2021-2022 Indiana

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Grad app fee marked as paid this morning!

actually paid the fee 7/13

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
soooo how long after we get our confirmation email should we start getting worried if we haven't gotten a II yet? i'm in-state and my app was downloaded 7/2. IU is my top choice lololol so trying not to panic? 😂😂 also i'm not EDP

Members don't see this ad :)
Verified on day one and they just sent an email letting me know they’ve received my app. OOS.

Reactions: 4 users
For those of you with an II, when did you get the email they received your application?

For those of you with an II, when did you get the email they received your application?
My full timeline:

1. Verified by AMCAS before transmission day
  2. App recept confirmation: 6/29
  3. Interview Invite: 7/13

Reactions: 2 users
IS? I’ve been interviewed here before but IIRC I wasn’t invited until September even though I sent the primary in June

Reactions: 1 user
INTERVIEW INVITE today!!! IS, Verified 7/9, under review 7/9. Couldn't be more excited !

OOS Interview Invite received today! No ties to the school or the state. Verified 6/30, received the confirmation from Indiana 7/14.

For those of you who have completed this supplemental stuff, when do they assign the date?

Reactions: 3 users
OOS Interview Invite received today! No ties to the school or the state. Verified 6/30, received the confirmation from Indiana 7/14.

For those of you who have completed this supplemental stuff, when do they assign the date?
CONGRATS!!

Members don't see this ad :)

They haven't yet. Once you complete the supplemental stuff and pay the fee you have to wait for them to manually check off all of the boxes in the status section of the portal.

I completed my supplemental stuff on the first day they sent IIs (7/13) and am still not fully checked off by them. Once it's all checked off you get assigned a date. I'll update once I'm assigned a date so people will have some idea of the timeline.

Primary verified on July 13th and still no acknowledgment from IU that they received it.

They haven't yet. Once you complete the supplemental stuff and pay the fee you have to wait for them to manually check off all of the boxes in the status section of the portal.

I completed my supplemental stuff on the first day they sent IIs (7/13) and am still not fully checked off by them. Once it's all checked off you get assigned a date. I'll update once I'm assigned a date so people will have some idea of the timeline.
Awesome, thank you! Please do. I'm just worried that they assign the date with little anticipation.

CONGRATS! were both of you regular md?
I am regular MD, yes!

Which sections are you still missing? I am missing my casper score, deans evaluation and prerequisites still

Which sections are you still missing? I am missing my casper score, deans evaluation and prerequisites still
My dean's eval was marked complete the day after it was sent (emailed from the office of student conduct at my undergrad).

Still waiting on CASPer score and prereqs to be checked off.

Mine took a while after verification to get an acknowledgment that they received the application.

Verified on the first day and still haven't received an acknowledgment email. Is anyone else still in this boat?

Reactions: 6 users
Verified on the first day and still haven't received an acknowledgment email. Is anyone else still in this boat?
I was verified on day one and didn't receive verification until this week

+1

Kinda bittersweet though because it feels like my 1st quartile CASPer is going to knock my application out anyway

Hello! I'm debating whether or not to add this school.... I'm an Ohio resident, no ties to Indiana. However, I am interested in their rural medicine opportunities and specifically the Bloomington campus. Anyone else in a similar situation?

Right, like someone said, you only get assigned a date once everything is checked off. However, the timing after that seems to vary (I'm a reapplicant from the previous cycle). I didn't get my date assigned until about a month later, but some people on last year's thread reported waiting about 2+ months before getting one. Really depends. But congratulations on the II fellow OOSer!

Hello! I'm debating whether or not to add this school.... I'm an Ohio resident, no ties to Indiana. However, I am interested in their rural medicine opportunities and specifically the Bloomington campus. Anyone else in a similar situation?
I believe the rural medicine concentration is only available at the Terre Haute campus which is a far cry from Bloomington lol

Could be mistaken though!

