-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 UNC - Chapel Hill
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
docdoncic1598
New Member
Same :/ ^
October interview, still awaiting decision on portal (no change)
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Barron2019
Full Member
I’m more nervous now I think. Just afraid with it being this late in the week it’s an R
FutureMed2021
Full Member
Mine says awaiting decision. Since only a few got it it might be good news
Barron2019
Full Member
All I can do is hope at this pointMine says awaiting decision. Since only a few got it it might be good news
Cross our fingers for you guys!
Mine didn’t eitherBy "anyone else" are you implying that yours did?
Edit: because no, it did not 🙁
FutureMed2021
Full Member
I just don't see if there are further acceptance to be sent why it would be sent later in the week instead of the day when all acceptances went out.
leemc55
New Member
They may have met again in anticipation of Monday being the 15th and made more decisions? Or it could just be a wave of WL/R. Truly none of us know and we are all anxiously grasping at any sign, so I apologize to everyone else who is feeling as mentally and emotionally drained as I am. We will all be okay!I just don't see if there are further acceptance to be sent why it would be sent later in the week instead of the day when all acceptances went out.
Barron2019
Full Member
Does this make anyone want to go into psych? 😂They may have met again in anticipation of Monday being the 15th and made more decisions? Or it could just be a wave of WL/R. Truly none of us know and we are all anxiously grasping at any sign, so I apologize to everyone else who is feeling as mentally and emotionally drained as I am. We will all be okay!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
We just hope it's good news for all of you! Maybe we can all get off this crazy train ride sooner rather than later.They may have met again in anticipation of Monday being the 15th and made more decisions? Or it could just be a wave of WL/R. Truly none of us know and we are all anxiously grasping at any sign, so I apologize to everyone else who is feeling as mentally and emotionally drained as I am. We will all be okay!
Here's a tally of those who just received a "decided" portal change.
Sept - 1
Oct - 1
Nov - 1
Dec - 1
Jan - 1
Feb - 1
Maybe they are picking their favorites from each month...
Edit: this is pure speculation, I don't know how to interpret the data here
Sept - 1
Oct - 1
Nov - 1
Dec - 1
Jan - 1
Feb - 1
Maybe they are picking their favorites from each month...
Edit: this is pure speculation, I don't know how to interpret the data here
I’m also an october interview so that’s 2Here's a tally of those who just received a "decided" portal change.
Sept - 1
Oct - 1
Nov - 1
Dec - 1
Jan - 1
Feb - 1
Maybe they are picking their favorites from each month...
Edit: this is pure speculation, I don't know how to interpret the data here
Don't give up hope just yet. I know the WL/R wave came around this time last year. But they are running late, so that has to factor in somewhere. It could be a late A wave. The "A wave" from earlier this week was underwhelming compared to the previous years.If there are that many decided on SDN then there are probably way more decided that aren’t on SDN. This sounds like WL/R.
I don't believe in god but I might for the next few hours
Saaaame praying so hard now
Also, going through last years thread and correct me if I’m wrong but it seemed like their portals changed to “waitlist” if WL, not “decided”.
Oh wait I thought it was only between awaiting decision and decided
ok then I may have no idea what I’m talking about lmaoOh wait I thought it was only between awaiting decision and decided
someone on last year’s wrote this “mine says decided after accepting WL”
FutureMed2021
Full Member
Well, the common consensus seems to be that if your interview went really well, todays decided can be really good news.
Last edited:
Well, the common consensus seems to be that if your interview went really well, todays decided can be really good news.
See I thought it went well afterwards but now, 5-6 months later, I’ve thought of every thing I could or should have said and have replaced that confidence with doubt lol so i dunno
yup same. it was also my first interview so I had nothing to compare it to lololSee I thought it went well afterwards but now, 5-6 months later, I’ve thought of every thing I could or should have said and have replaced that confidence with doubt lol so i dunno
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
futuredoc4634
Full Member
Sameee. I’m still awaiting decision, but either way hope I didn’t shoot myself in the foot by taking it as my first interview 🙁yup same. it was also my first interview so I had nothing to compare it to lolol
FutureMed2021
Full Member
What would really suck is if they updated the portal and didn't notify you all until Monday of what the decision is.
Two helpful things I learned in the army was to enjoy the “hurry up and wait process” and have extremely low expectations. Oh and a lil jack and coke to embrace the suck.What would really suck is if they updated the portal and didn't notify you all until Monday of what the decision is.
lol isn't that the truth. Weapons draw 0430, Commo Check 0830, Convoy Brief 0845, Range SP time 0930.... WHY DID WE GET THERE AT 0430?! Or freaking showing up to manifest at 0530 for an 1100 TOT. But still after 12 years in the Army, this wait still sucks.Two helpful things I learned in the army was to enjoy the “hurry up and wait process” and have extremely low expectations. Oh and a lil jack and coke to embrace the suck.
my UNC interview felt like my best and it was my first. It just felt great. I got done and couldn't be happier. Still awaiting decision. ughI mean I felt like my interview went extremely well but mine still says awaiting decision. Staying hopeful 🤗
Just got WLed. Interviewed 1/28.
WL just now
wannabMD123
Full Member
Just got hit with that waitlist for the second year in a row. WOOT WOOT! Sept interview
Barron2019
Full Member
We’re these emails?WL'd - interviewed jan
futuredoc4634
Full Member
WL, yes emailWe’re these emails?
SwimmingDoc
Full Member
WL as well, was awaiting decision when I checked earlier. I'll take it!
Barron2019
Full Member
Oh no, now I don’t know if changing to decided earlier today was good or bad
Does anyone know if the waitlist is ranked? Also is there typically a lot of movement? Also can schools who have waitlisted you see if you have other acceptances? Wondering if they will purposely choose people on the waitlist that don’t have an acceptance over someone who does. Sorry for all the questions
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have absolutely no idea what to think right nowOh no, now I don’t know if changing to decided earlier today was good or bad
docdoncic1598
New Member
+2, September II+1, interviewed 11/9
bluelikestars
Full Member
WL Interviewed 9/28
Just got the waitlist email. My portal still says awaiting decision
+1 WL email, no portal change as of yet