2021-2022 Indiana

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
it was over email , and thank you bro, I appreciate you.

Yes it was for regular decision
Sorry for the R. As mentioned above, you will be a great doctor where ever you end up going to school! And sorry for asking another question... But were you ever put on the alternate list?

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Sorry for the R. As mentioned above, you will be a great doctor where ever you end up going to school! And sorry for asking another question... But were you ever put on the alternate list?
alternate lists have not gone out yet

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Yeh haven't heard a peep from them post interview. I think it may very well be over.

• Care
Interviewed 1/12 and nothing. Assuming WL or rejection

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
I’m so confused, I thought they send out post-II R in May?
dawg my interview was so bad, I wouldnt be surprised if they expedited my rejection on principle alone lmfaaooo

• Haha
  • Care
Reactions: 5 users
I interviewed in November and I’ve had silence since then
A lot of us are in the exact same situation bro. I would say to not hold out hope until the waitlist is released. I have no idea why regular MDs applicants are getting R's this early tho. Hopefully the rest of us hear something soon!

Members don't see this ad :)
I’m so confused, I thought they send out post-II R in May?
Not sure if there's a specific month/time, but last cycle I got a post-II R in late April. I think they're just steadily going out and the majority come out in May possibly

Not sure if there's a specific month/time, but last cycle I got a post-II R in late April. I think they're just steadily going out and the majority come out in May possibly
Yea I was just told the same thing by someone who got in a previous cycle. Apparently they steadily go out throughout April and then a majority are sent out in May. However there's still the waitlist along with a bunch of acceptances that are given out, so we still have a decent chance. CYMS deadlines are coming up as well, so that should help narrow things and open up some spots.

Yea I was just told the same thing by someone who got in a previous cycle. Apparently they steadily go out throughout April and then a majority are sent out in May. However there's still the waitlist along with a bunch of acceptances that are given out, so we still have a decent chance. CYMS deadlines are coming up as well, so that should help narrow things and open up some spots.
They send out acceptances in April?

They send out acceptances in April?
According to what they told me yes. Also according to this post from this thread, they did send out A's by email in April (unless I'm a doofus and misunderstood the phrasing, in which case my apologies and please do correct me lol).
Nobody knows for sure, but I would imagine some time late April. Last year they went out mid-late April and they trickled out for a couple weeks I think? Last cycle they also sent acceptances by email though so who knows what will happen lol

According to what they told me yes. Also according to this post from this thread, they did send out A's by email in April (unless I'm a doofus and misunderstood the phrasing, in which case my apologies and please do correct me lol).
Ah, I think I confused you with my verbiage--last cycle they sent out ALL acceptances through email. I pointed this out as a way to indicate that they don't follow the same practices between cycles. I don't think they sent any out in April last year, maybe in years prior though.

Ah, I think I confused you with my verbiage--last cycle they sent out ALL acceptances through email. I pointed this out as a way to indicate that they don't follow the same practices between cycles. I don't think they sent any out in April last year, maybe in years prior though.
Ah ok thank you for clarifying my friend, I had a feeling that's what you meant. I'll double check with my friend on whether any direct acceptances we're actually given out after March during their cycle. Pretty sure they were waitlisted too lol.

Last edited:
Hey again everyone, just wanted to offer insight to any questions you all might have as a 1st year here! I'm currently at the Terre Haute campus, but I can answer any general questions anyone may have about curriculum, student life, or anything else. Feel free to private message me too!

Hey again everyone, just wanted to offer insight to any questions you all might have as a 1st year here! I'm currently at the Terre Haute campus, but I can answer any general questions anyone may have about curriculum, student life, or anything else. Feel free to private message me too!
Thanks again for offering to answer questions! How many people do you know that got their 1st choice for campus placement?

Congratulations to all who have been accepted thus far. As you make your decisions, please keep in mind that IUSM hires and defends racist, transphobic, anti-vax professors. Administration was made aware of this and sent and email to the student body protecting the first amendment right to free speech. The curriculum also only focuses on cases regarding white patients and completely disregards minority health. As I wrap up my first year at IUSM, I am really regretful that I selected this school. I urge everyone to consider any other acceptance they receive. If you have any questions, feel free to reach out!!

