2021-2022 Indiana

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For everyone that has an ii and a date, when you sent the confirmation form back did you get a confirmation that they received it?

Members don't see this ad.

For everyone that has an ii and a date, when you sent the confirmation form back did you get a confirmation that they received it?
No, but my form populated on the portal under documents.

Just finished my interview!

Super relaxed process, my interviewer was really friendly, and the whole thing felt really conversational which was great. Happy to answer any questions for those who are still nervous haha

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)

Super relaxed process, my interviewer was really friendly, and the whole thing felt really conversational which was great. Happy to answer any questions for those who are still nervous haha
Congrats on this huge step! I have a few questions... did you have only one interviewer name in the portal? I'm a bit anxious because I have 3 names and I would like to know if all 3 will interview me or if it's just one.

Reactions: 1 user
Congrats on this huge step! I have a few questions... did you have only one interviewer name in the portal? I'm a bit anxious because I have 3 names and I would like to know if all 3 will interview me or if it's just one.
Even though you didn't address me directly, I can kind of answer this to assuage your worries as I interviewed last cycle. I had 3 names listed but only ended up interviewing with one faculty member because the second person had technical difficulties. I Googled all of them beforehand, and the third was a financial aid person who never showed up to my interview session and they were never referred to during it either. Some applicants will have 3, some 2, and others just 1. Of course, because it's over Zoom, there will be unexpected challenges that might impact how many people do end up interviewing you. Hope this helps!

For those who have done their interviews do mac's work? It's weird because they are not listed as supported devices

For those who have done their interviews do mac's work? It's weird because they are not listed as supported devices
I didn't use a mac, but its a standard zoom call so I'm totally sure that it will work fine

I used the same platform for another school's interview on my Macbook Air using Chrome and worked just fine. Just assure you use the supported browsers.

How long was your day? I just got scheduled for October 6th

Even though you didn't address me directly, I can kind of answer this to assuage your worries as I interviewed last cycle. I had 3 names listed but only ended up interviewing with one faculty member because the second person had technical difficulties. I Googled all of them beforehand, and the third was a financial aid person who never showed up to my interview session and they were never referred to during it either. Some applicants will have 3, some 2, and others just 1. Of course, because it's over Zoom, there will be unexpected challenges that might impact how many people do end up interviewing you. Hope this helps!
Thank you!

I also have this same question! My interview says 9:00 but I have another commitment at 1pm and want to make sure that interview day is not long.

Do you get to pick a time on the day they give you, or are you assigned a specific time?

Thank you!

I also have this same question! My interview says 9:00 but I have another commitment at 1pm and want to make sure that interview day is not long.
From what I remember, you need to be "there" 30 minutes before your scheduled interview time to allow time to be checked in. Last cycle, there were two sessions for financial aid and one session for the student panel. They were broken up into segments, so applicants weren't attached to their laptops the entire day. All of this information will be given to you I believe 1 week before your scheduled date.

II received today for rural track in terre haute! Stats in signature, OOS.

Members don't see this ad :)
For those that received interviews, how were you notified of your interview date? Were you just sent an email or did a date upload to the portal?
I just logged into my portal, and all my checkmarks appear green - I anxiously await a date and time! :oops:

Also, in regards to IU's Scholarly concentration program, if one were to want to study a specific topic that is offered at the West Lafayette location, for example, does that signify that will be where one get's placed?

For anyone who's interviewed already, is there a timer during the interview? I heard there was a countdown last year but just curious if they changed the format...

For those that received interviews, how were you notified of your interview date? Were you just sent an email or did a date upload to the portal?
I just logged into my portal, and all my checkmarks appear green - I anxiously await a date and time! :oops:
I got an email a week after all my items were checked off in the portal!

Also, in regards to IU's Scholarly concentration program, if one were to want to study a specific topic that is offered at the West Lafayette location, for example, does that signify that will be where one get's placed?
You apply to the scholarly concentration program of yours choice. If accepted to it, you get guaranteed placement at that campus.

For anyone who's interviewed already, is there a timer during the interview? I heard there was a countdown last year but just curious if they changed the format...
there wasn’t a visible timer that I noticed, but my interviewer let me know that the call would automatically disconnect after 40 minutes, with no wiggle room to stay longer.

Reactions: 1 users
It took about 2 weeks to get all my materials checked off. Another 2 weeks to get a date on my portal which hasn't been confirmed yet as I haven't been emailed. It states that any information in the portal is not confirmed until they email me.

It took about 2 weeks to get all my materials checked off. Another 2 weeks to get a date on my portal which hasn't been confirmed yet as I haven't been emailed. It states that any information in the portal is not confirmed until they email me.
My interview date was set weeks before everything was checked off for me. I had my actual interview today, and they only checked my CASPer score off earlier this week.

I’m pretty sure they’re assigning the interview dates as they go. The first few days are probably full and they’re waiting to send another wave out is my guess.

Anybody with a 9/1 interview date get the email about information/financial aid sessions? would like to go to those on my interview day but I never got the email they talk about!

Anybody with a 9/1 interview date get the email about information/financial aid sessions? would like to go to those on my interview day but I never got the email they talk about!
Nope, didn’t get an email yet. They will probably send it later this week or early next week, closer to the interview date

Anyone here still waiting for confirmation email from Indiana? I added this school in the beginning of August.

