-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Indiana
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Hoosierpride99
Full Member
+1Grad app fee marked as paid this morning!
actually paid the fee 7/13
soooo how long after we get our confirmation email should we start getting worried if we haven't gotten a II yet? i'm in-state and my app was downloaded 7/2. IU is my top choice lololol so trying not to panic? 😂😂 also i'm not EDP
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1100717
My full timeline:For those of you with an II, when did you get the email they received your application?
- Verified by AMCAS before transmission day
- App recept confirmation: 6/29
- Interview Invite: 7/13
IS? I’ve been interviewed here before but IIRC I wasn’t invited until September even though I sent the primary in June
D
deleted1100717
Yeah, IS, non-EDPIS? I’ve been interviewed here before but IIRC I wasn’t invited until September even though I sent the primary in June
serotonin1
Full Member
CONGRATS!!OOS Interview Invite received today! No ties to the school or the state. Verified 6/30, received the confirmation from Indiana 7/14.
For those of you who have completed this supplemental stuff, when do they assign the date?
If we are OOS and complete on an earlier day should we assume we didn’t get an ii
NoIf we are OOS and complete on an earlier day should we assume we didn’t get an ii
D
deleted1100717
They haven't yet. Once you complete the supplemental stuff and pay the fee you have to wait for them to manually check off all of the boxes in the status section of the portal.OOS Interview Invite received today! No ties to the school or the state. Verified 6/30, received the confirmation from Indiana 7/14.
For those of you who have completed this supplemental stuff, when do they assign the date?
I completed my supplemental stuff on the first day they sent IIs (7/13) and am still not fully checked off by them. Once it's all checked off you get assigned a date. I'll update once I'm assigned a date so people will have some idea of the timeline.
Primary verified on July 13th and still no acknowledgment from IU that they received it.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
INTERVIEW INVITE today!!! IS, Verified 7/9, under review 7/9. Couldn't be more excited !
CONGRATS! were both of you regular md?OOS Interview Invite received today! No ties to the school or the state. Verified 6/30, received the confirmation from Indiana 7/14.
Awesome, thank you! Please do. I'm just worried that they assign the date with little anticipation.They haven't yet. Once you complete the supplemental stuff and pay the fee you have to wait for them to manually check off all of the boxes in the status section of the portal.
I completed my supplemental stuff on the first day they sent IIs (7/13) and am still not fully checked off by them. Once it's all checked off you get assigned a date. I'll update once I'm assigned a date so people will have some idea of the timeline.
I am regular MD, yes!CONGRATS! were both of you regular md?
SAMEPrimary verified on July 13th and still no acknowledgment from IU that they received it.
Did anybody get a scholar concentration program email?
Which sections are you still missing? I am missing my casper score, deans evaluation and prerequisites stillThey haven't yet. Once you complete the supplemental stuff and pay the fee you have to wait for them to manually check off all of the boxes in the status section of the portal.
I completed my supplemental stuff on the first day they sent IIs (7/13) and am still not fully checked off by them. Once it's all checked off you get assigned a date. I'll update once I'm assigned a date so people will have some idea of the timeline.
D
deleted1100717
My dean's eval was marked complete the day after it was sent (emailed from the office of student conduct at my undergrad).Which sections are you still missing? I am missing my casper score, deans evaluation and prerequisites still
Still waiting on CASPer score and prereqs to be checked off.
IS? LM if you're comfortable with sharing?Primary verified on July 13th and still no acknowledgment from IU that they received it.
Nope, OOS and LM around 69. Spent some time at IU in undergrad before transferring.IS? LM if you're comfortable with sharing?
Mine took a while after verification to get an acknowledgment that they received the application.
yes yes yes yes yes lolVerified on the first day and still haven't received an acknowledgment email. Is anyone else still in this boat?
I was verified on day one and didn't receive verification until this weekVerified on the first day and still haven't received an acknowledgment email. Is anyone else still in this boat?
Regular MD yesCONGRATS! were both of you regular md?
+1OOS Interview Invite received today! No ties to the school or the state. Verified 6/30, received the confirmation from Indiana 7/14.
For those of you who have completed this supplemental stuff, when do they assign the date?
Kinda bittersweet though because it feels like my 1st quartile CASPer is going to knock my application out anyway
casper doesn't mean **** about **** my guy you'll be fine+1
Kinda bittersweet though because it feels like my 1st quartile CASPer is going to knock my application out anyway
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
anywaythisisme
New Member
Same!Grad app fee marked as paid this morning!
actually paid the fee 7/13
Hello! I'm debating whether or not to add this school.... I'm an Ohio resident, no ties to Indiana. However, I am interested in their rural medicine opportunities and specifically the Bloomington campus. Anyone else in a similar situation?
@BrontoPronto they seem to be pretty OOS friendly and there is no secondary fee unless you get an II so I would say go for it
Right, like someone said, you only get assigned a date once everything is checked off. However, the timing after that seems to vary (I'm a reapplicant from the previous cycle). I didn't get my date assigned until about a month later, but some people on last year's thread reported waiting about 2+ months before getting one. Really depends. But congratulations on the II fellow OOSer!OOS Interview Invite received today! No ties to the school or the state. Verified 6/30, received the confirmation from Indiana 7/14.
