2021-2022 Indiana

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I have an interview coming up. Anyone got any tips? I would really appreciate it :)
Best of luck! I'd recommend being as thorough as possible and really thinking about what their question is asking. They're going to ask you questions that you've prepared for and questions you've not. On the curveballs, take a couple seconds to think. I was nervous and felt rushed to say the first thing that popped in my head and looking back, I wish I would've reflected on the questions a bit more before answering.

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
I have an interview coming up. Anyone got any tips? I would really appreciate it :)
I say just be yourself and don’t get worried if the interviewer is kinda stoic. Mine was literally 40 minutes of them saying “k” and scribbling after every answer and I was not expecting the good outcome I got afterward haha. You got this!

• Love
got the A in the mail today. Nothing emailed to me or in the portal. I interviewed 11/3, MCAT 508, GPA ~3.7, IS

• Love
Reactions: 14 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm at Bloomington, I will not be there for all 4 years. I might do some electives here though, depends on what I end up choosing.
Sorry to revive questions from forever ago, but your profile was private so I couldn't DM you. How many days per week are you expected to be on campus for classes/PBL/etc? Especially the first semester?

idk how many more of these acceptance waves without hearing back I can take lol

Reactions: 9 users
Where are you in state?
Indianapolis. Less than 10 miles from the campus. So, incredibly close and I'm sure I was one of the first to hear. My portal and email have nothing so far as well, so don't lose hope! I also didn't send a letter of intent and I thought my interview went terribly, since they were so aloof.

Reactions: 1 users
got the A in the mail today. Nothing emailed to me or in the portal. I interviewed 11/3, MCAT 508, GPA ~3.7, IS
Congrats!! Is the acceptance mail in a small envelope or more like a packet? I’m wondering if it would show up on the informed delivery from USPS since some said it didn’t.

Just got the A through email! This feels so surreal. My first A and I instantly called my mom and balled my eyes out. Interviewed 10/13 and had honestly lost hope for IU. OOS w/ strong ties

Edit: my portal also updated to reflect the acceptance

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users
10/06 interviewee here, I lied about the 10/13 interview earlier, OOS with strong ties. Still waiting for any kind of news. Tired of waiting lol

Just got the A through email! This feels so surreal. My first A and I instantly called my mom and balled my eyes out. Interviewed 10/13 and had honestly lost hope for IU. OOS w/ strong ties
Congratulations!! I can only imagine how you feel. You earned this!

• Care
Monthly reminder that application status and application cycle stats or outcomes don’t define you as an applicant or as a human. Remember to practice self care and focus on what’s in front of you (family, friends, partners, experiences, etc.). What’s for you will be yours. Continued good luck to everybody.

• Care
Reactions: 11 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Got the A today, does anyone kow how long we have to accept or decline the offer?

Have they said when the second look weekend is scheduled for? I haven’t been able to find anything about it

Hello, received A thru email and portal last Friday 01/21/22 but did not receive any package thru USPS yet. Is there anything in the package that needs to be signed and sent back or appactence is thru portal only?

Scholarship offer received today
That’s awesome, congrats! Is it the $18k (30 for non resident) one that they mentioned? Im assuming they sent an email?

I guess this means they sent the end of January ones, there are supposed to be two more waves, so keeping my fingers crossed

That’s awesome, congrats! Is it the $18k (30 for non resident) one that they mentioned? Im assuming they sent an email?

I guess this means they sent the end of January ones, there are supposed to be two more waves, so keeping my fingers crossed
Yup, they sent an email.

Hey everyone, for any kind of additional letter, we just upload that onto the "document upload" portion of the application portal right? Thank you!

Kind of confused by the new email telling us we won't know campus assignments until May. For me at least, location is a huge part of whether or not I would choose to attend. I thought they usually release them in April?

Kind of confused by the new email telling us we won't know campus assignments until May. For me at least, location is a huge part of whether or not I would choose to attend. I thought they usually release them in April?
They release them in the beginning of May right after CTE opens up. However, each school has their own CTE deadline so you have time to commit between that period. For example, the IUSM CTE deadline is like July 11 so you have between April 30th and then to commit.

• Care
They release them in the beginning of May right after CTE opens up. However, each school has their own CTE deadline so you have time to commit between that period. For example, the IUSM CTE deadline is like July 11 so you have between April 30th and then to commit.
So if I'm understanding this correctly, we would still have to withdraw all other acceptances by April 30th per AAMC guidelines right? So we kind of have to make the decision without knowing our campus placements?

So if I'm understanding this correctly, we would still have to withdraw all other acceptances by April 30th per AAMC guidelines right? So we kind of have to make the decision without knowing our campus placements?
that's definitely a feature and not a bug lol

• Haha
As an October interviewee, would it be bad to email the school for an update on the status. I haven’t heard a single thing since it said my application was complete. I posted an update letter on the portal last month but am wondering if I should email the school. Has anyone else done this?

As an October interviewee, would it be bad to email the school for an update on the status. I haven’t heard a single thing since it said my application was complete. I posted an update letter on the portal last month but am wondering if I should email the school. Has anyone else done this?
I think we just wait, they don't send out post-interview rejections till may, but just because you haven't heard back doesn't mean you wont be accepted. I've seen people from last years thread who heard back like 6 months after their interview.

I think we just wait, they don't send out post-interview rejections till may, but just because you haven't heard back doesn't mean you wont be accepted. I've seen people from last years thread who heard back like 6 months after their interview.
dont-give-me-hope-meme-3-768x409.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
As an October interviewee, would it be bad to email the school for an update on the status. I haven’t heard a single thing since it said my application was complete I posted an update letter on the portal last month but am wondering if I should email the school. Has anyone else done thi?
View attachment 349794
*screams in 7 months*

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Hey Gang,

Me again. I'll post the link a few more times as we get closer to orientation week, but we have a Discord group setup for everyone to commiserate. The nice thing about Discord relative to other platforms is that it's anonymous, so no fakery needed! We already have 1/10 of the incoming class. Come join the group!

Interviewed 01/12 and received this message yesterday:

"Your application is now under consideration and ready to go before the Admissions Committee. All applicants will receive a final decision by June."

Does this mean my file is currently being reviewed or that it's in a pile of things waiting to be addressed? I submitted all my supplementary materials well before interviewing (confirmed on portal), and this message makes me worry that my application wasn't even marked as complete for over a month :confused: Should I expect any further communication between this message and a final decision?

Interviewed 01/12 and received this message yesterday:

"Your application is now under consideration and ready to go before the Admissions Committee. All applicants will receive a final decision by June."

Does this mean my file is currently being reviewed or that it's in a pile of things waiting to be addressed? I submitted all my supplementary materials well before interviewing (confirmed on portal), and this message makes me worry that my application wasn't even marked as complete for over a month :confused: Should I expect any further communication between this message and a final decision?
I interviewed in November and received the same email a few weeks later. Most people seem to get this message after a few weeks post interview, but the timing of this message seems to have little bearing on when you’ll hear a final decision (usually it’s like a couple months or so). Not sure if iu has sent any post interview Rs yet.

I don’t think you have anything to worry about, but you may have to keep on waiting it out. Hang tough, soldier.