-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 George Washington
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I’m not saying it’s impossible of course but has anybody received an R or has not been put on hold despite being complete before 7/15? Seems like initially it is either II or R
Yeah, so they interview their immediately most desirable candidates then come back to re-review applicants who have potential but just weren’t their top priority. It’s pretty much how every other school works, GW is just more transparent with the status updates
I think early on in the cycle the volume of holds is really high as they don’t know exactly what they want their class to look like yet so they only interview the most desirable candidates. I think later on in the cycle it goes straight to R or II much more quickly.I’m not saying it’s impossible of course but has anybody received an R or has not been put on hold despite being complete before 7/15? Seems like initially it is either II or R
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
treblemaker97
Full Member
I was complete mid JulyWhen were you complete?
someone on the tracker already got rejected from george washington so.I’m not saying it’s impossible of course but has anybody received an R or has not been put on hold despite being complete before 7/15? Seems like initially it is either II or R
DoctorDoggo
Full Member
For those of you interviewing here: what date were you assigned?
I’m interviewing 9/10 but was hoping to find out if there are people interviewing before then!
I’m interviewing 9/10 but was hoping to find out if there are people interviewing before then!
Im interviewing September 3For those of you interviewing here: what date were you assigned?
I’m interviewing 9/10 but was hoping to find out if there are people interviewing before then!
DoctorDoggo
Full Member
Thank you!! Looking forward to hearing people’s experiences 😆Im interviewing September 3
simplup
Full Member
Have any late July submitters found out their "hold" fate yet? I submitted my secondary 7/2, but my primary wasn't verified until 7/27... so ig my submission date is 7/27. And I'm still on the generic "your file is complete" status. I'm wondering if this means my app has yet to be reviewed or if I've been passed over for even a "hold" status :'(
interviewing this thursday, but I'm ED fwiwFor those of you interviewing here: what date were you assigned?
I’m interviewing 9/10 but was hoping to find out if there are people interviewing before then!
I submitted my primary on 06/07, but it wasn't ready for review until like 06/22. I got verified on 07/26, but I already sent my secondary early July. I found out my status for hold coupled days ago. It took about 3 weeks to go from complete to hold.Have any late July submitters found out their "hold" fate yet? I submitted my secondary 7/2, but my primary wasn't verified until 7/27... so ig my submission date is 7/27. And I'm still on the generic "your file is complete" status. I'm wondering if this means my app has yet to be reviewed or if I've been passed over for even a "hold" status :'(
Just checked my portal, and my status is:
“Your file has been reviewed and you will receive a formal invitation by email about how to schedule a virtual interview. Until the time the formal invitation is sent, there is nothing additional you must do.”
Judging by everyone else here that means II? If so, I’m in total disbelief.
“Your file has been reviewed and you will receive a formal invitation by email about how to schedule a virtual interview. Until the time the formal invitation is sent, there is nothing additional you must do.”
Judging by everyone else here that means II? If so, I’m in total disbelief.
Hold today
Hold today. I am not optimistic about holds. Last cycle I had several holds, that never turned into interview invites smh.
I submitted late July and I just got my hold status today so I wouldn't worry yet 🙂 good luck!Have any late July submitters found out their "hold" fate yet? I submitted my secondary 7/2, but my primary wasn't verified until 7/27... so ig my submission date is 7/27. And I'm still on the generic "your file is complete" status. I'm wondering if this means my app has yet to be reviewed or if I've been passed over for even a "hold" status :'(
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Soccerfan5527
MS1
AYEEE congrats!! When were you complete?Just checked my portal, and my status is:
“Your file has been reviewed and you will receive a formal invitation by email about how to schedule a virtual interview. Until the time the formal invitation is sent, there is nothing additional you must do.”
Judging by everyone else here that means II? If so, I’m in total disbelief.
Any hold ——-> II yet?
I agree tbhI know people are going to hate this (including me, I’m on hold), but I really think a majority (if not all) of these holds are soft R’s. I was able to only find a select few on the thread last year who were converted into a II. I’m staying positive, but with the amount of applications GW has I can’t help but think a hold is an R.
I was complete 7/26! I'm OOS, super non-trad and a reapplicant so I'm genuinely floored. I even have a picture in front of the GWU bust when I traveled to D.C. like 8 years ago, so it really feels like I'm being pranked.AYEEE congrats!! When were you complete?
GW is a school where a hold truly means they're going to come back. The school does get a ton of applications though so statistically a lot of holds do not get interview invites.I know people are going to hate this (including me, I’m on hold), but I really think a majority (if not all) of these holds are soft R’s. I was able to only find a select few on the thread last year who were converted into a II. I’m staying positive, but with the amount of applications GW has I can’t help but think a hold is an R.
