 6th at 10 am!! I interviewed back in january for the MSTP and can't believe I got in this late. so excited to return to my alma mater! also, I submitted my app super late (end of october) and have meh stats (508 MCAT taken during covid, ~3.4 sgpa, and I'm Asian... but do have pretty unique ECs and other awards), but I made it in!!!
That’s fantastic!! Are you joining the mstp?

they went out last week! a few people on the class groupme said they got it, sorry!
I emailed the director of the program because I hadn't received any correspondence, and he says I'm on the program waitlist. He says he expects some movement on the waitlist after April 30th, so there's still hope for PRIME program acceptances!

Is this WL really unranked? The email Brain sent us notifying of us of the WL says it’s unranked but I thought I remember him saying that they have some kind of internal ranking system during interview day.

Is this WL really unranked? The email Brain sent us notifying of us of the WL says it’s unranked but I thought I remember him saying that they have some kind of internal ranking system during interview day.
I think for the WL, they pick students who are similar in some way shape or form (same geographical area, similar background) to the students who withdraw their As

Does anyone know when admissions will start offering acceptances to people on the waitlist?

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone received an email yet inviting people on the WL to share updates? I remember them saying they'd send something about that in April and said do not send updates before then.

Has all merit aid been awarded? Any chance they'll send out more offers after April 30?

I think for the WL, they pick students who are similar in some way shape or form (same geographical area, similar background) to the students who withdraw their As
They said on interview day that unranked means that they’ll pick from the WL to diversify the class in terms of backgrounds, SES, experiences, etc

Has anyone received an email yet inviting people on the WL to share updates? I remember them saying they'd send something about that in April and said do not send updates before then.
I emailed and asked Brian and he said hopefully by early next week they should send out the email!

Reactions: 3 users
Any idea what WL movement will look like this year here? Are we expecting similar results as what’s posted in MSAR?

Does anyone know if we can submit letters of support at this time? I emailed and never got a response about this
I was told additional letters of recc at this time aren’t considered/ are unnecessary. Not sure if anyone was told different.

Any idea what WL movement will look like this year here? Are we expecting similar results as what’s posted in MSAR?
No idea. This cycle has been an unusual one. Previous WL movements have shown that 10-30 get off a waitlist of 300...so the odds are low.

I got my update email at 0700

Reactions: 6 users
Has anyone heard anything about merit aid yet?
emailed UCSD to see if they would match another scholarship today and the response was that merit aid is "limited" right now but there might be some movement in the next few weeks. I assume it's been given out already and more will be available once ppl withdraw on the 30th but who knows

emailed UCSD to see if they would match another scholarship today and the response was that merit aid is "limited" right now but there might be some movement in the next few weeks. I assume it's been given out already and more will be available once ppl withdraw on the 30th but who knows
+1 I emailed today and got a similar response.

• Care
Just withdrew from WL. Good luck to all of you still waiting!

Reactions: 7 users
How long are y'alls update letters? Would it be too late to send it in now?

Mine is 2 pages (half update, half letter of intent), 1.15 spacing with spaces between paragraphs? I know they said they don't care about formatting that much, but I'm still a bit worried.