Hey everyone, I was verified early, but I just decided to add IU recently, and I sent my primaries to them. I'm kinda having a hard time figuring out their post-primary prcoess. Will they update me with any secondary portal with submission fee eventually? Is there a secondary type submission fee/portal or is that only once you get an II? Will they at least email me to confirm they received all my materials? Thanks for the updates

• Hmm
There is only a “secondary” (and from what I remember it isn’t much of a secondary) if you get an II

Hey everyone, I was verified early, but I just decided to add IU recently, and I sent my primaries to them. I'm kinda having a hard time figuring out their post-primary prcoess. Will they update me with any secondary portal with submission fee eventually? Is there a secondary type submission fee/portal or is that only once you get an II? Will they at least email me to confirm they received all my materials? Thanks for the updates
Once you send your primary, IU does some sort of priority screen where they download their top priority (IS, higher stat) apps first. You get a confirmation that IU received your primary when they download your app. This means that some people do effectively get screened out and literally hear nothing from IU for months.

Once they download your app, they decide if they're gonna send an II. If they do, you get invited to fill out the supplemental portal. It's no essays, a $70 fee. IU takes forever to manually check off all of the requirements before sending assigning an actual interview date.

Just curious, what's the LM of you guys who already have IIs?

Once you send your primary, IU does some sort of priority screen where they download their top priority (IS, higher stat) apps first. You get a confirmation that IU received your primary when they download your app. This means that some people do effectively get screened out and literally hear nothing from IU for months.

Once they download your app, they decide if they're gonna send an II. If they do, you get invited to fill out the supplemental portal. It's no essays, a $70 fee. IU takes forever to manually check off all of the requirements before sending assigning an actual interview date.
As a high stat but OOS and late submit to IU (sent them my primaries this week), do you think I'll probably have to wait a while?

As a high stat but OOS and late submit to IU (sent them my primaries this week), do you think I'll probably have to wait a while?
I'm just a current IS applicant, and have no inside information, so I don't really have a solid answer. I have spent way too much time research IUs admissions stuff tho since its my most likely A.

Things seem super inconsistent for OOS people at IU from what I've seen in past threads. IDK if IU just has some really specific criteria they're looking for in OOS people but it seems like some people get IIs right away along with the IS crowd, while others get put on the back burner for months, and it seems like its not just straight-up based on stats alone.

I'm just a current IS applicant, and have no inside information, so I don't really have a solid answer. I have spent way too much time research IUs admissions stuff tho since its my most likely A.

Things seem super inconsistent for OOS people at IU from what I've seen in past threads. IDK if IU just has some really specific criteria they're looking for in OOS people but it seems like some people get IIs right away along with the IS crowd, while others get put on the back burner for months, and it seems like its not just straight-up based on stats alone.
Thanks, that actually paints a pretty good picture

Same boat
Hmm sounds like a "fit the mission" kinda thing for OOS :unsure:

Does anyone know how strict IU I is with their LOR of requirement? I have a letter from my schools pre-med committee but idk if that satisfies the requirement.

Last edited:
Anyone else from first II wave still waiting on their deans evaluation to be marked received? The person at my undergrad (not IU) sent it over email on Monday and it’s not marked in yet. We weren’t sure if email was okay which is why I’m wondering. Thanks for any help!

Anyone else from first II wave still waiting on their deans evaluation to be marked received? The person at my undergrad (not IU) sent it over email on Monday and it’s not marked in yet. We weren’t sure if email was okay which is why I’m wondering. Thanks for any help!
Email is the preferred way. IU seems a little bit slow with marking documents as received since it is all manually done

Primary has been verified for 10 days now and I have not received an email from IU confirming they received it. Anyone else, OOS btw.

Primary has been verified for 10 days now and I have not received an email from IU confirming they received it. Anyone else, OOS btw.
OOS but I've only added them today so I plan on keeping track, hope you hear back soon