2021-2022 Indiana

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got assigned my interview date for 10/6, invite received 7/26
Interview on the same day. Did you receive confirmation email with details? I did not get anything yet

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Submitted about 2 months ago. Still nothing from them. Not even a confirmation email saying they received my app.

Reactions: 1 users
My application was deferred pending receipt of my MCAT score, does anybody know if they send another email when they receive it and your application is marked complete? My score was released on the 31st and IUSM is my top choice so I really want to make sure they have it.

Found this a bit strange... I had my interview just a few days ago this week and received the following email:

“Your application is now under consideration and ready to go before the Admissions Committee. All applicants will receive a final decision by June.”

Does this mean my application wasn’t actually reviewed before my interview ?

Does anyone know if IUSM lets OOS matriculated students apply for IS tuition after their first year? asking because I know my undergrad's med school in Ohio offers that to oos students. I'm in a weird position where one of my parents lives in IN and one in OH so not sure if they would consider me for IS tuition or not. (got an II yesterday and have been holding off on submitting the grad app bc I'm not sure what to designate for IS/OOS). thanks for any insight!
Nope. Someone asked in the meeting and Indiana, the state itself, does not allow it

Found this a bit strange... I had my interview just a few days ago this week and received the following email:

“Your application is now under consideration and ready to go before the Admissions Committee. All applicants will receive a final decision by June.”

What the heck? Did you interview this past Wednesday?

What the heck? Did you interview this past Wednesday?
Yes this past Wednesday, which is why I’m scratching my head.

Edit: maybe this means my interviewers submitted their evaluations of me and now my application is “complete”?

Does anyone have any updates regarding their policy on thank you notes?
Oh yes! I emailed admissions and they said all thank you notes should be uploaded to the portal as the interviewers will be checking materials in portal when reviewing you. :)

Reactions: 1 user

To my understanding this is pretty standard and definitely how IU does it. They’ve already screened your application to decide whether to interview you. Now, your interviewer has completed their evaluation of you, so everything that the committee needs to reach a final decision is now available to them, and you should be reviewed at the next adcom meeting.

I got this email, I’ve seen people in past threads get it, I think everyone who interviews get it.

Members don't see this ad :)
To my understanding this is pretty standard and definitely how IU does it. They’ve already screened your application to decide whether to interview you. Now, your interviewer has completed their evaluation of you, so everything that the committee needs to reach a final decision is now available to them, and you should be reviewed at the next adcom meeting.

I got this email, I’ve seen people in past threads get it, I think everyone who interviews get it.
I haven’t gotten this yet and I interviewed on Wednesday… should I be nervous? 😅

Does anyone know the earliest you give acceptances? I know they meet the 15th of every month and give out acceptances shortly after, but does anyone know when that starts? Is it September or October?

Does anyone know the earliest you give acceptances? I know they meet the 15th of every month and give out acceptances shortly after, but does anyone know when that starts? Is it September or October?
October

I believe all schools, barring NYU and perhaps a few others, abide by the AAMC traffic rules which stipulate that regular decision acceptances cannot go out before October 15

Keep in mind they can send Rs anytime though - no news is good news right now!! As anxiety-inducing as that is

Does anyone know if IUSM lets OOS matriculated students apply for IS tuition after their first year? asking because I know my undergrad's med school in Ohio offers that to oos students. I'm in a weird position where one of my parents lives in IN and one in OH so not sure if they would consider me for IS tuition or not. (got an II yesterday and have been holding off on submitting the grad app bc I'm not sure what to designate for IS/OOS). thanks for any insight!
interviewed there last year and they said you could not get instate after a year. I would confirm that with the registrars office.

I interviewed last Wednesday 9/1 and just received the email “Your application is now under consideration and ready to go before the Admissions Committee. All applicants will receive a final decision by June.”

Finally got the confirmation that my AMCAS application has been received by the admissions office. My AMCAS application was verified on July 13th.

