-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 George Washington
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Emails. Haven't checked the portalAre you guys getting emails or portal updates?
Hey sorry to hear about all the WLs. Just wondering for people that got WL how you guys think you did on the interview.
I literally have never had a better interview in my life. And this is my second cycle of applications! It went perfectly and my mother (who overheard the interview from another room) said that she had zero criticism! I'm so confusedHey sorry to hear about all the WLs. Just wondering for people that got WL how you guys think you did on the interview.
DoctorDoggo
Full Member
Honestly mine couldn’t have gone better… I felt really good about it. Sad…Hey sorry to hear about all the WLs. Just wondering for people that got WL how you guys think you did on the interview.
DoctorFlyHigh
Full Member
Well the interviewer stuck to a list of questions, and it wasn’t very conversational. I thought it went well though.Hey sorry to hear about all the WLs. Just wondering for people that got WL how you guys think you did on the interview.
keygoesmed
New Member
Also accepted today!!!! Interviewed 9/30 OOS. Still in shock tbh 🥳
Congrats to all. I interviewed 9/2 and haven't heard from them today 🙂 maybe I'll send an interest letter or something to remind them of me and secure the W.
+1 🙁still on hold, expecting it to be a soft R at this point 🙁
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Don't worry guys a Doc I work with who went to GW told me that a hold still holds a decent chance at an II. Essentially from what he told me, applicants are all reviewed within the first month or two, some are interviewed/rejected and the others are put on hold. They then repeat this process until they invited their usual quota.+1 🙁
Edit: To be honest, the biggest thing about GW isn't getting an interview but rather getting an A. It has one of the lowest post-II acceptance rate in the country 🙂
PrestigiousCelery11
Full Member
People have been rejected?Don't worry guys a Doc I work with who went to GW told me that a hold still holds a decent chance at an II. Essentially from what he told me, applicants are all reviewed within the first month or two, some are interviewed/rejected and the others are put on hold. They then repeat this process until they invited their usual quota.
Edit: To be honest, the biggest thing about GW isn't getting an interview but rather getting an A. It has one of the lowest post-II acceptance rate in the country 🙂
Can't confirm but some people on reddit said so. Can't be sure though. Regardless, it's the same thing. You may be selected for an interview anytime. Also, things are not linear. I saw someone above who interviewed on the same day as me a month and a half ago that received their admission yesterday. I did not hear from GW even though they say it takes a max of 8 weeks to make a decision. Things are so uncertain. All we can do is wait powerlessly 🙂 so might as well not think about it and wait for an answer. No news good news.People have been rejected?
I doubt that anybody got a hard R given that there is no messages in this thread about it. Redditor likely confusing it with Georgetown. The volume in this thread is simply too high for nobody to have posted about it.
justkeepswimming2022
Full Member
GW is notorious for waitlisting the majority of interviewees, even early in the season. I know lots of people who applied in previous cycles, were waitlisted, and then accepted much later. Just keep on sending updates and emphasizing they are your top choice (if they are)
I literally have never had a better interview in my life. And this is my second cycle of applications! It went perfectly and my mother (who overheard the interview from another room) said that she had zero criticism! I'm so confused
DoctorDoggo
Full Member
Thank you for this!!GW is notorious for waitlisting the majority of interviewees, even early in the season. I know lots of people who applied in previous cycles, were waitlisted, and then accepted much later. Just keep on sending updates and emphasizing they are your top choice (if they are)
Soccerfan5527
MS1
LETS GOOO CONGRATS!!!Complete 7/2 and on hold since late July, portal just changed from hold to interview message
For those that submitted an update letter, who did you address it to? Dean Bass?
just GW admissions committeeFor those that submitted an update letter, who did you address it to? Dean Bass?
Were waitlistees asked to submit an update letter yet? Or are you just saying in general?For those that submitted an update letter, who did you address it to? Dean Bass?
lookingup_22
Full Member
just got an email with an R :/ complete 7/6, hold early August, R just now
D
deleted853360
Rejected after being on hold. I just sent them an update a few days ago 🙁 I’m not even sure if it was read lol. Oh well. Good luck to you all!!
cheetolover14
Full Member
+1just got an email with an R :/
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Rejected after being on hold 🙁
Same. Just updated them like a week ago... and now R
keeppushing99
Full Member
Also rejected just now after being on Hold, ouch
Just got my first R ❤️ complete 7/12
What are the stats of people that got IIs/As?
+2 Complete 7/12, was put on hold in early august
Got the R as well, been on hold since mid July
D
deleted1106899
Received my R from them like a couple of minutes ago.
I feel extremely defeated. GW was my top choice and just received an R from them. Although I understand it is a difficult school to get admitted to, I just completed their MPH program and have significantly added to their school. I created 4 different programs for the school of public health and developed a campaign to increase the vaccination rates among disadvantaged individuals in the District of Columbia. In their MPH program I had all As and 1 B, was a part of the graduation committee, and a part of the honor society.
Feel like this application cycle everything has increased, but have not received a single interview. I applied broadly. Just so defeated.
Feel like this application cycle everything has increased, but have not received a single interview. I applied broadly. Just so defeated.
sassypug101
Full Member
I'm so sorry 🙁 That must really sting. Manifesting good things for you, friend!I feel extremely defeated. GW was my top choice and just received an R from them. Although I understand it is a difficult school to get admitted to, I just completed their MPH program and have significantly added to their school. I created 4 different programs for the school of public health and developed a campaign to increase the vaccination rates among disadvantaged individuals in the District of Columbia. In their MPH program I had all As and 1 B, was a part of the graduation committee, and a part of the honor society.
Feel like this application cycle everything has increased, but have not received a single interview. I applied broadly. Just so defeated.
It sounds like you've done some amazing work and are a strong applicant. Wishing you good luck in the cycle, it's not over till it's over.I feel extremely defeated. GW was my top choice and just received an R from them. Although I understand it is a difficult school to get admitted to, I just completed their MPH program and have significantly added to their school. I created 4 different programs for the school of public health and developed a campaign to increase the vaccination rates among disadvantaged individuals in the District of Columbia. In their MPH program I had all As and 1 B, was a part of the graduation committee, and a part of the honor society.
Feel like this application cycle everything has increased, but have not received a single interview. I applied broadly. Just so defeated.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You sound like a very accomplished and capable individual. Wishing you nothing but success this cycle. Head down, plow forward.I feel extremely defeated. GW was my top choice and just received an R from them. Although I understand it is a difficult school to get admitted to, I just completed their MPH program and have significantly added to their school. I created 4 different programs for the school of public health and developed a campaign to increase the vaccination rates among disadvantaged individuals in the District of Columbia. In their MPH program I had all As and 1 B, was a part of the graduation committee, and a part of the honor society.
Feel like this application cycle everything has increased, but have not received a single interview. I applied broadly. Just so defeated.
itdobelikethatsometimes
Full Member
Joining the sad R train. Complete July 13th and was on hold since shortly after that date. Sending love to those who also got the bad news and good luck to those who are still waiting for an II!! <3