2020-2021 Washington University in St. Louis

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
+1 !!! I literally did the same wrt checking call history repeatedly lol
Congrats!!!!!!!!!!! Did you have any changes in your portal?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
As someone who interviewed between 10/15 and 10/23 and definitely did not get a call from a St. Louis area code on friday...I am Concerned

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
As someone who interviewed between 10/15 and 10/23 and definitely did not get a call from a St. Louis area code on friday...I am Concerned
I feel this. I interviewed the following week so hoping maybe they haven't gotten there yet? But also I've heard in past years that when you get accepted doesn't necessarily correlate to when you interviewed. Like they don't necessarily go chronologically.

• Care

IKR feels bad man. Im praying that my interviewer(s) was busy and was taking their time to submit the write up although tbh idk if that feels better

• Care
A!!! just received the call!
Interviewed early Oct
Area code was NOT St. Louis btw

• Love
Reactions: 18 users
Lowkey missing those admissions emails every monday

Kept it spicy lol

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users
For those who have interviewed, how were you able to sign up for WashU Wednesdays? I never received an email about it and don't see an option to sign up on the interview site

just submitted here for fun because I had some disposable income, y'all think i can get an interview by march xd

For those who have interviewed, how were you able to sign up for WashU Wednesdays? I never received an email about it and don't see an option to sign up on the interview site
You should contact them if you haven't received an email, because that's how I got the information for how to sign up.

Reactions: 1 users
IKR feels bad man. Im praying that my interviewer(s) was busy and was taking their time to submit the write up although tbh idk if that feels better
A friend of mine is an M1 at WashU. Told me it took like 3 months to hear back after the interview. Hang in there (also trying to reassure myself tbh).

• Care
  • Wow
Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
A!!! just received the call!
Interviewed early Oct
Area code was NOT St. Louis btw
Was it at least Missouri? Trying to know if I need to pick up every spam call from every state that comes my way haha

Did you ever figure this out? I also can't see how to sign up

Anybody know if it is one batch of calls and that's it for a couple weeks, or do they give out calls/As slowly throughout the cycle?

Anybody know if it is one batch of calls and that's it for a couple weeks, or do they give out calls/As slowly throughout the cycle?

I am not 100% sure but based on my brief scrutiny over the last year's thread, it's not just one batch of calls but happens throughout the cycle (wusm does a rolling admissions). It seems like a small group of people would get a early call while the rest of accepted people will hear much later in the cycle (late Jan-early March).

I scheduled my Conversation w/ Admissions Leadership session 1 hour before my Financing Your Medical Education session. For anybody who has done these sessions, is one hour enough time between sessions or should I try to reschedule?

I scheduled my Conversation w/ Admissions Leadership session 1 hour before my Financing Your Medical Education session. For anybody who has done these sessions, is one hour enough time between sessions or should I try to reschedule?

you’ll be fine! they both took up less than 45 minutes when I attended

Does anyone want to take one for the team and ask about a decisions timeline during Why Washu Wed tonight?

• Love
Hey everyone, can anyone tell me what the dress code was for the tour/info sessions?

Hey everyone, can anyone tell me what the dress code was for the tour/info sessions?
Tour was casual. My tour guide was wearing a hoodie. Info sessions I would go more formal, some people were in suits. I don't think you need to be in business formal but I would try and look classy.

Interviewing tomorrow! So excited! Thanks for all the helpful info on this thread everyone!

Anybody's tour guide not show up for the virtual tour? Im just waiting in this waiting area and I want to know if I should give up lol.

Is the end of November decision timeline (interviewed early Oct) for all decisions? Or just a few acceptances?

I am really sorry if this sounds entitled :/, but anyone else here with high stats who did not receive an II?

The reason why I ask is because when I was preparing to apply, I constantly heard from others (including faculty/physicians) that high stats was near guaranted II at this school. I was accepted to this school for undergrad and really, really liked it but ultimately chose not to attend to prohibitive cost, but I would love to come here for med school if given the chance.

My stats are 3.95/525 (LM 83 I believe) and my ECs are vanilla but still there (>1000 hrs of research+clinical exp).