I interviewed last Wednesday 9/1 and just received the email “Your application is now under consideration and ready to go before the Admissions Committee. All applicants will receive a final decision by June.”
Same here. So I assume that we will be hearing come October?

should I be worried that I haven't gotten confirmation that they received my primary after 1 month of being verified?

I finally got word my primary has been downloaded. I also got another email that "The Admissions Office has identified your application as a potential applicant for the Urban Medicine Program (UMP)." Is that a good sign? I am for sure going to apply to the program.

I finally got word my primary has been downloaded. I also got another email that "The Admissions Office has identified your application as a potential applicant for the Urban Medicine Program (UMP)." Is that a good sign? I am for sure going to apply to the program.
when did you get verified?

"Your request for an application to Indiana University School of Medicine’s Urban Medicine Program (UMP) has been approved.

The UMP application is attached to this email. If the application is not submitted within 30 days, your Indiana University School of Medicine application will be cancelled.

Once your application has been received, you will be scheduled for an interview at IU School of Medicine-Northwest-Gary campus with members of the traditional and urban admissions committees."

Does this mean I have my first interview?

II yesterday 09/07! OOS but graduated from their master's program in May

I may have missed this from earlier on, but when you receive an II do they tell you which campus you're interviewing for?

I may have missed this from earlier on, but when you receive an II do they tell you which campus you're interviewing for?
They assign the campus once they schedule an interview date. It appears on the portal, along with the names of your interviewers. However, the campus where you interview has nothing to do with the campus where you'll end up in... at least that's what I've heard.

Same here. So I assume that we will be hearing come October?
another +1 to that. So I took a look through last year's thread and it seemed like a good portion of the people who interviewed in August/September last year heard in like November minus the EDP people.

Now the worst waiting period begins lol

Actually a question for y'all, idk if anyone knows the answer but if my "application is complete and ready to go before the admissions committee" but I also got an email telling me that I should apply for rural medicine program, wouldn't it mean that the adcoms wouldn't see this potential extra application should I choose to write it?

Last edited:
II Today!! OOS, App Received 8/23

II received today! OOS I got the application received email 8/23.

II official today!

I am confused about the uploading of the documents... Does the dean's evaluation have to be mailed back or do we upload it or email it to the admissions committee? Also, where do we submit the virtual interview acknowlegement?

II official today!

I am confused about the uploading of the documents... Does the dean's evaluation have to be mailed back or do we upload it or email it to the admissions committee? Also, where do we submit the virtual interview acknowlegement?
Congrats! You just need to email both forms to the adcom email. Make sure to send the acknowledgement within 7 days.

II official today!

mind sharing stats?

wanted to message you but i guess it won't let me. will you be willing to share your MCAT score? I have a low mcat so just seeing my chances.
My MCAT is a 502

• Love
Just wanted to share my $0.02 after my experience last year. I received an interview invite and was ultimately not accepted. I scheduled a consult with the admissions office and I was told that my interview scores were pretty high, so that wasn't an issue; however, I was applying with a 503 MCAT (I'm IS, ORM, 3.95+ cGPA and sGPA, for reference). I thought since I got an interview invite that my stats were good enough to be accepted despite having a lower MCAT, however that was not the case.

During my consult, I was told that IS students who are accepted (non-URM) should really have an MCAT of at least 508, and that their mean accepted MCAT for last cycle was a 514 (I believe MSAR reports a median of 512). I'm not sure why they spent their resources interviewing me when my MCAT was far below what they accepted, so I assume I was interviewing for a waitlist position, but I did not receive a waitlist spot and was ultimately rejected in May.

The reason I'm sharing this is because I remember the agony of waiting month after month to hear something, and on each 15th of every month I was devastated to hear nothing until receiving the rejection email confirmed what I already felt was coming. If you're a non-URM and and have less than a 508, I'm not at all saying you can't get in, but know that you are fighting a tremendously uphill battle and don't get your expectations up. I got mine up and was continuously devastated, and that feeling I would not wish upon my worst enemy, much less upon y'all here on SDN. Good luck to everyone this year, you all should be so proud of yourselves to even make it this far.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 5 users