You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 George Washington
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
When I went back to the old thread it seemed like they started sending II's to people on hold in September!Anyone who creeped previous years threads know when they start pulling from the holds for II? I assume probably not till October when no one new is applying?
So far it seems like it is people they were certain of inviting for interviews without holds
bluenette23
Full Member
Just got put on hold, 522/3.99, OOS, no ties to the area, complete 7/18
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1111835
On hold 509/3.8 ORM disadvantaged FAP recipient. I'm sad.
Soccerfan5527
MS1
Keep your head up king! We got this!On hold 509/3.8 ORM disadvantaged FAP recipient. I'm sad.
D
deleted1111835
thank u thank u dug myself out of poverty and wrote all about it in my PS and I see above ppl with similar stats getting IIs so it especially hurtsKeep your head up king! We got this!
cheesypapa
New Member
So I completely missed the secondary email that was sent to me on June 28th, and just now opened it. Am I screwed? Is it worth trying to submit the secondary still? I don't know how soon I can get it in because I have a deadline for another school coming up. Any advice would be appreciated!!
How is it so late though? I thought late was after labor day
Everyone’s on hold lolI mean it’s 6 weeks after receiving the secondary invitation…seems late to me, especially to a low yield school that wants to accept people who demonstrate interest in attending
How did you all accept your interview? I emailed the email they provided separately but now I'm starting to think I should have responded to it because I haven't heard back and kinda stressed about it.
Last edited:
I submitted my application on July 22 and my application still says complete. No change in status yet ugh.On hold today 🙁 complete 7/23 LM70
+1I submitted my application on July 22 and my application still says complete. No change in status yet ugh.
DoctorFlyHigh
Full Member
I emailed separately to confirm as well. It took one week for them to reply back. I wouldn't worry.How did you all accept your interview? I emailed the email they provided separately but now I'm starting to think I should have responded to it because I haven't heard back and kinda stressed about it.
How long did it take after seeing the interview invite status on the secondary portal to receive the formal interview invite? I'm wondering cause the status message on my portal still says "beginning of August" and its past mid August now lol
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
medicineandrunning
Full Member
It took about a month for me to get a formal invite after seeing the message on my portal, but I think other folks may have had a quicker turn aroundHow long did it take after seeing the interview invite status on the secondary portal to receive the formal interview invite? I'm wondering cause the status message on my portal still says "beginning of August" and its past mid August now lol
proteinfolder
Full Member
On hold today 🙁
when were u complete?On hold today 🙁
proteinfolder
Full Member
when were u complete?
Very early July
What is usually the movement like for people on hold, been on hold for a couple of weeks now
Last cycle, people on hold started receiving ii in September. It seems that they use that for those who are not an R but also not an immediate interview.What is usually the movement like for people on hold, been on hold for a couple of weeks now
Has anyone gotten an R this cycle yet? I feel like its either II or Hold right now?Last cycle, people on hold started receiving ii in September. It seems that they use that for those who are not an R but also not an immediate interview.
I'm still on complete...so I think its either II, hold, or complete rnHas anyone gotten an R this cycle yet? I feel like its either II or Hold right now?
NaKATPase413
ORM, CA RESIDENT, LM 76.7, WARS 79 (Readjusted)
I said this before and I'm going to say this again. Don't worry too much about being on "hold". I just talked to my boss who is an MD who graduated from GWU. He said that he was on hold for a while before getting an II. So basically, don't take being on "hold" as a silent R. You're still in the running until you get an R.
Edit: I want to also add that my boss has also sat on adcoms at GW.
Edit: I want to also add that my boss has also sat on adcoms at GW.
Last edited:
Are you ORM or URM?ORM 4.0gpa/507MCAT strong LOR 230hrs good shadowing and lots of research. Placed on hold today 🙁 . Do not know if that's an R or not.
It says ORM in the post you quotedAre you ORM or URM?
