2020-2021 Washington University in St. Louis

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thanks! No email yet. My interviewer said it might take a couple of days. I know an MSTP friend who got a call this morning so calls may vary.
Thanks for the insight! I interviewed in mid October so I have been nervously waiting since. I sent an update/interest letter this morning, however it seems I missed the adcom meeting by a day! Oh well, hopefully it still helps.

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Just received the call from my interviewer!! I literally sounded hysterical laughing on the phone. I’m so so so happy to be accepted omg!!

• Love
Reactions: 14 users
Just received the call from my interviewer!! I literally sounded hysterical laughing on the phone. I’m so so so happy to be accepted omg!!
Congratulations! Do you mind sharing when you interviewed?

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow congrats! Does anyone think they'll have any A's for people who interviewed on 11/30 and 12/1? that'd be such quick turnaround

Just got the call, too! Last thing I expected on a Sunday afternoon. Interviewed 10/14. Pretty sure I sounded ridiculous on the phone with how pumped I was 😂

• Love
Reactions: 15 users
Got the acceptance call too!!! Didn't expect it at all, and I apologized to the adcom member for shouting LOL

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
Seeing people get A'd from the week you interviewed o_O. Congratulation to y'all!!

• Care
Do all accepted students here get calls, or do some just not hear they're accepted until they get an email?

Seeing people get A'd from the week you interviewed o_O. Congratulation to y'all!!
Same here :/. Interviewed early October. Wash U is my dream school.

Is it too late to send a Letter of Interest/Intent? Was hesitant to send one earlier in the season since I hadn't interviewed at many places yet, but I've definitely been most impressed by Wash U as I've interviewed at more schools.

• Care
Is it too late to send a Letter of Interest/Intent? Was hesitant to send one earlier in the

I sent one via email to the admissions committee, and I uploaded it onto my application portal. I also emailed my interviewers a few days after interview day. Not sure if doing so helped my chances or not (n = 1), but it's worth a try! My letter was like ~300 words.

Members don't see this ad :)
Any November interviewees got As?

Reactions: 3 users
Have anyone who received a call over the weekend or Friday gotten their acceptance by email yet? Wondering if not everyone accepted will receive a call but will get the notified by email on the same date.

Congrats on the e-mails. Guess the rest of us will have to wait for the January A round.

• Love
  • Sad
Reactions: 2 users
When are early November interviewees expected to hear back? Sorry if this has already been answered--I forgot to write it down on my interview day and now have the dates mixed up with other schools :(
I don't think there's any 1 date to expect to hear based on when you interview. The next wave of acceptances will come in January after their monthly admissions committee meeting I believe. Should be on either Jan 7th or 14th I'm guessing (I heard they meet on Thursdays).

Reactions: 5 users
I apologize for the neurotic question, but to those who submitted a post-interview update/letter of interest, did you receive any confirmation of receipt? Lowkey feels like I'm sending it into a void, but also definitely understand that responding to LoI emails is not a high adcom priority

I apologize for the neurotic question, but to those who submitted a post-interview update/letter of interest, did you receive any confirmation of receipt? Lowkey feels like I'm sending it into a void, but also definitely understand that responding to LoI emails is not a high adcom priority
I got a response that confirmed it was added to my file. Short and sweet, nothing crazy.

II this afternoon. Complete mid-August. OOS

Reactions: 1 users
This is off on a tangent, but I was wondering if you upload an update letter to the Wash.U. portal, does it show up on the page? Or once we submit, does it not leave a record that it has been submitted before?

This is off on a tangent, but I was wondering if you upload an update letter to the Wash.U. portal, does it show up on the page? Or once we submit, does it not leave a record that it has been submitted before?
It shows up

Hey guys, just wanted to poll people's opinion on how much value WashU might place on a Letter of Intent. I have been fortunate enough to receive other acceptances and am very lucky with my position in this cycle, but I do think WashU is my first choice and interviewed in October. I'm considering sending a LOI because I don't want to try to come of the waitlist come March, but I do have some hesitancy since I haven't heard back about financial aid from other places/other interviews that might come out. Anyone have any thoughts on how beneficial a LOI is viewed by WashU. Thanks!

Hey guys, just wanted to poll people's opinion on how much value WashU might place on a Letter of Intent. I have been fortunate enough to receive other acceptances and am very lucky with my position in this cycle, but I do think WashU is my first choice and interviewed in October. I'm considering sending a LOI because I don't want to try to come of the waitlist come March, but I do have some hesitancy since I haven't heard back about financial aid from other places/other interviews that might come out. Anyone have any thoughts on how beneficial a LOI is viewed by WashU. Thanks!
Are you on the waitlist now? If so, I would wait. You'll be on the waitlist both now and until waitlist movement time regardless of when you send the LOI (unless they say they pull from the WL earlier).

