2021-2022 Indiana

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I could be wrong but it looks like IU has changed their portal? In past years people got a link to do the "graduate application", whereas this year it seems to be a dedicated portal like most schools have for secondaries. Still the same content that people have talked about before.

It doesn't seem to be working yet though? I'm assuming there's supposed to be a way to download these forms, but I can't seem to do that yet. There's also no way to pay yet, and the FAQ section just has a phone number and that's it lol

Edit: it appears they're actively working on the portal. Things are literally changing while I'm on it haha
Have you looked at the links that they put at the bottom of the II email? They link the forms and further instructions. I don't know how to schedule the actual interview yet though.

Members don't see this ad.

Have you looked at the links that they put at the bottom of the II email? They link the forms and further instructions. I don't know how to schedule the actual interview yet though.
Yeah, I just discovered all those forms, and my previous post is all wrong lol.

So there is still a graduate application where we go to pay the fee/upload stuff. Lots of pretty confusing instructions are hidden throughout the documents attached to the email.

Is anybody else's casper score say it is not received although it has been sent to the school?

Members don't see this ad :)
Is anybody else's casper score say it is not received although it has been sent to the school?
Yeah, that's normal based on past threads. It takes some time for them to mark stuff as received.

I just completed the graduate school application and paid the fee. Gonna start uploading forms to the portal now.

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah, that's normal based on past threads. It takes some time for them to mark stuff as received.

I just completed the graduate school application and paid the fee. Gonna start uploading forms to the portal now.
Awesome I did the same - seems that most of it will get "checked" after they process the graduate fee and look through everything. Thanks for the quick reply!

Sorry to be blowing up the thread, but I was unsure if I was supposed to upload anything to the graduate application? I entered all my information (GPA, AMCAS ID, citizenship/residency status, etc.) and paid the fee, but didn't upload any transcripts or "achievements". I'm assuming the rest of the documents (legal disclosure, virtual interview form) get uploaded directly to the portal? It seems like they should go in the portal, but the PDF instructions mention emailing documents to the admissions office as well.

It looks to me like the basic steps are:
  1. fill out/pay grad app fee ($70)
  2. upload legal disclosure form directly to the applicant portal
  3. email virtual interview acknowledgment to the admissions email
  4. Fill out your portion of the deans eval form, send it to your uni, they complete the rest and mail (maybe can email?) back to the school

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 users
Congrats all you ISers! Kill those interviews!

I'm IS and have not gotten an II. I also received the application received update a few days after the first wave, so I might just be later in the stack

Sorry to be blowing up the thread, but I was unsure if I was supposed to upload anything to the graduate application? I entered all my information (GPA, AMCAS ID, citizenship/residency status, etc.) and paid the fee, but didn't upload any transcripts or "achievements". I'm assuming the rest of the documents (legal disclosure, virtual interview form) get uploaded directly to the portal? It seems like they should go in the portal, but the PDF instructions mention emailing documents to the admissions office as well.
I added a couple of achievements (dean lists mostly) but that was it - didn't want to overdo it since they already have our primary. The rest of it I did not upload any transcripts / MCAT etc because thats what they instructed. I wouldn't worry about it too much and just follow the supplemental guide they gave us

So when we fill out the graduate school form, we just select the “I am not adding any standardized tests” button, correct?

Last edited:
Congrats on the II! You don't get to pick the date for the interview, they'll do it for you once you turn everything in.

Members don't see this ad :)
In case anyone else is in the same boat as me and accidentally sent more than the maximum three letters of rec, I emailed admissions, and they said that that's totally fine, they'll choose which three letters best fulfill their requirements, and keep the extra ones on file as additional info in case the admission committee decides they want to look at them

It looks to me like the basic steps are:
  1. fill out/pay grad app fee ($70)
  2. upload legal disclosure form directly to the applicant portal
  3. email virtual interview acknowledgment to the admissions email
  4. Fill out your portion of the deans eval form, send it to your uni, they complete the rest and mail (maybe can email?) back to the school
I did the same thing! I personally did not do any achievements either and only did GPA and residency stuff as well. Kind of seems like they only use this Grad Portal for paying and residency stuff only.

so is there no secondary?
Correct. IU uses your primary to decide whether to send an II. If an II is sent, then you're invited to pay the fee ($70) and fill out some forms.