In another post, identifies as URM.It says ORM in the post you quoted
Last edited:
Complete 6/29. No hold or anything... Did they lose my app somewhere? Anyone else in the same situation?
510 MCAT 3.59 uGPA 3.94 SMP GPA
510 MCAT 3.59 uGPA 3.94 SMP GPA
Complete 07/11. No hold or anything either. Keep your head up!Complete 6/29. No hold or anything... Did they lose my app somewhere? Anyone else in the same situation?
510 MCAT 3.59 uGPA 3.94 SMP GPA
URMAre you ORM or URM?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Bigquestionperson
Full Member
Have there been any rejections yet or just holds?
i think just holdsHave there been any rejections yet or just holds?
Yeah, same situation. Although, I think mine was early July, not June.Complete 6/29. No hold or anything... Did they lose my app somewhere? Anyone else in the same situation?
510 MCAT 3.59 uGPA 3.94 SMP GPA
Praying for an II for both of us!!Yeah, same situation. Although, I think mine was early July, not June.
Just hit with that "on hold" status.
+1, so is this an R?Just hit with that "on hold" status.
I dont think so just yet, but definitely worse than the "pending interview" update some people got.+1, so is this an R?
No, if you look back on this thread this has already been discussed! A hold here is not an indication of an R+1, so is this an R?
In fact here is info directly from their website to calm everyone down (I'm on hold myself).No, if you look back on this thread this has already been discussed! A hold here is not an indication of an R
"Our interview season typically runs from August through March, with our first invitations being sent out in July. Files may be read multiple times before a decision is made with regards to extending an interview, and it is quite common that files are put on hold before an interview invitation is extended."
Well, look at that! never even thought to look at their website, so many school websites have very little actual information.In fact here is info directly from their website to calm everyone down (I'm on hold myself).
"Our interview season typically runs from August through March, with our first invitations being sent out in July. Files may be read multiple times before a decision is made with regards to extending an interview, and it is quite common that files are put on hold before an interview invitation is extended."
Soccerfan5527
MS1
Mine is still just "your file is now complete" ughhhhJust hit with that "on hold" status.
treblemaker97
Full Member
Status just changed to hold :/
When were you complete?Status just changed to hold :/
D
deleted1113018
Submitted July 19th, still on "Your file is now complete."
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Status was changed today from complete to hold.
Your application to The George Washington University School of Medicine & Health Sciences is complete and has been reviewed by the Admissions Committee. To date, no final decision has been made and the Admissions Committee has placed your application on hold for re-review at a later date. Files are re-reviewed by the committee periodically and there is no set schedule for decisions. We do interview from August through March. Please feel free to update your file during this time using the GW Admissions Portal. If we require any further documentation or if your status changes, we will contact you immediately. We do sincerely appreciate your interest in our program. Thank you for your patience.
Complete 7/26! low stats 🙁
Your application to The George Washington University School of Medicine & Health Sciences is complete and has been reviewed by the Admissions Committee. To date, no final decision has been made and the Admissions Committee has placed your application on hold for re-review at a later date. Files are re-reviewed by the committee periodically and there is no set schedule for decisions. We do interview from August through March. Please feel free to update your file during this time using the GW Admissions Portal. If we require any further documentation or if your status changes, we will contact you immediately. We do sincerely appreciate your interest in our program. Thank you for your patience.
Complete 7/26! low stats 🙁
Last edited:
Volume of holds is too high for it to be anything other than a soft r imo. This is coming from somebody who is held
OOFVolume of holds is too high for it to be anything other than a soft r imo. This is coming from somebody who is held
Considering my two prior rejections from Wake/WVU, you are right.
CRIES.
Volume of holds is too high for it to be anything other than a soft r imo. This is coming from somebody who is held
That simply isn’t true based on past threads, what’s more likely imo is that yes, many of those holds will turn into Rs, but a significant proportion will lead to IIs
Last edited:
I mean this just is not true. Many holds turn into IIs.Volume of holds is too high for it to be anything other than a soft r imo. This is coming from somebody who is held