Also, schools know that FA offers have not been sent out yet (most schools send them around the same time from what I can see), so I would think that your LOI will really be not viewed with much weight.

A letter of intent is promising that school that you *will* go to that school over peer (note: similarly "ranked") institution.

If you are really passionate and eager about this LOI, I would contact the FA office and ask them about how they match offers in a non-presumptive way (try your best not to come off as assuming you will get in, but with an approach that exudes more passion/curiosity about the school). With some answers, you can include the info you learned in your letter, which IMO will come off as you really being passionate about getting off the WL and really doing the work to make sure you are 100% sure, which is what a LOI is supposed to signal in the first place.

Is anyone else having problems scheduling the Eventbrite sessions? For me, it says that the event has ended and that sales ended.

Are you on the waitlist now? If so, I would wait. You'll be on the waitlist both now and until waitlist movement time regardless of when you send the LOI (unless they say they pull from the WL earlier).

Also, schools know that FA offers have not been sent out yet (most schools send them around the same time from what I can see), so I would think that your LOI will really be not viewed with much weight.

A letter of intent is promising that school that you *will* go to that school over peer (note: similarly "ranked") institution.

If you are really passionate and eager about this LOI, I would contact the FA office and ask them about how they match offers in a non-presumptive way (try your best not to come off as assuming you will get in, but with an approach that exudes more passion/curiosity about the school). With some answers, you can include the info you learned in your letter, which IMO will come off as you really being passionate about getting off the WL and really doing the work to make sure you are 100% sure, which is what a LOI is supposed to signal in the first place.
Hi thanks for the detailed response and some good suggestions. I don’t believe they waitlist anyone until March (I am not on the WL), but they do a slow release of acceptances starting in November and each following month with most acceptances coming in March. Initial thinking was sending a letter now would allow them to consider it before making a majority of their decisions.

I thought that Holiday greetings e-mail was an early X-mas A , haha. My heart was racing for a split second!

• Haha
  • Care
Reactions: 8 users
Got the call a few hours ago for a full tuition scholarship!! Definitely still in shock. In the span of 2 weeks got my first acceptance, scholarship, and now I know I'll be staying in STL!

• Love
Reactions: 27 users
Somewhat random question that I'm not sure if anyone has also been thinking about or if it's already been answered on here:

Do we think WashU's 2021 entering class will be 101ish students like the past two(?) years or 125ish students like it used to be in years prior to the curriculum change? In my understanding, the shift to a smaller class was to ameliorate the expected overlap in students in clinical rotations for the 2019 and 2020 entering classes, since 2020 entering students would start clinicals while the 2019 class would still be finishing up.

Or could it be that the new curriculum also came with a need for a smaller class size period and it will stay like that from now on?

• Hmm
Somewhat random question that I'm not sure if anyone has also been thinking about or if it's already been answered on here:

Do we think WashU's 2021 entering class will be 101ish students like the past two(?) years or 125ish students like it used to be in years prior to the curriculum change? In my understanding, the shift to a smaller class was to ameliorate the expected overlap in students in clinical rotations for the 2019 and 2020 entering classes, since 2020 entering students would start clinicals while the 2019 class would still be finishing up.

Or could it be that the new curriculum also came with a need for a smaller class size period and it will stay like that from now on?
I believe it is going to stick with the 100 student size (75 MD, 25 MSTP). For some reason, I think I remember some faculty or student saying that at some point. Could be wrong though.

For people who interviewed first week of December, did they mention when we might hear back?

Going through last year's thread, it seems like very few ppl get an A in Jan or Feb, majority seemed to be March. I interviewed mid Oct. The wait is killing me T.T

Reactions: 3 users
Going through last year's thread, it seems like very few ppl get an A in Jan or Feb, majority seemed to be March. I interviewed mid Oct. The wait is killing me T.T
I feel this. Also interviewed in October. Nervous. This is my top choice :( But I definitely don't think it's a lost cause, there is a while to go. Plus they also said April 15 instead of March 15 which is a departure from last year's trend. And while I think they did a lot (most?) of A's in March, I do remember seeing a lot in February too, or at least decisions were being made a bit more often starting in Feb rather than only once-ish a month.

AHHHhhH II just now!! Complete late-July, so there's H0pE. Info in sig

Reactions: 7 users
Also got the interview invite! Complete mid-late July. Their scheduling format is so confusing though! Should I be scheduling my tour/presentations/etc for the same day as my faculty interviews?

Also got the interview invite! Complete mid-late July. Their scheduling format is so confusing though! Should I be scheduling my tour/presentations/etc for the same day as my faculty interviews?
If you want to, sure, but I did them on separate days.