-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 George Washington
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
sillyscrubs
New Member
Does anyone have a time estimate from seeing a II invite on the portal to receiving the formal invitation?
"Your file has been reviewed and you will receive a formal invitation by email about how to schedule a virtual interview. Until the time the formal invitation is sent, there is nothing additional you must do."
Hi, did anyone see the above message in the application portal before getting asked for an interview, and if so, how long did it take you to hear from them? I don't want to reach out since it says "there's nothing you must do" My biggest fear is it getting lost in spam or junk or something.
Hi, did anyone see the above message in the application portal before getting asked for an interview, and if so, how long did it take you to hear from them? I don't want to reach out since it says "there's nothing you must do" My biggest fear is it getting lost in spam or junk or something.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey, have you ever heard back from them?Does GW do informal interview invites? I checked my portal this morning and this is the message: Your file has been reviewed and by the beginning of August you will receive a formal invitation by email about how to schedule a virtual interview. Until the time the formal invitation is sent, there is nothing additional you must do.
yeah! it took me 2 days to get the official interview invite after I saw the portal update. I have no idea for how long my portal said that though.Hey, have you ever heard back from them?
Hm... on one hand, yay! Hoping I'll get that same good news shortly!yeah! it took me 2 days to get the official interview invite after I saw the portal update. I have no idea for how long my portal said that though.
On the other hand, it has been about a week since I noticed it, so who knows how much longer it's been there....
I'm hoping that doesn't mean my fears were absolutely what happened...
Last question, did your portal message change at all since receiving the invite or doing the interview? I'm wondering if I can use the portal reliably or if they stop communicatign through it once they start emailing
Also, thank you so much for your response!!
Once I got the official invite, it changed ( I don’t remember to what). Now that I have completed the interview, the portal has changed to something like “thank you for interviewing, it takes maximum 8 weeks for the committee to do a full review of your application. We will contact you once a decision is made” So they use both to contact you, but it’s possible the portal is updated before an official email is sent.Hm... on one hand, yay! Hoping I'll get that same good news shortly!
On the other hand, it has been about a week since I noticed it, so who knows how much longer it's been there....
I'm hoping that doesn't mean my fears were absolutely what happened...
Last question, did your portal message change at all since receiving the invite or doing the interview? I'm wondering if I can use the portal reliably or if they stop communicatign through it once they start emailing
Also, thank you so much for your response!!
absurdlyabnormal
Full Member
Hi! I had this message in my portal as well. I first noticed it on 9/12 but have no idea how long it was there before then (maybe a week at most) and I just got my formal II today. I didn’t reach out to them so I guess I would hold off reaching out to them if I were you. I had the same worries though. You’ll be good! Congrats!"Your file has been reviewed and you will receive a formal invitation by email about how to schedule a virtual interview. Until the time the formal invitation is sent, there is nothing additional you must do."
Hi, did anyone see the above message in the application portal before getting asked for an interview, and if so, how long did it take you to hear from them? I don't want to reach out since it says "there's nothing you must do" My biggest fear is it getting lost in spam or junk or something.
simpinforanA
Full Member
Don't stress, you won't get lost! I got an update like that in late July and it said you would hear by the beginning of August and the invite came about official August 15th if I remember correctly. Good luck and get that A!!"Your file has been reviewed and you will receive a formal invitation by email about how to schedule a virtual interview. Until the time the formal invitation is sent, there is nothing additional you must do."
Hi, did anyone see the above message in the application portal before getting asked for an interview, and if so, how long did it take you to hear from them? I don't want to reach out since it says "there's nothing you must do" My biggest fear is it getting lost in spam or junk or something.
II today! Complete 8/16. I'm shocked.
I was told by every single person (my postbac premed advisor, people online, etc.). that I would not have a chance at this school and should not waste my money. If you feel this school is a good fit for you apply! I'm not one to share my stats, but let me just say my gpa is slightly below average and my MCAT retake is below average too but not by much. My first mcat score is way below their average.
There's hope guys and remember you each are so much more than your stats!
Best of luck to you guys!! I hope you get an interview here and have an awesome cycle.
I was told by every single person (my postbac premed advisor, people online, etc.). that I would not have a chance at this school and should not waste my money. If you feel this school is a good fit for you apply! I'm not one to share my stats, but let me just say my gpa is slightly below average and my MCAT retake is below average too but not by much. My first mcat score is way below their average.
There's hope guys and remember you each are so much more than your stats!
Best of luck to you guys!! I hope you get an interview here and have an awesome cycle.
Last edited:
Thank you so much!!!Don't stress, you won't get lost! I got an update like that in late July and it said you would hear by the beginning of August and the invite came about official August 15th if I remember correctly. Good luck and get that A!!
Just got the invite, so I'm certainly glad I waited!
SDN really is the best thing ever going through all of this. Can't wait to pay it forward when I'm a full fledged doctor one day :')
Best of luck to you too!!
D
deleted1111654
Has anyone received an II off of a hold yet?
keeppushing99
Full Member
Within the short periods of time when i wasn't constantly checking the portal (i knew i shouldn't have slept), status changed to a hold 🤣
wormofsecrets
Full Member
What does it mean if you’ve been complete in mid July but your portal has had zero status changes? Is anyone else in a similar situation? I am neither on hold nor have I receive an II, is that a soft r?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
PrestigiousCelery11
Full Member
I am pretty sure this means you are still in the running for an II. As the famous saying goes, silence is good.What does it mean if you’ve been complete in mid July but your portal has had zero status changes? Is anyone else in a similar situation? I am neither on hold nor have I receive an II, is that a soft r?
