2021-2022 Indiana

Started by PapaGuava
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just got my acceptance in the mail today in southern Indiana! No portal update or email yet. I was starting to lose hope as well! It didn’t show anything in Informed Delivery. The A’s are still coming!!
Congrats!! If you don’t mind, could you share your stats?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Over the last 3 months there have been 9 reported A's. That may seem like a decent amount, but considering the school only sends out RD acceptances 5 months of the year (Oct, Nov, Jan, Feb, Mar), that seems very low...especially for the biggest MD school in the country. Really hope there isn't a massive waitlist.
 
Over the last 3 months there have been 9 reported A's. That may seem like a decent amount, but considering the school only sends out RD acceptances 5 months of the year (Oct, Nov, Jan, Feb, Mar), that seems very low...especially for the biggest MD school in the country. Really hope there isn't a massive waitlist.
True, but keep in mind SDN isn't the most accurate means of keeping track how many were accepted. I'm sure things are going all according to plan for IU, and that the waitlist will top off at 100 as usual.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was accepted with a 506, I retook it in January to get a 511 but was accepted before it was scored.
If you have <510 you should definitely retake it, I have no words for why I got in. I have no idea why I was accepted, and would love to know what the admissions meetings are like cause none of this makes sense.
 
Has anyone with a mcat score below 510 gotten accepted?
i know someone with a 508 who got accepted! i wouldn't worry too much if you received an interview bc if I highly doubt they would've sent an invite to someone who they didn't think had what it took to succeed in med school

also, keep in mind that the "510 mcat" is an AVERAGE and not a cutoff; a quick look at msar shows that people who scored below that still got accepted
 
Has anyone received the scholarship from the Month of March? I know that they were sending out the last spots but I havent heard anyone receiving it yet.
Received merit based scholarship (ORM, IS) notification yesterday, April 7, via email at 6:07 p.m.! Then I received another email this morning saying that since I received a scholarship, I was able to get my #1 campus placement. So surprised to get my campus placement today since they said it would release in May. Very hyped, hope others are receiving good news as well!😀
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Sorry to hear that man. I've seen you on a few other posts I'm following, so I'm glad to know you got a few more A's under your belt. Do you mind sharing if this was over an email or the mail? I'm worried that I am going to get a hand delivered rejection by my poor mail man.

it was over email , and thank you bro, I appreciate you.


For regular decision? Sorry about the R though, hoping for the best for you!
Yes it was for regular decision