I was complete 6 weeks (within window suggested on portal) after my AMCAS submission on 8/26, but I may have f'ed it up on the essays...

Very thankful for how far I've come, but my status at WashU has still been bothering me in all honesty 😔

I am really sorry if this sounds entitled :/, but anyone else here with high stats who did not receive an II?

The reason why I ask is because when I was preparing to apply, I constantly heard from others (including faculty/physicians) that high stats was near guaranted II at this school. I was accepted to this school for undergrad and really, really liked it but ultimately chose not to attend to prohibitive cost, but I would love to come here for med school if given the chance.

My stats are 3.95/525 (LM 83 I believe) and my ECs are vanilla but still there (>1000 hrs of research+clinical exp).

I was complete 6 weeks (within window suggested on portal) after my AMCAS submission on 8/26, but I may have f'ed it up on the essays...

Very thankful for how far I've come, but my status at WashU has still been bothering me in all honesty 😔
Count me in . No II yet. Completed date 9/12 . Engineering cGPA 3.85 MCAT 526 , research hours > 2000 EMT > 1000 hrs ,1 Poster presentations. I got admitted for my undergraduate but chose to attend another private school due to Merit scholarships.

+2 no II, don't have crazy ec hours at all but some are pretty unique experiences

I also have fairly high stats (LM 80) and fairly unique ECs (I'm a non-trad). Completed in late July and no II but I've gotten II from other top schools.

Is the end of November decision timeline (interviewed early Oct) for all decisions? Or just a few acceptances?

As I understand the majority of decisions don't come until the spring, and only a small number of people get As initially - I may be wrong though.

• Love
Listen, the waiting is really tough. I had a LizzyM of 80 or so and didn't get a II here until December 27. I know it sucks, but keep being patient. We're still really behind this year.

As for acceptances, yes, usually a lot of people get in in the spring!

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Listen, the waiting is really tough. I had a LizzyM of 80 or so and didn't get a II here until December 27. I know it sucks, but keep being patient. We're still really behind this year.

As for acceptances, yes, usually a lot of people get in in the spring!
Thank you so much for all of your help! I know this isn't super patient of me, but do you know if any more acceptances are being given out soon? It seems like there was a first wave a week or two ago and haven't been any since.

I genuinely have no idea what the actual release schedule looks like. I'm shocked any went out last week, I personally wasn't expecting anything until this week or next. I can ask Dean Ratts, but the answer I'll probably get is, "Acceptances are ongoing, plenty more will come out, spring is our big dump of acceptances, etcetera." Hopefully more will be out soon!

I'm taking the rest of the week off (studying, baking for Thanksgiving, Thanksgiving itself, plus some much needed personal time), but I'll be back next week. Feel free, as always, to DM me with questions or to put them here - I'll get to them sooner or later.

Reactions: 6 users
Ok, I hate to be "that guy," but I'll ask because I'm sure others are thinking about it. Does attending the "Why WashU" weekly sessions have any impact on admissions? As in, do they record who shows up to what events?
Of course, I want to attend any info sessions I can to learn more about the school, but I don't want to get attached over several months only to be rejected at the end lol. If I get in, I'd definitely try to learn as much as possible, fly out to visit WashU, explore St. Louis, etc. But until then I wouldn't want to come off as disinterested.

Reactions: 12 users
Attending the sessions with student groups has no bearing on admission decisions, right? I received an invite to meet with SNMA & LMSA but the meeting conflicts with my work schedule. I really wish I could attend, but probably not going to be able to.

I got a call on Wednesday- got a full tuition scholarship!- interviewed early October

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Care
Reactions: 23 users
Does anyone have any tips for preparing for the video interview? Seems to be like it's nothing like the practice questions

Does anyone have any tips for preparing for the video interview? Seems to be like it's nothing like the practice questions
Just rip the bandage off and do it. My qs were more situational so just have some anecdotes in mind.

Just rip the bandage off and do it. My qs were more situational so just have some anecdotes in mind.
How long do you have to record the answer? Is it the same as the practice?