2021-2022 Indiana

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Alternate List, IS, Jan Interview

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
You have to send transcripts directly to the school. It is stupid, but they cant use the transcripts from AMCAS as "official" so they need a fresh set of them directly to the admissions office.
Ahh I see! Is there an email we can send them to or just the office of admissions address in Indy? I went to IU for undergrad so I wish they could just pull it from their system haha

Alternate list received. Interviewed Jan

Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed October. No email. When the Rs coming out to play?!

Is there a place to upload it specifically? Or do we just upload it as an "additional document"

Reactions: 1 users
IS Waitlist Recevied. Interviewed in October.

FYI For those on waitlist - I checked through last year's thread, and folks were getting off the waitlist up to two months after they heard the news that they were on the waitlist! So don't give up hope over the next few months, we never know what can happen! Definitely gonna be a stressful few months tho.

Reactions: 4 users
Ahh I see! Is there an email we can send them to or just the office of admissions address in Indy? I went to IU for undergrad so I wish they could just pull it from their system haha
The admissions email is what I sent them to and it worked.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think campus placements will probably go out tomorrow and then next week rejections (based on last year’s trend)

So now that WL spots have been offered, do A’s still only go out on the 15th of each month? Or can they come at any time?

So now that WL spots have been offered, do A’s still only go out on the 15th of each month? Or can they come at any time?
Last year when we the first batch of WLs were sent, they had also said that 100 were chosen but then 3-4 days later they sent out the second set of WLs.

So based on that and on not even knowing if there is a second WL batch and when campus placements are, acceptances might just happen at any time

I called admissions and asked about update on my app because I didn’t get on waitlist and she told me that no decision has been made regarding my app. Does that mean they haven’t finalized sending out waitlist or they have to meet one more time to stamp rejection on my app lol?

• Haha
I called admissions and asked about update on my app because I didn’t get on waitlist and she told me that no decision has been made regarding my app. Does that mean they haven’t finalized sending out waitlist or they have to meet one more time to stamp rejection on my app lol?
That's the standard "Wait and Find Out" reply. lol. My first cycle applying I asked that around Chirstmas and that was their reply to me, I was rejected in the next few days. Not saying that is going to happen to you, but the reply doesn't mean anything.

That's the standard "Wait and Find Out" reply. lol. My first cycle applying I asked that around Chirstmas and that was their reply to me, I was rejected in the next few days. Not saying that is going to happen to you, but the reply doesn't mean anything.

Yeah all she kept saying is everyone will know their decision by the end June 1

My portal updated with campus decision! Got my first choice, but that wasn't a popular campus so I expected it to work out. Still happy though!

My portal updated with campus decision! Got my first choice, but that wasn't a popular campus so I expected it to work out. Still happy though!
Are you talking about the portal you applied through? I tried looking at mine but it is completely blank when I click on Campus Assignment.. Thanks!

Also got the alternate list email like 2 days ago. Kinda hoping a spot opens in Gary :arghh:

They def sending rejections next week if campus placements went out today

WL Gang: Did you guys upload your alternate form just as an "additional document" on the portal? Or was there a place specifically for the alternate form? I just want to make sure I did this right and I think I've called the admissions office too many times over the last few weeks lol

WL Gang: Did you guys upload your alternate form just as an "additional document" on the portal? Or was there a place specifically for the alternate form? I just want to make sure I did this right and I think I've called the admissions office too many times over the last few weeks lol
*67 them

That’s what I did! The alternate list form states “Complete and upload directly to the applicant portal as an “Additional Document” type.”

That’s what I did! The alternate list form states “Complete and upload directly to the applicant portal as an “Additional Document” type.”
Thank you!!! Just saw that little tid-bit at the bottom of the form, all the other PDF's just say to upload directly to portal for some reason

For those that are on the waitlist, when does everyone think we will start seeing movement? I noticed that the last two years movement started around May 15th but also the waitlist came out much earlier those years

For those that are on the waitlist, when does everyone think we will start seeing movement? I noticed that the last two years movement started around May 15th but also the waitlist came out much earlier those years
Last year, the waitlist email was sent on April 23rd. This cycle, it's about 10 says later. I still think we will start to hear back around the 15th. But that's all just speculation :(

Reactions: 4 users
Can’t say I’m surprised we didn’t hear anything this week. But also, how have people who interviewed in October not heard anything back yet. Not even a waitlist…

Offered Alternate list 5/4, but declined. Hope it goes to one of you amazing people. Good luck!

Can’t say I’m surprised we didn’t hear anything this week. But also, how have people who interviewed in October not heard anything back yet. Not even a waitlist…
The waitlist reply form did say that we had to respond whether we wanted to accept and be on the list by the 13th so hopefully next week there’s more feedback from them whether it’s acceptances or another batch of waitlists or both who knows at this point though lol

For people on the waitlist: How many of y'all submitted/are planning to submit a Letter of Intent? I'm thinking of submitting one, but am not sure of how helpful it will really be. I feel like since I interviewed in October, it might be worthwhile, but what do y'all think?

For people on the waitlist: How many of y'all submitted/are planning to submit a Letter of Intent? I'm thinking of submitting one, but am not sure of how helpful it will really be. I feel like since I interviewed in October, it might be worthwhile, but what do y'all think?
I submitted a LOI weeks ago without having heard anything and then got placed on the waitlist. Perhaps it could be more beneficial to hear from someone after they have it narrowed down to a waitlist pool. I’ve also heard they carry more weight after you’ve gained an A? Idk

I submitted one late March and then got placed on the waitlist

Which email do I use to withdraw my acceptance? I have emailed 3 different emails when looking for answers to things and never got an email back lol.