2021-2022 George Washington

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone who creeped previous years threads know when they start pulling from the holds for II? I assume probably not till October when no one new is applying?
So far it seems like it is people they were certain of inviting for interviews without holds

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone who creeped previous years threads know when they start pulling from the holds for II? I assume probably not till October when no one new is applying?
So far it seems like it is people they were certain of inviting for interviews without holds
When I went back to the old thread it seemed like they started sending II's to people on hold in September!

Reactions: 12 users
Just got put on hold, 522/3.99, OOS, no ties to the area, complete 7/18

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
On hold 509/3.8 ORM disadvantaged FAP recipient. I'm sad.

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
So I completely missed the secondary email that was sent to me on June 28th, and just now opened it. Am I screwed? Is it worth trying to submit the secondary still? I don't know how soon I can get it in because I have a deadline for another school coming up. Any advice would be appreciated!!

I mean it’s 6 weeks after receiving the secondary invitation…seems late to me, especially to a low yield school that wants to accept people who demonstrate interest in attending
Everyone’s on hold lol

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
How did you all accept your interview? I emailed the email they provided separately but now I'm starting to think I should have responded to it because I haven't heard back and kinda stressed about it.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
How did you all accept your interview? I emailed the email they provided separately but now I'm starting to think I should have responded to it because I haven't heard back and kinda stressed about it.
I emailed separately to confirm as well. It took one week for them to reply back. I wouldn't worry.

How long did it take after seeing the interview invite status on the secondary portal to receive the formal interview invite? I'm wondering cause the status message on my portal still says "beginning of August" and its past mid August now lol

How long did it take after seeing the interview invite status on the secondary portal to receive the formal interview invite? I'm wondering cause the status message on my portal still says "beginning of August" and its past mid August now lol
It took about a month for me to get a formal invite after seeing the message on my portal, but I think other folks may have had a quicker turn around

What is usually the movement like for people on hold, been on hold for a couple of weeks now

What is usually the movement like for people on hold, been on hold for a couple of weeks now
Last cycle, people on hold started receiving ii in September. It seems that they use that for those who are not an R but also not an immediate interview.

• Love
I said this before and I'm going to say this again. Don't worry too much about being on "hold". I just talked to my boss who is an MD who graduated from GWU. He said that he was on hold for a while before getting an II. So basically, don't take being on "hold" as a silent R. You're still in the running until you get an R.

Edit: I want to also add that my boss has also sat on adcoms at GW.

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 14 users
Complete 6/29. No hold or anything... Did they lose my app somewhere? Anyone else in the same situation?

510 MCAT 3.59 uGPA 3.94 SMP GPA

Complete 6/29. No hold or anything... Did they lose my app somewhere? Anyone else in the same situation?

Complete 07/11. No hold or anything either. Keep your head up!

• Care

Yeah, same situation. Although, I think mine was early July, not June.

Placed on hold today. 52X MCAT, 3.9X cGPA and sGPA. URM

Complete 7/26

:(

Last edited:
No, if you look back on this thread this has already been discussed! A hold here is not an indication of an R
In fact here is info directly from their website to calm everyone down (I'm on hold myself).

"Our interview season typically runs from August through March, with our first invitations being sent out in July. Files may be read multiple times before a decision is made with regards to extending an interview, and it is quite common that files are put on hold before an interview invitation is extended."

Reactions: 2 users
In fact here is info directly from their website to calm everyone down (I'm on hold myself).

"Our interview season typically runs from August through March, with our first invitations being sent out in July. Files may be read multiple times before a decision is made with regards to extending an interview, and it is quite common that files are put on hold before an interview invitation is extended."
Well, look at that! never even thought to look at their website, so many school websites have very little actual information.

Status was changed today from complete to hold.

Your application to The George Washington University School of Medicine & Health Sciences is complete and has been reviewed by the Admissions Committee. To date, no final decision has been made and the Admissions Committee has placed your application on hold for re-review at a later date. Files are re-reviewed by the committee periodically and there is no set schedule for decisions. We do interview from August through March. Please feel free to update your file during this time using the GW Admissions Portal. If we require any further documentation or if your status changes, we will contact you immediately. We do sincerely appreciate your interest in our program. Thank you for your patience.

Complete 7/26! low stats :(

Last edited:
Volume of holds is too high for it to be anything other than a soft r imo. This is coming from somebody who is held

Volume of holds is too high for it to be anything other than a soft r imo. This is coming from somebody who is held

That simply isn’t true based on past threads, what’s more likely imo is that yes, many of those holds will turn into Rs, but a significant proportion will lead to IIs

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 12 users