2020-2021 UC San Francisco

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

LizzyM 82.5, IS, went to school in the area, have not recieved a secondary. :'(
Their website says to expect secondaries between 3 and 10 weeks following transmission of your application to them. It’s barely been 2, don’t worry about it.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
We're more about the WARS here.
Oops I'll edit the post
Their website says to expect secondaries between 3 and 10 weeks following transmission of your application to them. It’s barely been 2, don’t worry about it.
Thank you for the reassurance! I wanted to provide a n=1 bullet point so that others weren't worried either haha. I'm drowning in automatic secondaries so I can use the extra time lmao
 
Oops I'll edit the post

Thank you for the reassurance! I wanted to provide a n=1 bullet point so that others weren't worried either haha. I'm drowning in automatic secondaries so I can use the extra time lmao
Same here! I’ve yet to receive a few secondaries as well, but I’m more than happy to wait a bit longer!
 
My application won't be verified until the second week of August and my MCAT won't be back until the 3rd week. Y'all gave me a panic attack when I saw "did they give out all of their secondaries?" lol
 
For the update/expand upon your activities, do you think it would work to update them on how COVID has affected my activities here?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
No, you're not. I haven't gotten a secondary yet, and I'm also in-state and live in commuting distance to UCSF. I really think they're still just going through applications, as it takes a lot of time to do that. If we wait, we'll all be fine. I don't think not receiving a secondary yet says anything about our candidacy. It's still very early.
I second this! All the UCs screen heavily where someone actually reads your app first before sending a secondary and it usually comes down to when they get to yours/how fast they read!
 
No, you're not. I haven't gotten a secondary yet, and I'm also in-state and live in commuting distance to UCSF. I really think they're still just going through applications, as it takes a lot of time to do that. If we wait, we'll all be fine. I don't think not receiving a secondary yet says anything about our candidacy. It's still very early.

+1. Their website also says that secondaries will be sent within 3-10 weeks of them receiving our primary. It's definitely still on the early end for them.
 
EDIT: submitted 5/28 not 6/28

Secondary received, OOS, 515/4.0, URM, submitted primary on 5/28 and verified 4 days later, transmitted on 7/10. Idk if anyone cares about all those stats but figured I’d offer them in case anyone is anxiously watching the forum and comparing stats (definitely been there for a few schools)
 
Last edited:
1596157692187.png
 
Secondary received, OOS, 515/4.0, URM, submitted primary on 6/28 and verified 4 days later, transmitted on 7/10. Idk if anyone cares about all those stats but figured I’d offer them in case anyone is anxiously watching the forum and comparing stats (definitely been there for a few schools)
Dang your verification time was super fast
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
In May, the verification times were way faster. they got backed up :/
Oh wait did you mean your primary was complete 5/28, not 6/28? If that's the case maybe UCSF is going through apps in the order people were complete because the people who got secondaries seem to have super early complete dates
 
Oh wait did you mean your primary was complete 5/28, not 6/28? If that's the case maybe UCSF is going through apps in the order people were complete because the people who got secondaries seem to have super early complete dates
Yeah I got a secondary yesterday and submitted 5/28, verified 6/1. Could definitely be order based.
 
IS, submitted 5/31 and verified 6/16 and nothing yet 🙁 but ik I'm being neurotic!! and just gotta wait and see

EDIT: received 8/4!
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If we apply to the PRIME program but get rejected, we're still eligible to be accepted into UCSF's regular MD program, right?
 
If we apply to the PRIME program but get rejected, we're still eligible to be accepted into UCSF's regular MD program, right?
Yes! And I don't believe the MD adcoms will read your PRIME essay so that shouldn't have an effect (I could be wrong tho)