You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 George Washington
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I spoke about an activity but maybe I should had talked about a specific encounterFor the question "What is your most meaningful clinical experience to date, involving direct patient contact?"
is it referring to a specific encounter with a patient or one of our activities and why it is meaningful?
mm_premedstudent
Full Member
I spoke on a specific patient encounter, as much as I could at least with that character limit lolFor the question "What is your most meaningful clinical experience to date, involving direct patient contact?"
is it referring to a specific encounter with a patient or one of our activities and why it is meaningful?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Some schools send a secondary to every applicant while others review and select to whom they will send a secondary.I got a secondary and an email saying they received my primary but I'm still not under review/processed on AMCAS. Has this happened to anyone else?
Got placed on hold this morning. Rip
“Your application to The George Washington University School of Medicine and Health Science is complete and has been reviewed by the admission committee. To this date , no final decision has been made and the admission committee has placed your application on hold for re-review.”
anyone know if the pre-II hold is basically a rejection ?
anyone know if the pre-II hold is basically a rejection ?
Buschlite30
Full Member
It’s not. At most schools it is, but people get interviews from GW after being put on hold“Your application to The George Washington University School of Medicine and Health Science is complete and has been reviewed by the admission committee. To this date , no final decision has been made and the admission committee has placed your application on hold for re-review.”
anyone know if the pre-II hold is basically a rejection ?
Okay that’s keeps me hopeful. I guess I’ll just wait for an update later in the cycle.It’s not. At most schools it is, but people get interviews from GW after being put on hold
did you get this in an email? Or by checking the portal?“Your application to The George Washington University School of Medicine and Health Science is complete and has been reviewed by the admission committee. To this date , no final decision has been made and the admission committee has placed your application on hold for re-review.”
anyone know if the pre-II hold is basically a rejection ?
Check portal. No emaildid you get this in an email? Or by checking the portal?
when did you submit? Did your status ever change to under review?Got placed on hold this morning. Rip
Submitted sometime last week probably the 7th I don’t remember. Status changed to under review then holdwhen did you submit? Did your status ever change to under review?
How soon after did you switch to under review? Sorry for being annoying, I submitted mine 7/5 and it stills says "Submitted sometime last week probably the 7th I don’t remember. Status changed to under review then hold
Your file is now complete. At this point we have received all the necessary credentials including your secondary application and your letters of recommendation in order for your application to be reviewed. While the committee works diligently to review applications in a timely manner, please be aware that in order to do a thorough review of your file it may be sometime until you hear from us again. We greatly appreciate your patience during the application process. Please feel free to update your file during this time using the GW Admissions Portal."
Sounds like they're only posting holds at the moment, so this may be a blessing in disguise for you hahaHow soon after did you switch to under review? Sorry for being annoying, I submitted mine 7/5 and it stills says "
Your file is now complete. At this point we have received all the necessary credentials including your secondary application and your letters of recommendation in order for your application to be reviewed. While the committee works diligently to review applications in a timely manner, please be aware that in order to do a thorough review of your file it may be sometime until you hear from us again. We greatly appreciate your patience during the application process. Please feel free to update your file during this time using the GW Admissions Portal."
Doesnt it just mean they haven't looked at me yet, isn't this the normal complete message?Sounds like they're only posting holds at the moment, so this may be a blessing in disguise for you haha
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
lovecolorado
Full Member
Anyone else have that their application status says 'waiting for MCAT scores?'. My application was verified back in June so it seems strange that they still don't have my scores
That is also very possible. I was complete 06/28 and have the same message as you!Doesnt it just mean they haven't looked at me yet, isn't this the normal complete message?
medicineandrunning
Full Member
Your file has been reviewed and by the beginning of August you will receive a formal invitation by email about how to schedule a virtual interview. Until the time the formal invitation is sent, there is nothing additional you must do.
Does this mean what I hope it does??
Does this mean what I hope it does??
Your file has been reviewed and by the beginning of August you will receive a formal invitation by email about how to schedule a virtual interview. Until the time the formal invitation is sent, there is nothing additional you must do.
Does this mean what I hope it does??
I would think so!! Congrats 🙂
congrats! I think it means exactly that!Your file has been reviewed and by the beginning of August you will receive a formal invitation by email about how to schedule a virtual interview. Until the time the formal invitation is sent, there is nothing additional you must do.
Does this mean what I hope it does??
WOOO congrats!Your file has been reviewed and by the beginning of August you will receive a formal invitation by email about how to schedule a virtual interview. Until the time the formal invitation is sent, there is nothing additional you must do.
Does this mean what I hope it does??
Placed on hold guys ):
Anyone else still on "file is complete"
Anyone else still on "file is complete"
Yes, secondary complete on 7/3
Yes, secondary complete 06/28Anyone else still on "file is complete"
yup secondary complete on 7/5Anyone else still on "file is complete"
Application status just updated today. Have also been placed on hold for re-review.
Did you go right from file complete to on hold? B/c I saw earlier you were still at completeApplication status just updated today. Have also been placed on hold for re-review.
PrestigiousCelery11
Full Member
Congrats! when did you submit? If you don't mind me asking.Your file has been reviewed and by the beginning of August you will receive a formal invitation by email about how to schedule a virtual interview. Until the time the formal invitation is sent, there is nothing additional you must do.
Does this mean what I hope it does??
medicineandrunning
Full Member
Submitted on 6/30. I haven't been able to find a similar message on past years GWSOM forums which is curiousCongrats! when did you submit? If you don't mind me asking.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This morning I was file complete (been that status since 06/28). About 15 minutes ago the status changed to on-hold!Did you go right from file complete to on hold? B/c I saw earlier you were still at complete
Does this secondary have to be completed within 2 weeks? I have looked everywhere and I don't see anything but I already missed it on another secondary.
cs_doc
Full Member
No.Does this secondary have to be completed within 2 weeks? I have looked everywhere and I don't see anything but I already missed it on another secondary.
which did you miss haha i’m worriedDoes this secondary have to be completed within 2 weeks? I have looked everywhere and I don't see anything but I already missed it on another secondary.
UCLA has a 15 day deadline, Thomas Jefferson has a two week deadlinewhich did you miss haha i’m worried
MdwstAdvocate
Full Member
Sidney Kimmel haha it was buried in a long paragraph about letters of recommendation and I just missed itwhich did you miss haha i’m worried
Anyone who submitted on 7/5 or after 7/5 have an update other than complete on their portal?
Submitted 7/5. Still just the complete message.Anyone who submitted on 7/5 or after 7/5 have an update other than complete on their portal?
cyclistdoc
Full Member
Submitted 7/7 and also just have the complete message.Anyone who submitted on 7/5 or after 7/5 have an update other than complete on their portal?
D
deleted555445
Lol submitted 6/28 and don’t even have the complete message because SOMEONE 👀 is “still working” on my LORSubmitted 7/5. Still just the complete message.
Still on complete, submitted July 5
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
No. Tons of people get put on hold to get II later in the cycleGot put on hold today, and I have strong connections to the school. Is this a soft rejection?
Measher809
Full Member
just got put on hold as well RIP (submitted 7/ 3, high stats) do we know of any other schools that have started doing portal updates like this?
Don't see any at the moment with only portal updates for post-secondary completion status.just got put on hold as well RIP (submitted 7/ 3, high stats) do we know of any other schools that have started doing portal updates like this?
On hold :/
Most schools don't.just got put on hold as well RIP (submitted 7/ 3, high stats) do we know of any other schools that have started doing portal updates like this?
The ones that actively update their portal are GWU and VCU. That's pretty much all I can think of right now.