For those of you who have completed this supplemental stuff, when do they assign the date?
I believe the rural medicine concentration is only available at the Terre Haute campus which is a far cry from Bloomington lolHello! I'm debating whether or not to add this school.... I'm an Ohio resident, no ties to Indiana. However, I am interested in their rural medicine opportunities and specifically the Bloomington campus. Anyone else in a similar situation?
Could be mistaken though!
INeedHelp1234
Full Member
Hey everyone, I was verified early, but I just decided to add IU recently, and I sent my primaries to them. I'm kinda having a hard time figuring out their post-primary prcoess. Will they update me with any secondary portal with submission fee eventually? Is there a secondary type submission fee/portal or is that only once you get an II? Will they at least email me to confirm they received all my materials? Thanks for the updates
There is only a “secondary” (and from what I remember it isn’t much of a secondary) if you get an II
D
deleted1100717
Once you send your primary, IU does some sort of priority screen where they download their top priority (IS, higher stat) apps first. You get a confirmation that IU received your primary when they download your app. This means that some people do effectively get screened out and literally hear nothing from IU for months.Hey everyone, I was verified early, but I just decided to add IU recently, and I sent my primaries to them. I'm kinda having a hard time figuring out their post-primary prcoess. Will they update me with any secondary portal with submission fee eventually? Is there a secondary type submission fee/portal or is that only once you get an II? Will they at least email me to confirm they received all my materials? Thanks for the updates
Once they download your app, they decide if they're gonna send an II. If they do, you get invited to fill out the supplemental portal. It's no essays, a $70 fee. IU takes forever to manually check off all of the requirements before sending assigning an actual interview date.
D
deleted1100717
~75Just curious, what's the LM of you guys who already have IIs?
INeedHelp1234
Full Member
As a high stat but OOS and late submit to IU (sent them my primaries this week), do you think I'll probably have to wait a while?Once you send your primary, IU does some sort of priority screen where they download their top priority (IS, higher stat) apps first. You get a confirmation that IU received your primary when they download your app. This means that some people do effectively get screened out and literally hear nothing from IU for months.
Once they download your app, they decide if they're gonna send an II. If they do, you get invited to fill out the supplemental portal. It's no essays, a $70 fee. IU takes forever to manually check off all of the requirements before sending assigning an actual interview date.
D
deleted1100717
I'm just a current IS applicant, and have no inside information, so I don't really have a solid answer. I have spent way too much time research IUs admissions stuff tho since its my most likely A.As a high stat but OOS and late submit to IU (sent them my primaries this week), do you think I'll probably have to wait a while?
Things seem super inconsistent for OOS people at IU from what I've seen in past threads. IDK if IU just has some really specific criteria they're looking for in OOS people but it seems like some people get IIs right away along with the IS crowd, while others get put on the back burner for months, and it seems like its not just straight-up based on stats alone.
INeedHelp1234
Full Member
Thanks, that actually paints a pretty good pictureI'm just a current IS applicant, and have no inside information, so I don't really have a solid answer. I have spent way too much time research IUs admissions stuff tho since its my most likely A.
Things seem super inconsistent for OOS people at IU from what I've seen in past threads. IDK if IU just has some really specific criteria they're looking for in OOS people but it seems like some people get IIs right away along with the IS crowd, while others get put on the back burner for months, and it seems like its not just straight-up based on stats alone.
Same boatAs a high stat but OOS and late submit to IU (sent them my primaries this week), do you think I'll probably have to wait a while?
Hmm sounds like a "fit the mission" kinda thing for OOS 🤔Things seem super inconsistent for OOS people at IU from what I've seen in past threads. IDK if IU just has some really specific criteria they're looking for in OOS people but it seems like some people get IIs right away along with the IS crowd, while others get put on the back burner for months, and it seems like its not just straight-up based on stats alone.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
elbowtienoodles
Full Member
Anyone else from first II wave still waiting on their deans evaluation to be marked received? The person at my undergrad (not IU) sent it over email on Monday and it’s not marked in yet. We weren’t sure if email was okay which is why I’m wondering. Thanks for any help!
cs_doc
Full Member
Email is the preferred way. IU seems a little bit slow with marking documents as received since it is all manually doneAnyone else from first II wave still waiting on their deans evaluation to be marked received? The person at my undergrad (not IU) sent it over email on Monday and it’s not marked in yet. We weren’t sure if email was okay which is why I’m wondering. Thanks for any help!
70.5Just curious, what's the LM of you guys who already have IIs?
Primary has been verified for 10 days now and I have not received an email from IU confirming they received it. Anyone else, OOS btw.
OOS but I've only added them today so I plan on keeping track, hope you hear back soonPrimary has been verified for 10 days now and I have not received an email from IU confirming they received it. Anyone else, OOS btw.