If anyone is wondering, I'm pretty sure email is accepted for the dean's eval because I had mine both paper mailed and emailed from my undergraduate dean's office yesterday afternoon, and it was already marked received in the portal! I heard that step has been a sticking point for people before so I'm glad it's done.

Reactions: 3 users
I want to send IU an "update" letter to talk about my ties and my desire to move to Indiana and practice medicine (my whole fam lives there but I'm an Iowa resident). Thoughts?

Does it take awhile for the graduate fee to update as paid? I did mine yesterday and it still says not paid

I want to send IU an "update" letter to talk about my ties and my desire to move to Indiana and practice medicine (my whole fam lives there but I'm an Iowa resident). Thoughts?
This sounds more like a letter of interest as opposed to an update letter to me. From what I've read and heard, updates, in general, have peak impact 8-10 weeks after being complete. Now in this case because IU doesn't have a secondary, this might be debatable. Just my $0.02, but I still think talking about ties and 'why IU' would be better suited for an interview and I do think it's too early for an update letter/letter of interest.

This sounds more like a letter of interest as opposed to an update letter to me. From what I've read and heard, updates, in general, have peak impact 8-10 weeks after being complete. Now in this case because IU doesn't have a secondary, this might be debatable. Just my $0.02, but I still think talking about ties and 'why IU' would be better suited for an interview and I do think it's too early for an update letter/letter of interest.
Makes sense and thanks for your input. I ask this because I haven't received their "Secondary" email yet...

Does it take awhile for the graduate fee to update as paid? I did mine yesterday and it still says not paid
I am having the same problem! Graduate fee not updated as paid along with pre-reqs and casper

IS, primary acknowledgment email received, no II yet. :( Patience is a virtue, y’all. Maybe I am not considered IS because I am working out of state, idk. They seemed flighty when I asked them about state residency.

IS, primary acknowledgment email received, no II yet. :( Patience is a virtue, y’all. Maybe I am not considered IS because I am working out of state, idk. They seemed flighty when I asked them about state residency.
doesn't matter, depends what you put in your state of legal residence on your AMCAS

I am having the same problem! Graduate fee not updated as paid along with pre-reqs and casper
I believe it is a hard cutoff, but you could probably email their admissions account to see if they'd make an exception since your well above the overall cutoff maybe.

The way it works is that you select your campus preferences once you get the II, and I believe you're guaranteed your top choice if admitted to EDP. I'm assuming anyone below the cutoffs for Indy just won't have that option when they're ranking campuses for EDP
Thanks! I'll email them and see. I got an II but didn't see anything about selecting campus preferences yet. Maybe this is after the interview? Did anybody else see anything about selecting campuses?

anyone IS with a confirmation email not get a II yet? lolol

Thanks! I'll email them and see. I got an II but didn't see anything about selecting campus preferences yet. Maybe this is after the interview? Did anybody else see anything about selecting campuses?
I was under the impression that campus placement preference happens after you are accepted.

Has anyone had any luck with their "graduate fee paid" box being checked?

Has anyone OOS received an email acknowledging that they have received your primary?

Reactions: 6 users
Has anyone had any luck with their "graduate fee paid" box being checked?
My understanding is that all of these things are checked off manually by the office of admissions, so some of it takes a while. I paid the grad fee the first day, and I'm still waiting on it to be checked off.

Also waiting for CASPer score to be marked as complete (scores were sent from CASPer several weeks ago), and for "prerequisites met" to be marked complete (They are complete)

I was verified a few days ago OOS. Does IU update on whether they received the application?

Has anyone OOS received an email acknowledging that they have received your primary?
+2 OOS, got an email on 7/12 acknowledging that they received my primary after being verified on 6/22.

My understanding is that all of these things are checked off manually by the office of admissions, so some of it takes a while. I paid the grad fee the first day, and I'm still waiting on it to be checked off.

Also waiting for CASPer score to be marked as complete (scores were sent from CASPer several weeks ago), and for "prerequisites met" to be marked complete (They are complete)
Thanks for the reply! I am waiting on the same things - just dont want my application to be canceled if I didnt pay the fee properly in the first week. I'll write in here if/when they start to check off my boxes

OOS student just received email acknowledging receipt of my primary!

I interviewed here last year, got my ii in August but didn't actually get my interview date assigned to me for at least a month. It's slow

Do you guys know if you need to do CASPer before they will look at your app? I'm assuming its yes since thats what other schools do before they look at your secondary, but I unsure since they dont have a secondary..

Verified July 13th and haven't heard anything OOS