2020-2021 Utah

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone! Hope everyone's' holidays are going well. Not sure where to ask/find this info, but does the UofU SOM have requirements on which laptop devices to get, and/or do they give them to students as part of their tuition fees? Thanks in advance. 🙂
 
Hey everyone! Hope everyone's' holidays are going well. Not sure where to ask/find this info, but does the UofU SOM have requirements on which laptop devices to get, and/or do they give them to students as part of their tuition fees? Thanks in advance. 🙂
A friend of mine is currently an MS1 and she said that they give you an iPad! She said you have to take exams on the iPad, and some people only use it for that bc they have their own preferred devices but she uses it for more than that!
 
A friend of mine is currently an MS1 and she said that they give you an iPad! She said you have to take exams on the iPad, and some people only use it for that bc they have their own preferred devices but she uses it for more than that!
Oh whoa that's amazing! 🙂 Currently debating which devices to get so this is good to hear, haha.
 
Thanks! I can’t remember if Dr. Chan said our date would hear back before or after New Years. I’m feeling extra neurotic today haha
I interviewed Nov. 6th and it seems like lots of folks don't hear back until much later -- like not till March(I still haven't heard anything so I'm clinging on to this thread of hope! ha!). Did Dr. Chan say to expect to hear before then?
 
I interviewed Nov. 6th and it seems like lots of folks don't hear back until much later -- like not till March(I still haven't heard anything so I'm clinging on to this thread of hope! ha!). Did Dr. Chan say to expect to hear before then?
I think about 1/3 of accepted students hear before March while the majority hear in March
 
I think about 1/3 of accepted students hear before March while the majority hear in March
I unfortunately don’t think this is the case anymore ): Utahs website also says they utilize rolling admissions. I’m a reapplicant and last year almost everyone I knew and here on sdn who heard back on March 15th were waitlisted or rejected. I think if you are accepted, you usually find out around 1-2 months after your interview (there were 1 or 2 people accepted in March on sdn last year tho, so I don’t know for sure!)
714FF63E-B51E-4CB2-BDE2-C685AC8B4F7D.jpeg
 
Last edited:
I unfortunately don’t think this is the case anymore ): Utahs website also says they utilize rolling admissions. I’m a reapplicant and last year almost everyone I knew and here on sdn who heard back on March 15th were waitlisted or rejected. I think if you are accepted, you usually find out around 1-2 months after your interview (there were 1 or 2 people accepted in March on sdn last year tho, so I don’t know for sure!)View attachment 326580
Oh good to know. I’ve also head that a WL spot at Utah is almost as good as an acceptance. Probably a little bit of hyperbole obviously. but do you know if there is more movement on the Utah WL compared to other schools?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
II received yesterday! IS, LM 71.5, secondary complete end of September. Thanks to all of you for posting advice about the assessment day. Can anyone tell me how long the SVI takes?
Depends on how many times you practice it. Without any practice, no longer than 15 minutes. I would practice at least twice though, so probably 30-45 mins.

has anyone who has been accepted received the background check email?
I haven't seen one but it says processing on the acceptance materials page.
 
does anyone who has been accepted know when we will hear about financial aid (FASFA/scholarships)? also I'm wondering about housing info! thx
 
ok thanks! I also thought the scholarship applications would be open by Jan 1st but I guess not?
Oh sorry I thought you meant when will we start hearing about offers. Yeah, the scholarship application should be open now, have you checked your portal?
 
Hey yall, so I haven't even been accepted (please!) or WL yet, but I just realized I forgot we are supposed to fill out FAFSA for financial aid. Does anyone remember the deadline?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
so on my portal you can start filling out the application details for the scholarships but there is no submit or save button... should I just keep waiting until we get the email to fill it out? I also did receive the background check email last Friday
 
so on my portal you can start filling out the application details for the scholarships but there is no submit or save button... should I just keep waiting until we get the email to fill it out? I also did receive the background check email last Friday
Who did the email come from?
 
Has anyone been able to access the scholarship application already? I received an email yesterday saying that "The Supplemental Application for Institutional Scholarships and Loans is now available on your applicant portal" but after accessing the portal, it says the app is not available.
 
Has anyone been able to access the scholarship application already? I received an email yesterday saying that "The Supplemental Application for Institutional Scholarships and Loans is now available on your applicant portal" but after accessing the portal, it says the app is not available.
yeah i emailed them and they said that there was a problem with it so IT took it down for a bit to fix it
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Are there any Idaho applicants lurking out here with acceptances? Is there anyone that personally knows an Idaho applicant who has already been accepted? If you or your loved ones have experienced an Idaho acceptance in the last 5 months, you may be entitled to (imaginary) financial compensation. All you have to do is shoot me a DM, please!

- with love,
An incredibly neurotic Idahomie