2020-2021 UNC - Chapel Hill

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
I would give my kidney for a portal update

• Haha
Reactions: 14 users
omg just changed to decided... idk how to feel. stressing. hopefully good news!

Reactions: 6 users
Did anybody who got an A receive that random FAFSA email back on Jan 22nd?? I'm trying to grasp at any sign of hope at this point 🙃

Did anybody who got an A receive that random FAFSA email back on Jan 22nd?? I'm trying to grasp at any sign of hope at this point 🙃
I personally did not receive the email and was accepted 12/15

Reactions: 1 user
I personally did not receive the email and was accepted 12/15
Conversely, I did receive the FAFSA email and am still awaiting a decision.

Edit: I am fairly certain it doesn't mean anything for us.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
For anyone that has emailed admissions for whatever reason, about how long does it take for a response if you ever even received one? I notified them of an updated address and would like a confirmation before I officially move. Here’s to hoping!

I swear the only days I get spam calls are the days I see an A posted in here.

Side note, applied last year and got the fasfa email but got an R a year from today.

my BP now > when I submitted my secondaries.

this process has AGED me.

Attachments

• 53F581E1-2EF5-44E0-B197-92286E5FB932.jpeg
    53F581E1-2EF5-44E0-B197-92286E5FB932.jpeg
    121.4 KB · Views: 41
Reactions: 5 users
Friend of mine that interviewed end of January was just accepted

• Love
So based on last year's thread this week last year everyone after today is either rejected or waitlisted?

• Sad
So based on last year's thread this week last year everyone after today is either rejected or waitlisted?
I’m not saying anything is definite because obviously I’m not adcom and I can only speculate, but I would at least give it till the end of the week. And like prior people have said, no news is good news!

Wonder if all the early people (September October) are just mostly Rs now. Whatever it is, I’m extremely frustrated that there is 0 communication for people who have waited 5-6 months. +3 No portal change either

• Sad
Reactions: 5 users
Do yall think waitlists/rejections is next. I literally looked through the previous years thread and each year after a huge acceptance wave on tuesday they started giving rejections and WL?

October 5th Interview, still awaiting decision

I know some people are checking this thread anxiously. I myself am still awaiting decision. I wanna say to all those lurkers — don't worry. It's possible decisions got pushed back because of the two week delay in the cycle. Enjoy the rest of your week and stop refreshing this page and your portal

• Care
Reactions: 12 users
Just got the post-II R. Rough, but honestly my interview did not go too well so I'm not surprised at all. Interviewed in October. Good luck to everyone though!! Keep killing it!
@effervescentseaotter Hi! Sorry to hear about your R and best of luck with other schools. Wanted to ask exactly how the R played out if you don't mind? You got a portal change, and then the next day there was an email to check the portal, and then when checking the portal you saw an R? No pressure to share if you don't want to!

I wasn't checking everyday so I got an email that said there was a portal update with an admission decision which I checked and it was an R. Hopefully this helps. Not particularly sure on what the exact timeline of events is.

Hello everyone! Just thought I’d offer some relief by letting you know, I just spoke with an MS1 that found out UNC is using March 15th as the deadline they’re following. So hopefully you’ll hear something soon.

Reactions: 8 users
Hello everyone! Just thought I’d offer some relief by letting you know, I just spoke with an MS1 that found out UNC is using March 15th as the deadline they’re following. So hopefully you’ll hear something soon.
Thanks for the info!! Do you think that means the committee will meet one more time on March 15 and then let people know next week? Or will everything be decided this week?

Thanks for the info!! Do you think that means the committee will meet one more time on March 15 and then let people know next week? Or will everything be decided this week?
That I can’t answer as of right now. I would assume if they were sending out decisions by March 15th then this would be the last week they would meet, but your guess is as good as mine.