2021-2022 George Washington

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
when did you get this? I have an interview scheduled haven't heard about a panel
I got the panel invite email on 8/27. And the panel is scheduled for 9/3. My interview is 9/10

Members don't see this ad.

i think i got it to go through but it just disappeared with no conformation or anything how long after did they conform they got the pdf?
I don't think I ever got a confirmation

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Just an update for the people on hold, I was placed on hold last year and got my II in early November. There is still hope!

Clearly, things still did not work out for me lol but got an II again for this cycle! I noticed that there is no student interview this year. Unsure how I feel about this.

• Care
Reactions: 15 users
Just an update for the people on hold, I was placed on hold last year and got my II in early November. There is still hope!

Clearly, things still did not work out for me lol but got an II again for this cycle! I noticed that there is no student interview this year. Unsure how I feel about this.
What do you mean by student interview?

I have my interview scheduled for the 3rd of september and got the panel email the 19th of august, a couple days after i got the formal interview invite
Yeah, I have an interview at the end of September and heard nothing about this panel!

Reactions: 1 users
I'm going to say this again. My boss, who is an Alumnus of George Washington and has sat on admissions committees before, has told me that being on hold at GWU is nothing to be worried about. He was on hold for several months before he got his interview invite. His stats were around the median for GWU.

• Care
Reactions: 9 users
There is only one interview with a faculty member this year as opposed an additional interview with a current med student.
Wow I didn't notice that at first, thanks for the heads up. Last year I had a gw interview with one faculty and one student separately.

was complete 7/21 and no response. Is that a good or bad sign?

Members don't see this ad :)
lol these holds are getting out of hand. The vast majority placed on hold are not going to get interviews I feel. Theres just so many.

They won't send you an email, check your application portal to see updates. I was complete at the start of July, had no update email and only discovered earlier this week that I was put on their waitlist (which is apparently not a soft R, they do actually progress through it)
I've been refreshing the portal it gives me that "your file now complete" message

I've been refreshing the portal it gives me that "your file now complete" message
Then it needs to go under committee review. Sit tight! Most places don't really pick up the pace on interviews until after Labor Day.

This really isn't that surprising when you think about it from a practical standpoint. GWU and Georgetown are the two schools that receive the most applications—over 14,000 every year. They can afford to and have to be extremely selective.
Does anybody know why this is the case? I would have guessed it would be NYU or Kaiser due to free tuition.

I think they interviewed like 750 for 150 acceptances but I’m guessing they changed it up after the first cycle. I’m wondering if everybody who turned down kaiser also had an acceptance to NYU or MD/PhD. Or maybe I’m underestimating the number of high net worth applicants?

Placed on hold, LM 75 complete 8/11

• Care
For those who got an informal invite, how long did it take before they emailed you the formal interview invite?

How are y’all writing thank you letters to your interviewers

How are y’all writing thank you letters to your interviewers
“Good Morning/Evening/Afternoon Mr./Ms./Mrs./Dr. X,

I appreciate the opportunity to have interviewed today. I look forward to my acceptance email and seeing you next fall.

Sincerely,

justwaiting12”

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
“Good Morning/Evening/Afternoon Mr./Ms./Mrs./Dr. X,

I appreciate the opportunity to have interviewed today. I look forward to my acceptance email and seeing you next fall.

Sincerely,

justwaiting12”
This comes across as somewhat over-confident. Second line should be something like:

I hope that I am fortunate enough to see you next fall as an M1

Reactions: 5 users
This comes across as somewhat over-confident. Second line should be something like:

I hope that I am fortunate enough to see you next fall as an M1
Haha no I was 100% kidding you should never say this. Sarcasm doesn’t translate well over the internet ):

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Care
Reactions: 14 users
Congrats to those who have already interviewed! I have mine coming up Friday (9/10) and was hoping to hear about experiences!
Either here or a direct message would be SO SO appreciated :)

Sincerely,
A very anxious reapplicant

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Congrats to those who have already interviewed! I have mine coming up Friday (9/10) and was hoping to hear about experiences!

Sincerely,
If you could also share those experiences with me as well I would love that! I have my interview on 9/28 so the anxiety is starting to trickle in!

Sincerely,
Also a very anxious reapplicant

Sincerely,
My interview was very laid back. More like a chat with a faculty for about 30 minutes. The interviewer lead the conversation based on what you say so try highlighting your qualities and talk about those more! Overall nothing to stress about!

Reactions: 4 users
How long did it take you all to get an email to schedule an interview after seeing this message?

"Your file has been reviewed and you will receive a formal invitation by email about how to schedule a virtual interview. Until the time the formal invitation is sent, there is nothing additional you must do."

Reactions: 1 users
How long did it take you all to get an email to schedule an interview after seeing this message?

"Your file has been reviewed and you will receive a formal invitation by email about how to schedule a virtual interview. Until the time the formal invitation is sent, there is nothing additional you must do."
I can’t answer this for myself because I didn’t see my portal change but I wanted to stop in and say that they actually assign you a date!

Just checked and got placed on hold - complete 8/13 rip

• Care
Yeah I was gonna say…my message says I’m on hold for re-review!!
From all that I’ve gathered that’s simply the default status for anyone who has not been rejected or offered an II yet. Like we all have that status until our app is sent in one of those two directions. It basically is telling you what other schools aren’t telling you. If you weren’t in the first wave of IIs or Rs for a school, you are now in their re-review category (they just aren’t as explicit as GW).

Reactions: 2 users
My interview was very laid back. More like a chat with a faculty for about 30 minutes. The interviewer lead the conversation based on what you say so try highlighting your qualities and talk about those more! Overall nothing to stress about!
Adding onto this. Had my interview this past Tuesday and they were so great and made me feel comfortable. We laughed and everything. Definitely be yourself!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 5 users
Had my interview today and it was SO low stress and the interviewer was very nice! For those of you with interviews coming up: just be yourself and don’t stress too much :)

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
Had my interview today and it was SO low stress and the interviewer was very nice! For those of you with interviews coming up: just be yourself and don’t stress too much :)
I have my interview coming next thursday and I am ED...
Getting really nervous cause it's my first time interviewing... First year applying to Med School
Can you give me some tips?

Getting really nervous cause it's my first time interviewing... First year applying to Med School
So I had my interview with GW last year when I applied, It feels like having a conversation with someone you just met and it's very, natural at least that was my experience. Don't overthink and just be yourself, I know it's cliche but it really goes a long way

Go in confident in your journey and knowing why you want to attend school at GW! It was so conversational and I stressed way more than I needed to. My interviewer was so kind and the 30 mins went by so fast.
~Really~ just be yourself and turn that stress into excitement!

Does anyone have an idea when some applicants go from hold to re-review? 👀