II today!!! I’m IS. I’m not gonna lie I was really starting to think I wasn’t gonna get an interview with IU haha but so excited now!!! Best of luck to everyone this cycle 😃

You apply to the scholarly concentration program of yours choice. If accepted to it, you get guaranteed placement at that campus.

there wasn’t a visible timer that I noticed, but my interviewer let me know that the call would automatically disconnect after 40 minutes, with no wiggle room to stay longer.
Sorry if I seem redundant, lets say that I get accepted to Indiana University at the Bloomington campus. If I wanted to participate in the scholarly concentration program to study the care of hispanic patients, offered at the West Lafayette campus, does that mean that I will still be located at the Bloomington campus, or does that signify that I will be placed rather at the West Lafayette campus? I hope that makes sense!

Sorry if I seem redundant, lets say that I get accepted to Indiana University at the Bloomington campus. If I wanted to participate in the scholarly concentration program to study the care of hispanic patients, offered at the West Lafayette campus, does that mean that I will still be located at the Bloomington campus, or does that signify that I will be placed rather at the West Lafayette campus? I hope that makes sense!
You don’t get accepted to a specific campus. After you are accepted (in like March or something) you rank your campus choices and they do lottery based on your rankings to place everyone.

scholarly concentrations allows you to skip this process. You would need to apply to the west Lafayette concentration long before the lottery. If accepted, you would not participate in the lottery, and instead be guaranteed a spot at west Lafayette and be required to stay at that campus for four years.

scholarly concentrations guarantees you get a particular campus, but mostly locks you into that campus. Whereas other student have the opportunity to move around for third or fourth year depending on their clinical interests.

You don’t get accepted to a specific campus. After you are accepted (in like March or something) you rank your campus choices and they do lottery based on your rankings to place everyone.

scholarly concentrations allows you to skip this process. You would need to apply to the west Lafayette concentration long before the lottery. If accepted, you would not participate in the lottery, and instead be guaranteed a spot at west Lafayette and be required to stay at that campus for four years.

scholarly concentrations guarantees you get a particular campus, but mostly locks you into that campus. Whereas other student have the opportunity to move around for third or fourth year depending on their clinical interests.
Oooh I understand now, thank you for explaining this!

Wow they’re already pretty far out considering I don’t think they do interviews in December

One more question on this topic! Where is the application (do we just email the research coordinator) and when do we complete it - after acceptance? Thanks again!

Woohoo! Congrats. i'm glad it went smoothly! Mine is next week and I am super nervous!

Did you have 1 or multiple interviewers? If you have multiple, is that split up into multiple 40-minute sections or do they divide that time up among the interviews?

From what I remember, you need to be "there" 30 minutes before your scheduled interview time to allow time to be checked in. Last cycle, there were two sessions for financial aid and one session for the student panel. They were broken up into segments, so applicants weren't attached to their laptops the entire day. All of this information will be given to you I believe 1 week before your scheduled date.
Thanks! So the part that is split up, if my interview is at 3pm, can I get the other parts of the interview day done before that and then everything is done after my interview?

Thanks! So the part that is split up, if my interview is at 3pm, can I get the other parts of the interview day done before that and then everything is done after my interview?
Exactly—think of it as a school day. Each session (including the interview) is it’s own class. Go to whatever session fits your schedule, attend your interview, and you’re done!

My application still has not been downloaded... this cycle is looking brutal for me already

Got my interview date just now! 10/13 and I received ii invite 8/4

Finally got my interview date. Received II the 29th.
I’m so relieved, I went through the checklist over and over again bc I thought I’d missed something lol.

Today, I received email with links and more info for 9/1 interview.

Reactions: 2 users

Anything difficult that you would like to share? Did they focus more on the application or more on other stuff?

I interviewed on 8/25 but I was not EDP. Do you guys think I will still hear the outcome on October 1st?

Woohoo! Congrats. i'm glad it went smoothly! Mine is next week and I am super nervous!

Did you have 1 or multiple interviewers? If you have multiple, is that split up into multiple 40-minute sections or do they divide that time up among the interviews?
I just had one interviewer. I would assume if more than one is listed, some/all of the listed people will be present during a single 40 minute interview, and just alternate asking questions or whatever.

Anything difficult that you would like to share? Did they focus more on the application or more on other stuff?
the first 15 mins was getting to know me, and discussing my activities/upbringing. The next 15 or so was spent with me answering more general/hypothetical questions. Then like 10 mins at the end for me to ask questions. Really nothing overly tricky, it was a pretty honest interview and felt like my interviewer was just trying to get to know me.

I interviewed on 8/25 but I was not EDP. Do you guys think I will still hear the outcome on October 1st?
from last threads it sounds like the adcom meets on the 15th every month to accept/reject applicants (or defer to next meeting). So the 9/15 meeting will probably be focused on EDP people but if they have extra time I’m hoping they’ll start making decisions on us non EDP people they interviews 8/25 or 9/1

10/6 II scheduled (08/04 invite)
Urban Medicine Program

Funny enough— no interviewers that are people of color lol

Did IU give you guys any sort of confirmation that they received the virtual interview form after you emailed it to them?

Did IU give you guys any sort of confirmation that they received the virtual interview form after you emailed it to them?
If you check your online portal, it should get uploaded as a document under that tab after they receive it