2021-2022 Indiana

Started by PapaGuava
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You have to send transcripts directly to the school. It is stupid, but they cant use the transcripts from AMCAS as "official" so they need a fresh set of them directly to the admissions office.
Ahh I see! Is there an email we can send them to or just the office of admissions address in Indy? I went to IU for undergrad so I wish they could just pull it from their system haha
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So now that WL spots have been offered, do A’s still only go out on the 15th of each month? Or can they come at any time?
Last year when we the first batch of WLs were sent, they had also said that 100 were chosen but then 3-4 days later they sent out the second set of WLs.

So based on that and on not even knowing if there is a second WL batch and when campus placements are, acceptances might just happen at any time
 
I called admissions and asked about update on my app because I didn’t get on waitlist and she told me that no decision has been made regarding my app. Does that mean they haven’t finalized sending out waitlist or they have to meet one more time to stamp rejection on my app lol?
 
I called admissions and asked about update on my app because I didn’t get on waitlist and she told me that no decision has been made regarding my app. Does that mean they haven’t finalized sending out waitlist or they have to meet one more time to stamp rejection on my app lol?
That's the standard "Wait and Find Out" reply. lol. My first cycle applying I asked that around Chirstmas and that was their reply to me, I was rejected in the next few days. Not saying that is going to happen to you, but the reply doesn't mean anything.
 
That's the standard "Wait and Find Out" reply. lol. My first cycle applying I asked that around Chirstmas and that was their reply to me, I was rejected in the next few days. Not saying that is going to happen to you, but the reply doesn't mean anything.

Yeah all she kept saying is everyone will know their decision by the end June 1
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
WL Gang: Did you guys upload your alternate form just as an "additional document" on the portal? Or was there a place specifically for the alternate form? I just want to make sure I did this right and I think I've called the admissions office too many times over the last few weeks lol
 
WL Gang: Did you guys upload your alternate form just as an "additional document" on the portal? Or was there a place specifically for the alternate form? I just want to make sure I did this right and I think I've called the admissions office too many times over the last few weeks lol
That’s what I did! The alternate list form states “Complete and upload directly to the applicant portal as an “Additional Document” type.”
 
For those that are on the waitlist, when does everyone think we will start seeing movement? I noticed that the last two years movement started around May 15th but also the waitlist came out much earlier those years
 
For those that are on the waitlist, when does everyone think we will start seeing movement? I noticed that the last two years movement started around May 15th but also the waitlist came out much earlier those years
Last year, the waitlist email was sent on April 23rd. This cycle, it's about 10 says later. I still think we will start to hear back around the 15th. But that's all just speculation 🙁
 
Can’t say I’m surprised we didn’t hear anything this week. But also, how have people who interviewed in October not heard anything back yet. Not even a waitlist…
 
Can’t say I’m surprised we didn’t hear anything this week. But also, how have people who interviewed in October not heard anything back yet. Not even a waitlist…
The waitlist reply form did say that we had to respond whether we wanted to accept and be on the list by the 13th so hopefully next week there’s more feedback from them whether it’s acceptances or another batch of waitlists or both who knows at this point though lol
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For people on the waitlist: How many of y'all submitted/are planning to submit a Letter of Intent? I'm thinking of submitting one, but am not sure of how helpful it will really be. I feel like since I interviewed in October, it might be worthwhile, but what do y'all think?
 
For people on the waitlist: How many of y'all submitted/are planning to submit a Letter of Intent? I'm thinking of submitting one, but am not sure of how helpful it will really be. I feel like since I interviewed in October, it might be worthwhile, but what do y'all think?
I submitted a LOI weeks ago without having heard anything and then got placed on the waitlist. Perhaps it could be more beneficial to hear from someone after they have it narrowed down to a waitlist pool. I’ve also heard they carry more weight after you’ve gained an A? Idk
 
For people on the waitlist: How many of y'all submitted/are planning to submit a Letter of Intent? I'm thinking of submitting one, but am not sure of how helpful it will really be. I feel like since I interviewed in October, it might be worthwhile, but what do y'all think?
I submitted one late March and then got placed on the waitlist
 
Which email do I use to withdraw my acceptance? I have emailed 3 different emails when looking for answers to things and never got an email back lol.
 
Which email do I use to withdraw my acceptance? I have emailed 3 different emails when looking for answers to things and never got an email back lol.
I believe you can withdraw your app from the application page. Email works too though.

Edit: never mind. If there's an option to withdraw on the app page I can't find it. Don't think it exists.