DoctorDoggo
Full Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got the panel invite email on 8/27. And the panel is scheduled for 9/3. My interview is 9/10when did you get this? I have an interview scheduled haven't heard about a panel
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I got the panel invite email on 8/27. And the panel is scheduled for 9/3. My interview is 9/10when did you get this? I have an interview scheduled haven't heard about a panel
That's weird... I didn't get any email for any panelI got the panel invite email on 8/27. And the panel is scheduled for 9/3. My interview is 9/10
I don't think I ever got a confirmationi think i got it to go through but it just disappeared with no conformation or anything how long after did they conform they got the pdf?
What do you mean by student interview?Just an update for the people on hold, I was placed on hold last year and got my II in early November. There is still hope!
Clearly, things still did not work out for me lol but got an II again for this cycle! I noticed that there is no student interview this year. Unsure how I feel about this.
probably being interviewed by a student, which is usually nice to calm the nerves :/What do you mean by student interview?
Yeah, I have an interview at the end of September and heard nothing about this panel!I have my interview scheduled for the 3rd of september and got the panel email the 19th of august, a couple days after i got the formal interview invite
There is only one interview with a faculty member this year as opposed an additional interview with a current med student.What do you mean by student interview?
Wow I didn't notice that at first, thanks for the heads up. Last year I had a gw interview with one faculty and one student separately.There is only one interview with a faculty member this year as opposed an additional interview with a current med student.
+1Just checked my portal—placed on hold; complete 8/8/21
+1 feel like they lost my appwas complete 7/21 and no response. Is that a good or bad sign?
was complete 7/21 and no response. Is that a good or bad sign?
+1 feel like they lost my app
They won't send you an email, check your application portal to see updates. I was complete at the start of July, had no update email and only discovered earlier this week that I was put on their waitlist (which is apparently not a soft R, they do actually progress through it)
I've been refreshing the portal it gives me that "your file now complete" messageThey won't send you an email, check your application portal to see updates. I was complete at the start of July, had no update email and only discovered earlier this week that I was put on their waitlist (which is apparently not a soft R, they do actually progress through it)
Then it needs to go under committee review. Sit tight! Most places don't really pick up the pace on interviews until after Labor Day.I've been refreshing the portal it gives me that "your file now complete" message
You're right, I am just being hella impatient lolThen it needs to go under committee review. Sit tight! Most places don't really pick up the pace on interviews until after Labor Day.
Does anybody know why this is the case? I would have guessed it would be NYU or Kaiser due to free tuition.This really isn't that surprising when you think about it from a practical standpoint. GWU and Georgetown are the two schools that receive the most applications—over 14,000 every year. They can afford to and have to be extremely selective.
Fwiw Kaiser has the highest ratio of applicants:students but they also have a tiny class sizeDoes anybody know why this is the case? I would have guessed it would be NYU or Kaiser.
“Good Morning/Evening/Afternoon Mr./Ms./Mrs./Dr. X,How are y’all writing thank you letters to your interviewers
This comes across as somewhat over-confident. Second line should be something like:“Good Morning/Evening/Afternoon Mr./Ms./Mrs./Dr. X,
I appreciate the opportunity to have interviewed today. I look forward to my acceptance email and seeing you next fall.
Sincerely,
justwaiting12”
Haha no I was 100% kidding you should never say this. Sarcasm doesn’t translate well over the internet ):This comes across as somewhat over-confident. Second line should be something like:
I hope that I am fortunate enough to see you next fall as an M1
If you could also share those experiences with me as well I would love that! I have my interview on 9/28 so the anxiety is starting to trickle in!Congrats to those who have already interviewed! I have mine coming up Friday (9/10) and was hoping to hear about experiences!
Either here or a direct message would be SO SO appreciated 🙂
Sincerely,
A very anxious reapplicant
My interview was very laid back. More like a chat with a faculty for about 30 minutes. The interviewer lead the conversation based on what you say so try highlighting your qualities and talk about those more! Overall nothing to stress about!Congrats to those who have already interviewed! I have mine coming up Friday (9/10) and was hoping to hear about experiences!
Either here or a direct message would be SO SO appreciated 🙂
Sincerely,
A very anxious reapplicant
I can’t answer this for myself because I didn’t see my portal change but I wanted to stop in and say that they actually assign you a date!How long did it take you all to get an email to schedule an interview after seeing this message?
"Your file has been reviewed and you will receive a formal invitation by email about how to schedule a virtual interview. Until the time the formal invitation is sent, there is nothing additional you must do."
is it "on hold" or is it "re-review" because there is a difference.Just checked and got placed on hold - complete 8/13 rip
is it "on hold" or is it "re-review" because there is a difference.
Pretty sure there's no difference with GW lolis it "on hold" or is it "re-review" because there is a difference.
Pretty sure there's no difference with GW lol
From all that I’ve gathered that’s simply the default status for anyone who has not been rejected or offered an II yet. Like we all have that status until our app is sent in one of those two directions. It basically is telling you what other schools aren’t telling you. If you weren’t in the first wave of IIs or Rs for a school, you are now in their re-review category (they just aren’t as explicit as GW).Yeah I was gonna say…my message says I’m on hold for re-review!!
Adding onto this. Had my interview this past Tuesday and they were so great and made me feel comfortable. We laughed and everything. Definitely be yourself!My interview was very laid back. More like a chat with a faculty for about 30 minutes. The interviewer lead the conversation based on what you say so try highlighting your qualities and talk about those more! Overall nothing to stress about!
I have my interview coming next thursday and I am ED...Had my interview today and it was SO low stress and the interviewer was very nice! For those of you with interviews coming up: just be yourself and don’t stress too much 🙂
So I had my interview with GW last year when I applied, It feels like having a conversation with someone you just met and it's very, natural at least that was my experience. Don't overthink and just be yourself, I know it's cliche but it really goes a long wayI have my interview coming next thursday and I am ED...
Getting really nervous cause it's my first time interviewing... First year applying to Med School
Can you give me some tips?
Me. I’m URM with LM 69 if that matters!Is anyone who submitted early August still under review?
Go in confident in your journey and knowing why you want to attend school at GW! It was so conversational and I stressed way more than I needed to. My interviewer was so kind and the 30 mins went by so fast.I have my interview coming next thursday and I am ED...
Getting really nervous cause it's my first time interviewing... First year applying to Med School
Can you give me some tips?
YepIs anyone who submitted early August still under review?
Our mission is to provide students with free, unbiased information, resources, and advising for careers in the health professions. We believe every student deserves access to trustworthy guidance, regardless of background or ability to pay.