However, a hold does not equal rejection, it just means they're going to reassess you later. I received an acceptance off of a hold and lots of my classmates did too.
Got the pre-II hold as well. Not sure when though because I haven't checked the portal in a while.
Soccerfan5527
MS1
Thats amazing!! very happy for you and best of luck in the interview! Go make that dream come trueI was complete 7/26! I'm OOS, super non-trad and a reapplicant so I'm genuinely floored. I even have a picture in front of the GWU bust when I traveled to D.C. like 8 years ago, so it really feels like I'm being pranked.
Yes, I’m currently a MS1 at GWU.I understand. Thank you for sharing your experience in this. Was this at GW?
I assume so not to go through these thousands of holds, they probably have a hierarchy of holds and likely rejections.
I do not want to comment on the application review process since I literally know nothing about it (and have no experience from the non-applicant side). I’m not sure if there is some sort of hierarchy for holds. All I know is my personal experience. I received a hold, was on hold until winter, received an interview invite, and then received an acceptance. I knew people who didn’t get a hold/weren’t on hold as long as I was, and were waitlisted after the interview. My personal experience was that even though I was on hold for half of the cycle, I was still deemed to be a good fit for the school. So being on hold isn’t a bad thing nor does it diminish your chances overall. However, GW is a very low yield school so a lot of holds do not convert to an interview invite. But being on hold doesn’t mean you’re rejected. If that makes sense. (I would essentially assume a hold from GW is the same as silence from another school. You don’t assume you’re rejected.)
Thank you so much! Lets get that A, I'm sure I'll be seeing you with that "got an II" post any day now!Thats amazing!! very happy for you and best of luck in the interview! Go make that dream come true
Soccerfan5527
MS1
Lets hope so!! Honestly the "file is complete" status has been getting in my head!!!Thank you so much! Lets get that A, I'm sure I'll be seeing you with that "got an II" post any day now!
OK Guys so I had my II... it went well I think. Be ready for the classic interview questions... Smile, be positive and really emphasize why you wana go to GW!!!
I'll be talking to myself in the shower doing "mock interview sessions" based on this advice, thank youOK Guys so I had my II... it went well I think. Be ready for the classic interview questions... Smile, be positive and really emphasize why you wana go to GW!!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
DoctorDoggo
Full Member
Thank you!!OK Guys so I had my II... it went well I think. Be ready for the classic interview questions... Smile, be positive and really emphasize why you wana go to GW!!!
Placed on hold today.
simplup
Full Member
Me too :') Just tryin my best to only check the portal once a day lollllStill on complete, anyone else?
Hey everyone, i just wanted to confirm that we don't get complete emails from GWU. We only get on the portal, "my file is complete..." That's all right?
yup, they do everything on portal mostly, so always check it.Hey everyone, i just wanted to confirm that we don't get complete emails from GWU. We only get on the portal, "my file is complete..." That's all right?
Are there any current GW students I can message? I have some questions about the curriculum and stuff…
I’m only 3 weeks in but I’d be happy to answer any questions I canAre there any current GW students I can message? I have some questions about the curriculum and stuff…
DoctorDoggo
Full Member
Out of curiosity, was everyone invited to the upcoming Student Panel, or just interviewees?
Can't say I was invited, so probably just intervieweesOut of curiosity, was everyone invited to the upcoming Student Panel, or just interviewees?
anyone who has interviewed or has an upcoming one- where did you submit the photo and stuff mentioned in the interview conformation email?
I just uploaded a pdf to the Update Your File on the portalanyone who has interviewed or has an upcoming one- where did you submit the photo and stuff mentioned in the interview conformation email?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've tried that, but i try to submit and a waning comes up but with no message so I dont know if its going throughI just uploaded a pdf to the Update Your File on the portal
i think i got it to go through but it just disappeared with no conformation or anything how long after did they conform they got the pdf?I've tried that, but i try to submit and a waning comes up but with no message so I dont know if its going through
simpinforanA
Full Member
when did you get this? I have an interview scheduled haven't heard about a panelOut of curiosity, was everyone invited to the upcoming Student Panel, or just interviewees?
I had my interview and never heard of this panelwhen did you get this? I have an interview scheduled haven't heard about a panel


I have my interview scheduled for the 3rd of september and got the panel email the 19th of august, a couple days after i got the formal interview inviteI had my interview and never heard of this panel![]()