PrestigiousCelery11
Full Member
I would not expect them to interview people who have been held till after they start accepting pupils.has anyone come off hold and gotten an II yet this cycle?
I was complete early July and just got put on hold sometime last week, I’m not sure how they’re reviewing apps but it doesnt seem completely chronologicalWhat does it mean if you’ve been complete in mid July but your portal has had zero status changes? Is anyone else in a similar situation? I am neither on hold nor have I receive an II, is that a soft r?
DoctorDoggo
Full Member
I don't think it was required!Does anyone know if it's required to attend the student panel? I have to work during it and there's no way to call off without getting in hot water. Or is it possible to keep my camera off while at work?
Not required but it was nice to talk to current students, and I even brought up in my interview how I loved that it was evident by how the students in the panel spoke about GWU that the school listens and cares for its med students.Does anyone know if it's required to attend the student panel? I have to work during it and there's no way to call off without getting in hot water. Or is it possible to keep my camera off while at work?
Last edited:
Had my interview recently and mine definitely felt like an interrogation. Just typical interview questions one after the next for 20 minutes.
probably just depends on the interviewer, mine was almost too casual they were telling me about the class they have to teach right after my interview and they had to yell at students not to come in the classroom during my interview... weird vibesHad my interview recently and mine definitely felt like an interrogation. Just typical interview questions one after the next for 20 minutes.
+1Had my interview recently and mine definitely felt like an interrogation. Just typical interview questions one after the next for 20 minutes.
DoctorFlyHigh
Full Member
+2Had my interview recently and mine definitely felt like an interrogation. Just typical interview questions one after the next for 20 minutes.
Has anyone gotten an II after being on hold this year? I thought someone said that last year this began happening late September (but admittedly I have not checked last year’s threads).
chemboi
Full Member
Just checked the thread. Someone was pulled off hold late September and another person was pulled off October 2nd. Seems like us holders have a chance!Last year it happened like September 22nd ish from what I can remember checking the thread
simpinforanA
Full Member
That's how mine felt! I was expecting it to be more conversational like everyone had said, and it was very different.Had my interview recently and mine definitely felt like an interrogation. Just typical interview questions one after the next for 20 minutes.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Nationwide, AMCAS & TMDSAS MD schools, on or after October 15th.Does anyone know if anyone has been accepted into GW yet? When's the earliest we are even able to hear back from schools in general?
Thank you so much! I wasn't aware of that.Nationwide, AMCAS & TMDSAS MD schools, on or after October 15th.
D
deleted1111654
Looks like someone got off of a hold a few days ago according to the tracker.
nicobean
Full Member
So, does anyone know how bad a sign it is to be put on hold after review even though I interviewed here in January of last cycle? Like should I take this as a soft R? Seems kinda odd to me since I gained many more clinical hours since the last cycle and strengthened my primary and secondary app, plus I've already gotten IIs from schools that gave me Rs last cycle.
chemboi
Full Member
Were you on hold last year before getting an interview in January? Did you apply earlier this year? Could be that you applied early and they haven’t had a chance to look at as many people yet so they preemptively put people on hold until we get a little later into the season. Just spitballing here, but I agree, it would be strange for you to not get an interview with an improved application.So, does anyone know how bad a sign it is to be put on hold after review even though I interviewed here in January of last cycle? Like should I take this as a soft R? Seems kinda odd to me since I gained many more clinical hours since the last cycle and strengthened my primary and secondary app, plus I've already gotten IIs from schools that gave me Rs last cycle.
toooblivious21
Full Member
Are we supposed to hear back 10/15? I interviewed 9/17 but saw that the portal said it would take up to 8 weeks to hear a decision.Anyone else interview on 9/2? Im so nervous about 10/15 😣
I'm not sure. I looked at last years thread and 10/15 seemed to be the date that early september interviewees got their decisions.Are we supposed to hear back 10/15? I interviewed 9/17 but saw that the portal said it would take up to 8 weeks to hear a decision.
Is GW receptive to update letters? I interviewed in September but I wanted to send some updates and reiterate my interest in the school. I was also wondering how we would send an update to them?
Should be in the portal where you can check your application status.Is GW receptive to update letters? I interviewed in September but I wanted to send some updates and reiterate my interest in the school. I was also wondering how we would send an update to them?
I think the general advice is to reserve updates for after a decision is made either hold or AIs GW receptive to update letters? I interviewed in September but I wanted to send some updates and reiterate my interest in the school. I was also wondering how we would send an update to them?
Anyone else feel like there’s just gonna be a bunch of WLs tomorrow? I feel like all I see on last years thread is a ton of WL and like 1 Acceptance. Can u tell I’m anxious for tomorrow
That is exactly my fear. I should not have looked at least years thread. But keep in mind, I'm sure not everyone posted on sdn when they got accepted or waitlisted. So we can't know anything for sure.Anyone else feel like there’s just gonna be a bunch of WLs tomorrow? I feel like all I see on last years thread is a ton of WL and like 1 Acceptance. Can u tell I’m anxious for tomorrow
Bigquestionperson
Full Member
Anyone know how long they have taken in previous cycles to get back to you with a decision after interviewing? Interviewed this week so definitely not expecting to hear on the 15th lol (sorry if this has been asked before)
redcouscous
New Member
+4Had my interview recently and mine definitely felt like an interrogation. Just typical interview questions one after the next for 20 minutes.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
DoctorFlyHigh
Full Member
Who else can't sleep?
medicineandrunning
Full Member
Waitlisted. Interviewed 9/16
+1 the waiting game beginsWaitlisted. Interviewed 9/16
DoctorFlyHigh
Full Member
Waitlisted, Interviewed 9/9