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users
Thanks again for offering to answer questions! How many people do you know that got their 1st choice for campus placement?
I'm on a regional campus and got my first choice. I think most of us put it as our #1. A couple were pulled from the waitlist (one girl literally 2 days before orientation). When I talked to admin last year about campus placements, they said Indy was most ranked as #1 followed by Bloomington and South Bend. If you put any other campus as #1, you'll definitely get it. Rank as early as possible to secure the spot you want!

Congratulations to all who have been accepted thus far. As you make your decisions, please keep in mind that IUSM hires and defends racist, transphobic, anti-vax professors. Administration was made aware of this and sent and email to the student body protecting the first amendment right to free speech. The curriculum also only focuses on cases regarding white patients and completely disregards minority health. As I wrap up my first year at IUSM, I am really regretful that I selected this school. I urge everyone to consider any other acceptance they receive. If you have any questions, feel free to reach out!!
Well damn, thanks for making me feel better about not having heard back yet.

And I appreciate the transparency! It's important that schools get put on blast for this.

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
I agree that statement they sent out basically said they heard the student but we aren't gonna do anything lol. IU has had previous situations with racists professors (particularly a business school professor tweeting about women ruining academia and that Black students at elite institutions were unqualified), and they said they wouldn't fire him unless he "acted on those beliefs" so I fear a similar response is coming :/

• Sad
Retweet what the other response said, but I can't really speak to campus placement results as I got off the waitlist, so I didn't go through that process.

Hey Gang,

Posting the link again for anyone who may have been accepted recently (congrats!). Come join us in the Discord chat so we can anonymously commiserate:

See you there!

Attachments

• captain-lonely.gif
    captain-lonely.gif
    722.3 KB · Views: 73
  • Haha
Anyone know when campus placement comes out?
All they have said that it will be sometime in May. Last year, I think they sent it out May 7th, so hopefully it will be the first week of May for us too.

Indiana doesn’t require to use the AAMC CTE tool, correct?
Every school requires you to use the CTE prior to the commit to enroll deadline (IUs deadline is sometime mid-July I think). IU admissions told me that we were not required to select PTE; however, they did expect us to narrow down to only one acceptance prior to May 2nd. Pretty stressful since we don't even find out what campus we get placed at until AFTER we've already narrowed it down to one school...

Every school requires you to use the CTE prior to the commit to enroll deadline (IUs deadline is sometime mid-July I think). IU admissions told me that we were not required to select PTE; however, they did expect us to narrow down to only one acceptance prior to May 2nd. Pretty stressful since we don't even find out what campus we get placed at until AFTER we've already narrowed it down to one school...
Right, that is just a suggestion though we are only required to select CTE by mid-July.

I interviewed 1/12 and I didn’t hear anything yet. I gave up on this cycle to be honest.
January interviewee here as well. Hope all of us still waiting at least get some news by Monday, good or bad. Sucks not hearing anything for this long 😖😣

Interviewed in Oct. Their admissions process is a joke.
😬 See I feel especially bad for people such as yourself that interviewed THAT early and have still yet to hear something. You'd think that they'd do their best to minimize that sort of thing happening let alone be more communicative.

Oh well, guess we'll find out soon enough about the WL and go from there 🤷. Praying for us all homie 😔🙏

I’ll do you one better, I interviewed in August and still haven’t heard back 🙃😭 I feel for us all… hope everyone’s doing okay mentally

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
I’ll do you one better, I interviewed in August and still haven’t heard back 🙃😭 I feel for us all… hope everyone’s doing okay mentally
My state school, 2nd time reapplicant, gearing up for my 3rd application in May in case I get the post interview R here....i'm tired lol

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
My state school, 2nd time reapplicant, gearing up for my 3rd application in May in case I get the post interview R here....i'm tired lol
You have some incredible perseverance my friend. Hope you don't have to go through all this again, but if it ends up that way I know you'll crush it next cycle ♥️

• Love
Reactions: 3 users